(2) "Playing Coy"

It's been two days after the memorial and things are starting to calm down, the investigation is still going on and the town is still on high alert but at least people are starting to recover. Brad along with Tris and their friends went to Hazel's house to formally welcome her as she comes home from the hospital. Hazel Fray was in a comatose for two weeks after receiving head trauma from one of the shooters. Brad thinks she was hit in the head , or probably got pushed against a wall. But that doesn't matter now, what matters is that she's alive and well.

 "What time are they gonna come?" Brad asked Danny, Hazel's college level brother. "Around 10:00 am, you still have an hour" he replied. Danny is much different to Hazel. She is more of the reserved type while he on the other hand reminds Brad of himself. But there's just one twist ... he's not into girls.

 Danny Fray spends most of his time working out and making himself more attractive. Kind of a narcissistic if one would ask Brad. But he finds it amazing how their parents seems to be so supportive of him, he just wishes his family could react the same once he tells them he's seeing Tristan.

 Brad looked around and saw Tristan with James hanging the banner, who would have thought things would be like this?. This time last year they would be busy having threesomes or foursomes with the hot chicks in school ... Tris and Brad would spend most of the after school time fucking girls. That's how they've always seen high school, who would have thought that they would develop feelings for each other?.

 "You're hooking up with him?" Danny asked.

 "What? No!" Brad answered and then carried the box of confetti upstairs so James can pour it down once she comes inside.

 "I can see the way you look at him Brad. I thought you are a solid womanizer, quite surprised that you are into guys as well" he whispered and then winked at him. Brad just sighed, if Danny noticed him just like that then it would only be a matter of time before everyone else does.

 Danny's the typical college dude, buff and shirtless almost all the time. But unlike Brad, he's very open about his sexuality. He's got this "Love it or Hate it" attitude that immediately sticks with his friends. And they have already accepted him because of it.

 "I'm not into guys" Brad replied, Danny is still following him wherever he goes.

 "So what? you just checking him out?"

 "Stop it Danny"

 "Alright I will. I have known you Brad for quite some time now, one thing I can say about you is that you're not a good liar" the older guy replied as he walked away and started helping Connor and Victoria with preparing the foods.

 All of a sudden, Tris walked towards the curly haired lad and asked him if he's alright.

 "Are you okay?" Tris asked Brad in a whispering manner.

 "Yeah" Brad replied, smiled at him and then walked away.

 Brad thought he's finally coming into terms about his feelings for Tristan but after today's conversation with Danny , he realized he's not. 

---

 Tris spent the next few minutes eyeing Danny as he's helping the others prepare the food. Whatever he said made Brad visibly uncomfortable.

 "Tris are you alright?" the blonde haired lad snapped back to reality and then looked quickly to his side only to see James staring at him, very puzzled.

 "Yeah"

 "Are you looking at Danny? He's grown a lot right? And a lot tanner actually, must be spending a lot of time in the beach" James replied.