six

"Alright that's enough!" Toby whistles capturing my attention. "You hoodlums can converse on your own time. Let's go over the Do and Donts shall we?" he smirks.

Toby was tough but shrewd in his stern low tolerance approach. I didn't blame him for not wanting to deal with us. In fact, I was surprised Toby was able to stay even-tempered when it was so obvious Darcy and them wanted to be in charge.

"I think we're having fun right now." Darcy says which in turn makes both Josh and Kira laugh right out loud.

Toby narrows his eyes at Darcy. "Sit your but in a chair now before you fall and crack your skull open." Head raised high Toby walks in front of Darcy remaining calm for the moment. "To get blood on the marble flooring would be a terrible inconvenience because then I would have to clean up your mess." His illustrating comment was unusually bizarre.

They stare at each other without saying a word.

Finally Darcy moves from the table. "All right, man. Chill out." He reluctantly sits on a chair and smiles at Toby. "There, happy?"

Toby rolls his eyes and walks around the table. "Here. Go make yourself useful and pass these over." I hear Toby mutter to Josh.

With a stack of papers in his possession Josh leisurely goes around the room to hand out slips for everyone to sign.

"Please take one." Josh tells Kira who then sticks her tongue at him.

Josh chuckles at Kira revealing a silver clasp on his tongue. Longer then necessary Josh gives each person a slip.

Darcy groans. "Seriously?! Homework on the first day." Darcy puts his fine Timberland's on the table and leans back in the chair.

"Technically none of you have been finalized just yet." Toby says uncaring to beat around the bush.

Toby's voice remained painfully monotone as he spoke. I caught him checking the time every so often. With the flick of a wrist his attention remained constant never sidetracking from the outlined topic points.

"Remember, this agreement can be severed any time. It is your responsibility to sign these forms that state you understand the rules of our academic system. Only then will you attend classes." Toby further explains.

Josh steps in front of me and moves his curls to the side. Considering it was the first time I could actually see his forehead I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. It was my idea that he would look so much better with a decent hair cut.

Josh smiles up at me. "Here you go. Take one at your risk." His voice turns low at the end.

I chuckle at his mock expression. "Thanks." I take the last sheet and look it over.

Josh bows with one hand in the air and the other behind him. "Don't you know I'm here to please? Let me know how I could be of more help" He walks away.

I watch Josh cross the room and go back to his spot where he sat down on the floor next to Rachel. While avoiding eye contact with any person who might have looked his way, Josh vigorously pulls open a zipper to retrieve a ballpoint pen from his backpack.

I was a helpless idiot once I realized everyone but me was taking out their writing utensils in the sort of lead and ink. Close mouthed I squash any bitterness I had left before I could laugh at the irony of my newest predicament. Of course all supplies were in the suitcase that was currently out of my grasp for the time being. Ahead of me I noticed Rachel was already done filling out the necessary paperwork. I didn't want to bother her but what choice did I have.

Even though I might regret it later on I walk over to Rachel and tap lightly on her shoulder. "Can I borrow your pencil for a sec?" I smile.

I didn't know much abut Rachel only because she was so quiet. "Go for it." She mumbles handing me a number two pencil that had bite marks on it.