Ch 56: It's Name is Squishy.

Lola POV:

I woke to Axel doing something, down there.

I turned my head and shut my eyes. Trying to ignore the feeling.

Something pinched.

I gasped whimpering in pain trying my best to wiggle away.

"Shhh shh Lola its okay, I'm just getting rid of this." He held a little silver hoop between his black claws.

I peered up at it, remembering how much it hurt brought the dull ache to my core to new heights of pain.

He handed me a drink, "for the pain."

I eyed him for a long moment, afraid it was a trick of some kind, growing sad when I realized trick or not he was going to make me drink it anyways.

I was careful not to touch him as i took to cup and swallowed down the horribly bitter liquid before hiding behind my hair.

The air was still for a long moment.

"Im sorry Lola."

My head whipped to face him, he wasn't looking at me, instead staring at the pastel wall with his jaw clenched.

He ran a frustrated hand through his hair before standing abruptly, his tail whipping behind him, "damn it!"

I flinched, staring wide eyed before blurting, "im sorry!"

He shot me a look, "what?"

I shivered slightly, "s-sorry?"

He looked exasperated, "what the hell are you sorry for? You just woke up like five fucking seconds ago!"

My gaze dropped to my lap, "i made you angry again didn't I? I always make you angry."

I blinked back my tears as Axel started growling out things I don't understand.

My head fell further.

Something was placed on top of it.

Carefully, cautiously I picked it up.

It was a fluffy.

Axel put a fluffy on my head.

I looked around spotting him kneeling by the bed looking rather irritated, "you have no idea how hard it was to get that here. The underworld doesn't do stuffed animals, especially not ones like that.

I poked the smaller one perched on the fluffies head, "...ice cream octopus?"

He was practically grinding his teeth, "I don't know you like ice cream and remind me of an octopus so i force- i mean had the guy in the markets bordering our world make it."

I blinked.

He sighed, "its name is Squishy."

"...squishy?"

He growled under his breath, "you always insist they have names so i fucking named it squishy because thats what it is."

My eyes went wide, "Squishy is a double scoop?"

"Yeah sure."

I hugged squishy. "Is this because I was good?"

...he looked angry again.

"No its because i was bad."

"Berry lime sorbet double scoop..thy name is squishy."

He huffed, "yeah yeah whatever."

"Squishy looks kind of confused...but happy.."

"Reminds me of that stupid look you get when you try a new candy."

I patted squishy.

We fell into silence once again.

"..I love you lola."

My eyes went impossibly wide. "A-Axel! Squishy can talk!"

He hit himself in the face, "Squishy can...fucking loon...squishy can'-"

I smiled softly down at the plushie. It took up my entire lap. Squishy was a big friendly iceopus. "Squishy loves me."

He sighed, "yeah. Squishy loves you a lot lola."

Tears sprang to my eyes, "Promise?"

"Promise."

"Good..because most things dont."

"Most things are stupid."

"I still hurt."

"I know."

He was looking at the floor again something flashing across his face.

I placed squishy in front of him, lying on my belly and raising one of his tentacles, making my voice low and silly, "my name is squishy! Im from the secret alien planet of Yum Yum Om Nom! Located in the Foo-Foo  galaxy! And this little guy is Smoosh!"

Axel stared at squishy, "what the fuck lola?"

"I do not know this Lola you speak of only that she is..um a nice girl who should not be punished!"

His eyes softened, "she wont be."

I hid behind my hair, not quite believing it.

"Smoosh and I want to know why you are sad!"

He sighed muttering to himself, "cant believe I'm fucking doing this.." He gave another sigh, "well because i fucked up...squishy."

"How so?"

He flicked squishy in the face, "I hurt a little rainbow and made her cry a lot for something that wasn't even her fault."

"...why did you do that?"

"Cant control my nature here, even if i try not too i always snap at some point. I just wish it wasnt on her."

"..Squishy does not understand."

"Night terrors were once most feared here but killed one another off, its just me now well half of me, my incubus side is clever and lustful while my night terror side is instinctual and a total brute. Unlike the average incubus i dont hide my evil nature behind smiles and I have an extremely short fuse with very little compassion. I go into blind fits when I'm in this realm. And i did again."

"...that must be hard."

He shrugged, "it is since i haven't been here in a while...anyone else but her would have been fine. Anyone."

I Peered at him from over Smoosh, "but it was her."

His eyes met mine, "yeah. It was. And I dont even know what to do to fix it."

Slowly he rose from the ground, "but i have some things that need to be done so I can get her home, by squishy."

I sat up and pulled Squishy to my chest as he left the room, "you know squishy. I think i really do love him too. Is that bad?"

The iceopus didnt respond.

I poked it, "boop! Axels your daddy and im your mommy. Boop. But daddy axel has a worse temper than a drunk. I worry about that he scared me." I poked smoosh this time, "boop."