59-Lonely/Half-heartedly

-Kyra's POV-

It wasn't long until the familiar house came into view and nerves began to bubble in my stomach. Once the car had stopped, Calum rushed to grab my suitcase while I walked to the door and waited for him to unlock it.

"Please be aware that it could still be happening, just walk right past them and ignore it." I nodded as Calum put the house key into the lock and turned it before pushing the door open and walking in.

"It's clear, they must be upstairs or something." I walked in slowly and nodded as Calum put my suitcase down beside the TV.

"Where do you want to sleep?"

"Um, you said that my room hasn't changed didn't you?" Calum nodded quickly while looking around the vacant room, probably wondering where Michael and Chloe had disappeared to.

"Well I'll just stay in there then." Calum didn't get a chance to reply because footsteps echoed from upstairs.

"Kitchen, go!" Calum rushed me into the kitchen and quickly grabbed my suitcase before closing the door behind himself.

"Me and Chloe are going out!" a call came from the lounge before the front door slammed shut. Calum opened the kitchen door and smiled.

"Now we can enjoy some time without them." I laughed before running upstairs and stopping abruptly and the sight of my old bedroom door.

"Nothing has changed inside, you can go and sit in there for a bit if you want, I've got to quickly pick Luke up from his mums but I'll be back before Mikey gets back so don't worry." Calum spoke while typing on his phone so I assumed that he was texting Luke back. He gave me a quick hug before walking downstairs and out of the door.

I dragged my suitcase behind me as I walked into the room that held a lot of memories, my eyes immediately went to the crib and the name on the wall in big pink letters. Sophie.

I quickly closed the door and hurried over to the empty crib. Tears quickly streamed down my face as I clutched Sophie's favourite bunny, that was perched upright against the railings of the crib, in my hands. I walked around the room until I came across various framed photos- some of Cara and I, the boys and me. My heart broke even more at the final picture of Michael, Sophie and I. We were all smiling and everything was perfect to say the least, If I could replay that day over and over again I would without a doubt. As my legs were about to give way I walked over to my bed and collapsed onto it, still maintaining a tight grip on the bunny toy. I let the tears run freely.

I must have been lying there for a good 15 minutes before the front door opened and closed again and two sets of footsteps echoed throughout the house.

"Cal? You here?" I heard Michael's voice call round the house- I decided to not answer, it would only make everything worse.

"I guess we're home alone" I almost gagged at the seductive tone Chloe used. I heard a few giggles before I blocked every sound out.

"Yeah, she's upstairs- Jesus guys! You have a bedroom upstairs Mikey! Use it! We have to sit on that couch!" I heard Cal exclaim from downstairs and I knew that he was back, I was mentally doing cartwheels as I couldn't actually do them physically.

"What's crawled up your arse and died? Why are you now suddenly on our case? you didn't care before.." I heard Mike groan.

"I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't have sex on the couch when we have a friend staying, is that a problem for you?"

"What friend? The house is empty?" Michael sounded confused and agitated.

"Maybe because she didn't want to answer you perhaps?" Calum growled before I heard footsteps coming upstairs.

"What? You've brought a girl home Cal? Do I know her?" He suddenly sounded happy and excited and I assumed that he was now following Cal to where he was standing; in front of my bedroom door.

"What are you doing? That's where Sophie-"

"Yeah you do actually, pretty well." Cal rudely interrupted before opening the door. I didn't move or speak as he entered, I just continued to cry and block everyone out.

"What's she doing here?" Chloe's harsh voice spoke loudly as she came into view by the door. I tried to block out their voices but it was almost impossible.

"You alright?" Cal whispered as he sat down beside me and put his hand on my arm as comfort. I shook my head.

"Attention seeking little skank.­­" I flinched at what Chloe said and it seems that Cal wasn't too happy about her words.

"She misses her daughter! It's the first time she's been in here since her death so I'd like it if you showed some respect!" I slowly looked towards the door to find Chloe with the same harsh glare she always wore and Michael looking around the room, his eyes finally fixing on the bunny toy in my hands.

"Tell them to go away please.." I whispered to Calum as more tears appeared, he nodded before standing up and walking over to them. I didn't listen to what he said, but I didn't care to be honest. I felt lonely and nothing mattered. I saw Chloe scoff and walk away before Calum and Michael spoke.

"You need to teach your girlfriend some serious manners, Michael."

"You can't change a person Calum! That's just how she is!"

"You can change someone for the better Michael! You know full well that you changed Kyra, you made her so strong. It is fucking possible if you influence someone enough!"

"Oh whatever!" Heavy footsteps stamped away from the door and I heard a loud sigh before Calum walked back into the room.

"I'm so sorry Kyra, he needs to put that girl on a leash.." I laughed half-heartedly before looking down at the bunny toy.

"I'll leave you alone for a while, let you have closure. No one will disturb you, I promise." I smiled fondly towards Calum as he closed the door behind himself.