55-Test/Anticipation

-Kyra's POV-

Many Christmas songs and bad dance moves later, our Christmas tree stood proud and decorated. The three of us were now huddling close the fireplace, our stockings mounted upon it.

"I haven't seen snow on Christmas since I was like 7, I feel like a little kid again." I thought aloud while I slowly walked towards the window, putting my hand on it and feeling the coldness from the outside as snowflakes continued to litter the ground.

"What were your Christmases like?" Robyn asked, her voice showed curiosity as she looked towards me, her eyes showed sympathy.

"Well, Cara and I always got one gift each from the family members we stayed with but they weren't always good because, you know, we were really distant family. When we moved in with Daniel it did get a little better but that was when he was nice and perfect, when he changed we didn't celebrate Christmas at all, we couldn't even mention it." I turned so I was looking out of the window again, the snow had picked up a little and it began a lot thicker. When no one replied I guessed that they were waiting for me to continue.

"I would always try to make Christmas as enjoyable as possible for Cara. I'd always work overtime as it got closer to Christmas Day so I could buy her a few things from her list, we also haven't had a decent Christmas dinner either so it's like being introduced to it all over again." I laughed and walked back to my spot on the floor in between Ana and Robyn, we got comfortable and laid back.

"Spoken to Niall?" Ana's soft voice spoke out of nowhere, I shook my head before I spoke.

"No, I planned to a few hours ago but he wasn't online." the atmosphere was very relaxing so no one felt the need to talk.

"Well I have to prepare for the dinner tomorrow so I'll leave you girls to do Christmas things.." Ana smiled as she stood up, stretched, and walked towards the kitchen. A soft hum of music could be heard behind the kitchen door moments later.

"She always works too hard." Robyn stated as she looked at the door which led to the kitchen, I sighed.

"Rob?" I spoke quietly, Robyn was facing away from me but I could tell that something was off.

"What's the matter? You know, you can talk to me, right?" I spoke softly as I sat up, trying to look over her shoulder to see her face.

"Ky, I need to tell someone, it's eating away at me.." She spoke so quietly I almost missed it. Her voice was very shaky so I could someone wasn't right at all.

"What? What is it? Rob?" She sat up and faced me, looking towards the kitchen for a few seconds before looking at me with terrified eyes.

"I'm scared.." The waterworks started pretty quickly, I took her in my arms until her breathing laboured and she could form sentences without bursting into tears.

"What's up?" She looked into my eyes before closing her own and taking a deep breath.

"I-I m-might be p-pregnant.." I could tell that she was scared, beyond scared even, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought you weren't going to do that yet? You spoke to Connor about it, right?" I took her trembling hand in mine and spoke with worry. Alarm bells ringing in the back of my mind about how terrified she looked.

"I didn't plan it, we use protection, I don't get it.." her voice lowered until she was whispering, her eyes screwed tightly as tears spilled.

"Does Connor know?" She shook her head furiously as if to say "I don't want him to know".

"Come on." I stood up and offered my hand to her, she took it and I helped her up. We walked up to my room and I closed my door before motioning Robyn to the bathroom.

"I always keep a few hidden away." I smiled as I rummaged through the top drawer in search of a certain box.

"Stay with me, please.." I nodded and handed her the boxes once I had found them.

-5 Minutes Later-

"I'm so fucking scared Kyra.." I nodded in understanding as I looked towards Robyn from the door.

"Believe me, so was I.." I trailed to Robyn, kneeling in front of her as I grabbing both of her hands in mine.

"What's going to happen to me?" It broke my heart to see Robyn so vulnerable.

"You're going to be okay, I promise." I whispered as Robyn leaned forward and leaned her head on my shoulder, sniffling occasionally.

"What will Connor think?"

"I'm sure he'll understand how you're feeling about it, he's a very understanding guy." I felt her nod slightly before she sniffles again.

"Were you scared?"

"Petrified." I nodded, my mind replaying the moment I found out I was indeed pregnant.

"How did you cope? During and after the pregnancy?"

"Well; it was hard during because I knew the circumstances of me becoming pregnant and I felt guilty because Michael had told me that he was going to step up and I knew that it wasn't his responsibility. After was kind of tough considering I'd lost a child, it was heart wrenching, it was amazing overall so don't let my story put you off okay? You might not be pregnant so don't get ahead of yourself." I rubbed her back soothingly, we still had another 5 minutes to wait and I could tell Robyn wasn't enjoying it.

"It's killing me, knowing that in a matter of minutes, I could find out that I'll be a teenage mother.."

"I'm here for anything, I've been through this too and I know exactly how you feel right now." we smiled slightly at each other before we hugged for the remainder of the wait.

"Times up, you ready?" I stated, looking towards the tests laying on the counter.

"Yeah, it's now or never." Rob told a deep breath before standing up and walking to the counter. I quickly stood beside her, observing her every move.

"Okay" she spoke aloud before grabbing two tests, one in each hand, before slowly turning them over. Two positive results were shown.

"Shit.." she cursed loudly before handing me the two unturned tests, telling me that she wanted me to reveal them.

"3, 2, 1.." I muttered quietly before revealing them, another two positive results.

"So, I'm pregnant?" I nodded.

"We'll need to have an ultrasound just to make sure but it's very clear that you are." I spoke quietly as Robyn looked at all of the sticks placed on the counter in front of us, tears silently slipping down her face.

"Robyn? Kyra? You girls alright?" I heard Ana call from somewhere in the house.

"I'll leave you to it, I'll tell Ana that you've gone to bed." Robyn showed me a small smile before returning her gaze down to her stomach. I slowly retreated out of the bathroom and closed the door behind myself.

"Yeah we're fine, Rob has gone to bed early, said something about Connor taking her out early tomorrow or something." Ana nodded as she watched me walk down the stairs from her place at the kitchen door.

"I'm going to watch some TV and head up to bed, unless there's anything I could be doing to help you?" I look towards Ana, who just smiles sweetly before shaking her head.

"It's Christmas Eve Kyra, enjoy it. I'll be fine, I only have a few more things to do and then I'm definitely going to bed." I smiled wide at my mother figure before walking to her and wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"Thank you Ana, for everything.." Ana kissed my cheek before enclosing her arms around me.

"It's no trouble Kyra." she said simply. We stood in the comfortable silence for a few moments before coming apart.

'Merry Christmas.." I heard Ana whisper before walking back into the kitchen.