Ch 40: Lawyers are Like Santa

A/N: For those of you who do not know my newest story Tick Tock is up! 

oh and I have a note from one of my readers i was asked to share with you all! Please be a dear and help out if you can!

"on Saturday October 24, 2015 its Pitbull awareness day!! what I'm doing to appreciate these poor abused animals is im messaging my followers and anyone Who owns a half Breed or full bred Pitbull and telling them to pm me and send a picture of their beautiful beast to janellealijah@gmail.com to get a shout out and to be featured on my book 'can a street racer love a bad boy' and another since I have used three of my own pitbulls as the leading characters pets. I thought it was a Great way to appreciate these poor abused animals and to spread the word around that Pitbulls aren't just aggressive animals. their anything but! so support the cause and spread the word around about Pitbull awareness day! Help stop abuse, One step at a time we Will end it completely.

Remember: Ban the deed, Not the breed

love,

Houston149"

~~

Lola POV:

"Hello mister!" 

The man in the suit stared at me for a good five minutes, "..Lola faye?"

I grinned, "yup! And this is Axel he's...uhhh Axel what do I call you?"

Axel shrugged, "roommate? employee?"

The lawyer looked between the two of us. "Im Gerald Atkins...I'll be your lawyer for this dispute."

I flopped into the office chair, across from him, Axel sinking into the one next to me.

Mr Atkins looked at Axel for a long moment, "how do you know her?"

"I work in her shop and live with her."

He nodded, "okay..so you two are in a relationship? will there be any need for his testimony in court?"

I shook my head, "no I just hired Axel after he got out of prison and asked if he wanted to live with me, and he knows more lawyer speak than me so he's my translator today!"

the older man looked a bit confused, "you asked a convicted criminal to just live with you?"

"yup."

Axel snickered, "hey Gerald can I smoke in here?"

My lawyer looked very unhappy, "this is a state owned building, no smoking is permitted."

"ehhh you smoke Lava Cake?"

His lavender eyes clashed with mine, "the fuck did you thing the cigarettes in the kitchen ashtray were? why the hell did you think we had an ashtray?"

"...decoration?"

"Lola there is no fucking way you didn't smell the cigarets?"

"I thought it was your soul burning."

He snorted.

I smiled.

My lawyer looked bemused. "well, I need to know what it is you want walking away from this." 

"my shop!"

"and her home, all the money she inherited, everything the old man left her, and lets tack on about three thousand in emotional damage from her dear family?"

We both stared at Axel.

He rose a dark brow, "What? you have a problem with it?"

"why do I need three thousand dollars?"

He shrugged, "rainy day fund for when your stupid? Vacation? An investment? A Chihuahua? I don't fucking know, its a lowball number for their snobby asses anyways."

I blinked, staring at my rainbow sprinkle nails, "I want a chihuahua...Mr lawyer man, can I have a chihuahua?"

"I wouldn't advise asking for money from then Miss Faye it won't make the other side very happy."

I pouted.

Axel put his feet on the mans desk, "the woman wants a Chihuahua, your job is to get what your client wants."

It is?

Lawyers are like Santa...Cool! "Oh oh then can I have a new cotton candy machine and a vintage oven for my shop and-"

"shut up Lola."

I frowned, "okay.."

"So were counter suing for the sum of three thousand, and were keeping her whole inheritance. Got it Gerald?"

My lawyer blinked.

Axel sneered, "I'll take that as a yes, shes annoying when shes upset so if this ends with her upset...I won't be happy." He shot the man a pointed look.

I didn't understand it but I guess my santa lawyer did because he nodded.

Axel nodded, "good. were done here then."

I smiled and waved goodbye as Axel pulled me from the room.

~~

"Whats for dinner?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs."

I ahed watching Axel throw things into a bull of meat, "Can I help?"

He looked at me for a moment before sliding the bowl over to me, "mix it with your hands, roll inch thick meat balls and put them in the pan."

I washed my hands in the sink, humming happily before studying beside Axel and doing as I was told.

He was messing with some bread, "whatcha making?"

"Garlic bread."

"eehh don't you just buy that from the freezer section?"

His nose crinkled, "that shit is disgusting. making it yourself is better."

"oh..hey can we have fried chicken tomorrow?"

He sighed, "why?"

"I want it. And mashed potatoes! I and string beans! and and an-"

"Fine."

I grinned, Lava cake can be so nice. "hey hey, is this right?"

He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, "yeah. put them in the oven."

I did, wondering a bit on how Axel knew how to cook all this food but letting the thought go the moment he reached into the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of wine, "Axel..how old are you?"

He shrugged, "old. demon remember?"

I waved him off, "yeah yeah I know that but like how old human age are you?"

He handed over a drivers license I didn't even know he had. 

I blinked at it, "twenty two?"

He shrugged, "works for me."

I handed it back, "your a child pervert."

"Your legal."

I wasn't really sure what to say to that so I just watched him open the wine, "want some?"

"is it sweet?"

"if it was I wouldn't drink it."

I pursed my lips. but accepted the outstretched glass, taking a sip. 

It tasted strange but not unpleasant.

"Careful not to get drunk Lola, demons do  bad things to pretty drunk girls."