sixty

i wasn't prone to seductive dreams but in the brief span it took to grow a healthy reproductive system i also managed to develop a highly imaginative subconscious.

i looked forward to my dreams. they were always interesting and abstract. but this night it was a different experience, obscured yet vividly detailed in a colorful sense of the interpretation.

it was both hot and demanding. like i couldn't get enough of this 'other' fictional character that took over without warning.

the images were so intense and surreal that for one second i forgot it was all make-believe.

i wake up dazed and sweaty.

i look down and noticed that i wasn't in my usual set of pajamas. i was still in my bed except i was wearing a see through lace dress. 

i pick at the soft stretchy material of the crop top feeling shocked and displeased. 

i sigh heavily.  

the black lace cut-out symbolized everything i hated in woman's clothing that was skanky and provocative. 

in fact, every second i was in said garment i was trying to find my way out of it.

i slide my fingers down my back in hopes to find an unprotected slit or a noticeable clasp, something that could easily be undone with one hand. 

sadly i couldn't get out of it unless i somehow conjured a double version of myself from out the shadows to relieve me of the dress. 

fed up and aggravated i quit struggling and reluctantly submit to whatever hell that was brewing in between the irrational layers of my so obviously twisted innermost thoughts.

i get up from the mattress to find no Rebecca. 

i wasn't dressed for sleeping and my roommate was not in her bed with a mountain of blankets folded on top of her like a grizzly bear subdued for hibernation. 

i knew it was all a devious conjured up illusion on my part but i had experienced it as if it were happening in real time. 

as if i were walking up a set of very old white marble steps and walking into a beautiful ballroom that i'd only seen in architectural books. there weren't any lights or sounds which made the residual atmosphere bleak, abandoned and obsolete.

even though the large french windows were open exposing me to the icy cold wind i was burning hot. 

the high ceiling with its decorative mural painting and molded plaster work was built to create the indicator shape of a rounded inward like the inside of a bowl.

the architecturally sound pillars had the same spiral leaf pattern that was also meticulously exaggerated on the outward part of the dome.

the surface of the walls were made out of fine glass and magnified the darkness that spread in every direction right back to me tenfold. 

i swallow huge amounts of air. 

this was the darkness that drowned me for fear that i was going to loose someone and all that worry overwhelmed me.

i take a deep breathe and drag my feet closer to the wall of mirrors until i faced it. 

calmly i observed as the image in the mirror changed to that of a parallel duplicate of a girls slim body figure and i watched as i stared right back at myself. 

i had a narrow sized waist and shapely wide hips that resembled an hour glass figure. the sumptuous lace fabric did nice things for my figure. 

i visibly cringe when i see only the most important parts were covered with black flowers. Gah!