Ch 32: Bucket List

Axel POV:

"What the hell man? I try and help you out and you cut me...a lot."

I glared over at Karma, tail whipping wildly, "Why did you show up?"

"because I'm smart enough to know that as much as you want to burying yourself balls deep into her was a bad idea for one night only. For several reasons, one of which being the aftermath when your back to your senses and two being you might have decided that she would be cute dead when you were done." He shot me a look, "well the sun has risen, your back to normal, you have to explain some serious shit to her. how do you feel?"

I looked away.

"Your welcome. this place is a dump."

My eyes widened and I shoved past Karma out into the main shop.

Lola was on her knees scrubbing the floor in a pair of my sweats I kept in the break room and an old T-shirt. her rainbow hair was a mess, objects were flying around trying to desperately clean up whatever they could. She sniffled a bit pink mascara and black lines running down her face with her tears.

Shit.

"wow she's good at this."

I ignored Karma, instead approaching the small girl, "lola.."

She glanced at me, "not now..I-I have to fix this all...it's not okay..grandpas shop..he would be sad. I.."

Focusing I closed my eyes.

Opening them again only when the shop was nearly what it had been. A few things couldn't be salvaged.

She was staring down at her hands, "are you better now?"

"Lola.."

"Next time just go...I don't know stay home when you know your going to cause trouble. I can't afford to rebuild my shop."

"I know."

She looked past us at a shattered gum ball machine, the hand painted glass and structure destroyed beyond recognition. 

She looked utterly broken, "Grandpa loved that machine...grandma painted it you know."

Karma sighed, "Sweetness, I think your avoiding the whole, 'a demon nearly raped me' thing."

"hm? oh..yeah. Bad lava cake you shouldn't rape people."

The red head face palmed. "you have got to be..lola..sugar I know your stupidity is cute but thats a little much."

I growled at him.

He rose a brow at me, "what? you don't wanna be in trouble for doing bad things?"

She stared at us, clearly not okay in any way.

"Lola."

She looked at me, sort of...it was like she wasn't even really there. 

"Snap out of it."

Karma groaned, "you are the most insensitive ass I have ever met."

I frowned, "do we really need to go through your history? you're not exactly man of the year fuckface."

He sneered, "really? I'm never saving your ass again."

"I didn't need saving."

"yeah right because just screwing the old mans granddaughter on his shops floor and probably hurting her or killing her in the process is on the top of your god damned bucket list." He shot me a loathing look, "oh wait its actually probably the only thing on your bucket list you obsessed twisted little fuck."