58-Guardian/Paparazzi

-Kyra's POV-

We arrived the airport in record time and I think I thanked Julia more than 20 times and we hadn't even got out of the car yet.

"Kyra, it's my pleasure. Besides, I couldn't leave you out there, it's late and anyone could have been lurking around." I smiled greatly at her consideration.

"How much do you want? 20 dollars?" I asked while trying to find which pocket of my jeans I had stashed some money in.

"Oh don't be silly! I'm not a taxi service, I don't need your money."

"It's the least I could do." I insisted. Julian simply laughed and brushed me off before getting two suitcases from the boot; my blue polka dot patterned one and a small dinosaur one that must had been Zachary's.

"Come on, don't want to miss your flights." Julian smiled widely while grabbing Zachary's hand and pulling his suitcase in her free hand.

We quickly rushed into the entrance to the airport before looking up to the screen to see when flights were departing.

"I can't find my flight.." I groaned before re-looking over the screen.

"Where are you going? It looks like there only 5 flights left to leave until tomorrow.." Julian stated.

"I'm flying to Australia, well Sydney. I can remember seeing that the flight departs at 11:30."

"Oh! You should have said! Zach is going back to Sydney, he lives there. What seat number are you?"

"I'm seat number SE24 which is a window seat and no one is sitting next to me, would you like me to watch over Zachary? I assume he's flying alone?"

"That would be great, thank you Kyra." Julia smile only grew as she basically tackled me into a giant hug.

"Would you mind if I watched over you on the plane? You can sit next to me if you want." I bent down to Zachary's level so I was only a few centimetres shorter than the shy boy, he smiled slowly and nodded quickly.

"Yes please." my heart warmed at his cuteness. It was now that I recognised his Australian accent. I put my arm out for a high five; just to make him feel more comfortable around me. He laughed and gave me a high five.

"Oh Julia , would it be sensible to trade phone numbers? I won't let anything happen to Zach but just so I can tell you that he arrived safely." Julian nodded before grabbing a piece of paper from her pocket and quickly wrote down her number before handing it to me.

"I think we should go through security now okay? I'll wait over there while you say goodbye to your grandma." I looked up from Zachary and smiled sweetly towards Julia before hugging her and walking a short way away. Zachary soon came bounding over to me with his suitcase in tow and Julia walking beside him.

"I'm going to need to tell the flight attendant that your his guardian and that he needs to sit next to you." I nodded before Zachary and I walked over to security and Julia went to find the flight attendant for the Australia flight.

-30 Minutes Later-

"are you excited?" I asked after we waved goodbye to Julian and took a seat in the waiting lounge. Zachary smiled and nodded.

"I get to see my mum and my brother." I smiled.

"Who are you seeing?"

"I'm meeting my friend who's letting me stay with him for a few weeks." I answered while remembering to send Cal a message before take off.

"Your friend is a boy?" I nodded and laughed at his face; he looked very confused.

"My brother says that if your friend is a girl, that means that their your girlfriend and if you're a girl and you have friends that are boys, that makes them your boyfriends. Is that true?" He asked while looking at me, puzzled.