Ch 24: I'm Lola

A/N: Have you ever wanted to ask one of my leading ladies a question? Have you ever wanted this ghosts insight into how they were brought to life and what makes them tick?

WELL COMING SOON YOU CAN HAVE THAT!

haha I'm doing a mini book on my leading ladies because while their men share the spotlight each of my stories starts with them (literally thats how I start)

I want to do interviews with them because it would be fun practice for me to respond as they would.

SO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING FOR ANY OF THEM AND YOU WANT IT PUT IN THE MINIBOOK JUST PM IT TO ME!

~~

Lola POV:

"Axel I did it!"

He stared at the floating vase. "so you did."

I grinned, "okay now what?"

"now put it down."

huh? "I don't turn it into a candy tuba?"

He stared at me, lavender eyes filled with slight distain, "no."

I focused on the vase trying to get it to go down.

It dropped to the floor and shattered. 

We stared at it for a moment.

"Now lift it again."

blinking I stared at him, "but its shattered..."

"so?"

"How will I pick it all up?"

"With the spell just focus on each piece you idiot."

I looked back to the broken bits, "I'm hungry, lets just get a broom and order Chinese food."

He sighed, staring at the pieces on the floor and then at my mismatched socks, "why haven't you run off Lola?"

My brows furrowed, run off? It hadn't even crossed my mind, "why would I run? I couldn't make the vase move if I ran..."

His eyes were sharp, looking through me, "you know thats not what I mean."

I bit my lip fingering my sweater, "because...even if you're a big bad demon cake made from hells chocolate lava...I like you. You're the only friend I have ever had..and you are my last connection to grandpa."

It was silent, I wasn't sure what he was doing or thinking.

I couldn't meet his eyes.

"You like the image of me Lola, you would despise the me in my natural form. You would run. We are not friends Lola, I am your way of denial and distraction. and you..you are my way of atonement and my punishment. That is all."

Punishment? "...do you hate me that much Axel?"

"With every fiber I can muster."

"Why?"

Another long silence, "Because it's you."

That didn't make any sense, "I don't understand...that doesn't make sense!"

"Nothing ever does."

I peered at him through thick lashes, he was still staring at my socks. "I wouldn't..."

"hmm?"

"I wouldn't run from you...who would run from a chocolate cake?"

He snorted.

"Chocolate's my favorite you know...I made you some bitter chocolate and got it while I was in my room. As a thank you. will you try it?"

He met my eye then, "I hate sweets."

"But its bitter. like you."

Axel nodded once and I fished the little box from where I had placed it on the counter. Setting it in his palm.

"Hate isn't something you can control Lola. Even if you say you wouldn't, you would."

"But grandpa liked you."

He hummed.

"...I'll go get the takeout menu." Scurrying from the room, a heat ran through me.

I had been looking for the perfect type of candy since I saw him with that sad look on his face.

Grandpa always said Candy was the best cure.

But Axel hated sweets..So I tried my hardest to make something bitter.

Shoving open the kitchen door again I sighed, "got it..."

The man turned to me, long black tail flicking, chocolate between his razor pointed teeth.

I froze at the sight, not a single tooth was blunt, his eyes seemed to be glowing and horns sprouted from his hair. Movement brought my attention to his hands, his nails black and claw-like. He could probably destroy me without even trying, he could probably kill me grinning ear to pointy ear. 

This was Axel?

My lips parted in surprise, "cute..."

His lavender eyes widened in what I assumed was shock.

"You're horns are cute, can I touch them?"

He blinked, "Are you an idiot?"

I stared up at him, reaching for a horn, its black surface cracked with streaks of glowing violet. "No..I'm Lola and you bled on my shops floor so you belong to me by default remember?"

I didn't flinch even as a clawed hand wrapped around my wrist, "I don't like people touching them."

Oh. "Did you like it?"

"What?"

"The Chocolate."

He didn't answer my question, "If I make you bleed here do I own you?"

"no its my home so if you make me bleed I own you by default in my next life too."