ninety

the past few minutes were a blur. 

i couldn't remember which way we mosied into the headmistresses office. or how i'd ended up in one of her plush armchairs.

i sighed as i'd imagined the comforting feel and heavy weight of bed sheets on top of me. i couldn't wait to hop in my bed and sleep. even rebecca sounded better in comparison to recent company.  

When Toby gave me a 'look' i lifted my head and tried to act as if i were paying attention.

this might have sounded weird but the professors room was a whole lot bigger than before. if the others thought it was strange they didn't point it out. i didn't know how she'd managed to create such a large space out of thin air and to be perfectly honest i didn't bother asking.

i didn't care that they were all talking about me. 

heck, i was shaking so bad i could barely hear them. since my brain was still fuzzy it had yet to catch up with the conversation they were having so i didn't know which category to place myself in.

was i the half angel that the prophecies claimed would come down to destroy all of humanity? 

i felt disengaged as i looked at the 'people' around me. 

"fine. but that doesn't explain why she was their in the first place." it didn't take long for joshua to be convinced i wasn't an archon. whatever the heck that was. even better because that meant he didn't have to kill me. 

danika was the wild card. the ones who were skilled enough to carry out any deed and make it look accidental were dangerous. at least, that's what joshua had said. he was a twisted sort of fellow with a dark sense of humor. 

-after spending all this time around her i still wasn't sure if danika was a hired assassin or not. 

i whirled my head a little too fast when the headmistress started talking about my gift. 

"isnt it obvious?" the professor asked. "that portal hovering on top of her means she can see things beyond this world." the headmistress said watching me. 

i was still learning not to jump whenever she popped up from out of nowhere.

the headmistress crosses her legs studying me from her chair. "so much power controlled by a small frame." she comments indifferently. 

i hold my tongue. 

lately i felt more drained than usual. on a good day i'd settle for stubborn and paranoid. 

i was shaking from a high amount of stress unable to stop picturing him

the contortion of his body and the pale white skin was etched in fine memory and wouldn't leave no matter how many times i prayed for it to go away. it was impossible to get rid of those unwanted images. mostly i was upset because that was not how i wanted to think of him.

when i first came to stark house i didn't think it was possible for me to let my guard down. then mason introduced himself. 

i'd never considered just what he meant to me until i saw confusion on his face the moment he'd realized he was dead. -besides the obvious reasons i understood why it came as a shock.

my tongue felt heavy in my mouth as i ran it against my gums. i clear my dry throat and say nothing about how irritating it was the way they'd brush me off.  

"have you come across others like her?" toby asks the headmistress. out of them all toby was highly interested in one subject that almost frequently came up; me.

i sat up straighter. despite the painful migraine that dug and scratched its way deep into my neck and around my forehead i was also interested in hearing what she had to say.