Ch 13: Can I Have Your Fortune Cookie?

A/N: Im sure you ca guess thats Lolas, just ignore those horrid shoes. lol pink stilettos is sooo much cuter!

~~

Lola POV:

"Axel look its the mall!"

He sighed, "I can see that. What do you need from here?"

I blinked, "...I forgot."

He glared.

"But I know it was really really important and we had to go to this mall to get it!"

"This mall is over an hour away from the other mall we passed! you had better fucking remember whatever it is you needed!"

I pouted, "...uhh OH I KNOW!"

"what?"

"Court clothes! I need a lady suit."

He turned an odd shade of angry, "There are places to buy thing like that IN TOWN!"

I huffed, "those are all in drab boring colors."

"Lola...exactly what kind of shop are you drawing me to?"

"Shhhh I haven't asked your advice yet! your the only one of us who has been to court before so you should know court things."

"yeah like don't stand out."

"I dont."

For some reason he felt the need to hit himself in the face. "Lola your head looks like it was barfed on by a unicorn."

I touched a pink lock, "Is that bad?"

"In court yes."

I was quiet, "well at least ill look cute with my suit!"

"What suit?"

~~

I strutted out of the dressing room to face a very irritated and pale looking Axel, "What about this one?"

"You look like you got shit on by cotton candy."

"...So its cute?"

"no! suits are not supposed to be fucking cute. They are supposed to be black and serious or whatever."

"but black is boring."

"So are people who wear suits."

"oooohhh, I get it now! I should be more of a green color."

He rose a single brow, "Why?"

"Because I'm probably going to be so freaked out I'll look green in my suit no matter what."

Axel was quiet for a long moment before standing and glaring at the shop assistant until the older man scurried off. Messing with the racks Axel plucked a few things of the rack, none of them matching what the man said they were supposed to go with.

He threw the pile of clothes at me, "There. Go put that on."

I walked into the dressing room in a daze, slipping on the shades of yellow and pink, not even bothering to look in the mirror before stepping out.

Axel nodded more to himself than anything, still standing there as a padded barefoot across the floor, barely meeting his collarbone as I stood in front of him. 

He puled my hair from my face leaving a few locks framing my cheeks and jaw, twisting the rainbow mass into a wavy bun, held together by a pen the sales man had left behind, "There. just go easy on the makeup, which means no bright yellow lipstick and pick some shoes. Happy now, can we leave?"

I grinned at the image before me, the tall brooding man closely shadowing the colorful ensemble I was in. His lavender eyes looking at the image with something again to hesitant loathing.

I leaned back into him and laughed, "I look like strawberry lemonade!"

He sighed, "And thats a bad thing?"

I shook my head, "No its great! I have shoes the exact same color as this tie."

"Of course you do."

I frowned as he started to walk away, "Hey hey where are you going?"

He looked at me over his shoulder, "I thought you only wanted my help."

"Well uh do you want to get some food or something, I'll buy as a thank you."

"I don't want ice cream lola."

I frowned undoing my bun, "No, not that like food food, things other people eat. The Chinese place here is supposed to be really good..."

He hesitated a moment before shrugging, "sure whatever, free food is free food."

I quickly ran back to the changing room, paid for the outfit and skipped to meet Axel outside, freezing when I saw him leaning against a wall talking to some tall leggy woman with stick straight black hair, "Go the fuck away Leila."

The woman laughed, placing a mocha hand on his chest, "now now Ab-"

"Finish that name and I will rip your head off where you stand."

Her laugh was like silver bells, so beautiful I was caught in it for a moment, "Oh dear, as mean as always its no wonder everyone wants you, tell me then darling where have you been all this time?"

Axel swatted her hand from his face, "none of your business."

I frowned snapping out of my temporary trance as her face distorted into something ugly.

I walked up to them just as she practically hissed at him, "So you smell like some little bitch for no fucking reason then do you Abs-"

"Axel, I'm finished. Mean lady and you need to stop talking because I'm hungry."

Her face instantly reverted to its previous beauty, "Oh...and who might you be sweetie?"

"I'm Lola the only truly sweet thing about me is my tits who are you?"

She seemed momentarily surprised, taking a closer look at me, "how old are you?"

"Eighteen."

She looked to Axel, "What kind of flat chested midget are you keeping around?"

I frowned, "hey I'm wearing a bra to purposely compress my boobs this loli look I have going looks better flat. Where did you get yours? the rotten watermelon patch? you saggy hag."

Axel choked on a laugh at my obvious lie, that woman watermelons were irritatingly and creepily perfect. 

She on the other hand looked utterly astonished at my comment, "Who the hell is this bitch!"

He snorted, "a responsibility I never asked for."

They stared at one another for a moment, understanding seeming to cross the woman face, "Oh."

"Yeah so don't even think about it, we both know I'm no fun angry."

She smiled slyly, "Oh but you are fun, why don't you get some free time from the little Witch later and we can play."

Axel cringed slightly, "no thanks Lola lets go."

We left her astonished, I looked up at the seething man as we walked away, his grip firm on my arm, "Axel...who was she? Why they fudge did she go from calling me sweetie to bitch to witch?"

"No fucking reason Lola, no fucking reason."

"Do you still want Chinese?"

He seemed utterly exasperated, I wasn't sure he was up for it. "Sure why the fuck not."

"Hey, hey Axel?"

"What?"

"Since you don't like sweets can I have your fortune cookie when we get them?"

He hit himself again.