seventy eight

forget a backyard-sized gathering for only twenty people like I thought it would have turned out. 

logistically speaking, if you lived at stark house or say were a student form a different class looking for fun this was the party you wanted to be at. 

it goes without saying when you're at a charter magma school nothing was too over the top or off limits.

getting an invite made you feel pretty and that meant the possibility of getting lucky. and, yeah, the added benefit of people knowing how awesome you are.

complete and utter shock. that was how I had described my first time to anyone who hadn't been there. i wasn't simple-minded or innocent. i'd done plenty of things before but this was milk foam and coffee over the top.

if the sons and daughters of wealthy businessmen wanted cold hard cash all they'd needed to do was call up the family secretary for their monthly allowance and within hours bankroll in the upper thousands. 

it made me want to hurl up chunks when I thought about the dirty sum of all that lovely wad and the inherent luck of some people and the crap they'd waste on it. 

here's a perfect example; daddies little angels rolling around in fortune spent moola on matching cases of cigarettes and the perfect pill. 

a poor girl in between homes, i could do so much with cash dinero like that it was ridiculous. 

I must've played the part that i belonged because the badass teenagers at the party warmed up to me in an instant and accepted me as if i'd amexed out from mail-order catalogs instead of just looking at displays. 

when I had finally made it to the boys dormitory building my vision needed time to adjust. 

i was staring at the tub of party toys trying to find the best one when screaming voices blew my eardrum shot. 

the place smelled like a locker room where orgy had taken place. sweat, musk, perfume was so thick in the air I was surprised I couldn't see a visible cloud of it.

looking down at the goodie bucket I counted enie mini minie moe whilst a vision of tiny white dots danced in front of me. i was still getting used to seeing and it was messing with my decision to choose. 

I noticed right away a pack of ultimate party glow sticks that were hastily topped with alien puffer balls that had big wide eyes, and just below that sticking out were shiny novelties covered in plastic packaging.

I stood there for the better of three good minutes sifting through a smorgasbord of trinkets, a mixed bag of creative hands-on irresistible fun flashing toys, games and accessories that could have been used over and over easily but only with the use of replacement batteries. 

I took a gander at the colorful LED toys such as the multi-color UFO wand, bubble blaster guns, or awesome magic star wands and swords that were a perfect accessory if someone came dressed up, only i wasn't.

a blaster gun shooting glow-in-the-dark balls would be awesome to play in the dark but I wasn't planning on staying that long. This was a social courtesy not a sleepover.

flying discs were also good for night time play. 

Hmm. flashing multi-color Mohawk and Spectacular light-up tentacle headwear were just the thing if I wanted to turn heads and stand out,only i didn't want to. 

speaking of headpieces; there were also a variety of bands in many shapes: a choice from angel wings, cat or bunny ears, and even dolphin fin for myself or guests. Not

collectively there were awesome toys, games and accessories that would entertain anyone and surely make a party unforgettable.

SO did I want red or blue glasses or there was a magic wand pen but did I really feel like carrying it around when the size of the dorm was vest-pocket after revamp?