Ch 8: Everything

A/N: HIIIIIII this chapter gets a bit serious but after this we learn more about Lava Cake!

~~

Lola POV:

Towel drying my hair I turned to a rather sickly looking Axel, "hey..hey, hey, Lava Cake? whats up with you? you look like mint chip ice cream green."

He glared at me, "nothing."

I shrugged, "whatever! thanks for hosing me down, I feel all clean now, like fresh candied lemons."

He glanced away and grunted a quick 'whatever.'

Lava Cake was pouting again. "So wanna tell me that story I was promised while I dry my hair?"

Heaving a sigh, he shrugged, "what do you wanna hear?"

"About how you met grandpa!" I grinned.

Axel stared at me for a long moment, "out of all the things I could tell you about why he's helped me you want to know how I met him?"

I nodded, there didn't seem like a better story than the one that started everything.

"your grandfather was having a hard time and thought he had found himself a solution, a stupid one that resulted in our meeting. He was lucky it was me rather than someone else or he would have been in deep shit. I gave him an alternative, we struck a deal and the rest is history."

"That is a terrible story! no details at all!"

He rolled his eyes at me, "have you found anything he left that mentions me?"

I pursed my lips, "no."

"Have you even looked?"

"No.."

Groaning he looked away, "I wouldn't still be here if he didn't leave anything."

My brows furrowed, "What does that even mean?"

"Nothing, just actually fucking look instead of changing the color of your eyebrows everyday."

I pouted but reluctantly agreed, "can't you just tell me?"

"Did your grandpa ever teach you anything besides candy?"

I shook my head.

"Then no I can't. did he have any other grandchildren?"

I nodded.

"Who? Maybe he left something to them."

"My cousin May...but Grandpa left everything to me."

He looked momentarily surprised, "everything?"

"Yeah."

"Your parents must have been shocked."

I bit my lip, "I don't have parents. I used to live with my uncle and aunt. They kicked me out when they realized they couldn't take a penny from me."

He frowned, "well the old man left everything to you, its not theirs to take."

"Yeah thats what I have to tell the judge."

"judge?"

"They gave me this." I handed him the offending white envelope, "last night I got it in the mail. They claim that when grandpa was old he was losing it and I took advantage of it..Grandpa was in perfect shape! and I wouldn't ever..."

He sneered looking through the papers, "Lola do you even understand half this shit?"

I shook my head, "...I dropped out of high school this year remember? and well...all I really know is how to do taxes and run a candy shop. why?"