(13)"Strings"

Brad's heart almost escaped his chest after what happened, thankfully he was able to accelerate quickly and avoid the renegade truck from hitting them. "Did you get that jerk's plate number?" Brad asked James.

 "Dude sorry no .. but oh my God that is fucking close"

  "Too close" Brad replied while still breathing fast. He dodge death once and he doesn't intend on doing it again any time soon. The two went back to the town of Wright and into James's residence about an hour later.

 "Dude thank you so much" Brad told James as they pull up right in front of his house. "You're very most welcome. And besides you're not the only who benefited from it, I got to meet her again" James replied, smiling. He then proceeded to show a piece of paper to Brad which has the nurse's new number in it.

 "Four for you James, you go James" the curly haired lad teased and they both started laughing. A few seconds after, they parted ways.

  Bradley then drove home and saw his father's car on the driveway. He took a deep breath, got out of the car and walked inside the house where he saw him coming downstairs carrying most of his things. "Where are you going?" he asked.

 "None of your business" he replied sternly and walked passed him.

 "You're running away again huh? When things get rough you always find a way out. You always leave us"

 "You don't know what you're talking about Bradley" his Dad replied while packing his stuffs into his car.

 "I may not know but one thing's for sure,you were never really a father to us" that's all Brad said before slamming the door shut.

 He then got upstairs and saw Brendon comforting their mother on his bedroom. "What happened?" the curly haired lad asked.

  "It's done ... we're done" she answered sobbing.

 "That's alright .. we're always gonna be here" Brad said in assurance.

---

 Luke returned to their room early that evening with bandages on both of his hands. He was accompanied by some nurses, they didn't leave the room until he was able to take his meds right in front of their eyes. As soon as they're gone, Tristan quickly went to Luke's bed and asked him what happened.

 "I guess I just blacked out" he replied. Tris is not content with his answer and so he asked him once again.

 "If you 'black out' then that means you passed out. Seriously Luke, what the hell happened to you?"

 "It's seriously none of your business Tristan"

 The blonde haired lad is losing his patience, all he wants is to help Luke with whatever it is that is bothering him.

 Tristan then got up and walked towards the door to see if anyone's coming. He then placed a chair against it and proceeded to walk back to Luke.

 "What are you doing?" Luke asked.

 "We're gonna talk" Tris uttered and then sat beside him. Figuring that Luke won't answer any of his question, Tris decided to take things to his hand. The blonde haired lad placed a hand on Luke's lap and then smiled at him.

 He never want to seduce Luke , all he needs to do right now is help him or else he might kill himself.

 "What do you wanna know?" his roommate asked as he sat up.

 "Do you know who Haley is?"

 "What? No" Luke replied and then closed his eyes. It's obvious from his face that he's in pain. Tris looked at his friend's hands and can clearly see that it's the reason for his reaction.