(30) "Take Back"

Tris entered the school premises anxiously, he can't help but look around to make sure that no masked dude is hiding in the corners. The school shooting traumatized him up to the point that he's pretty sure it will stay with him for the rest of his life.

 "No one's here to harm you" James told him before they enter the new building where their classes are being held. Tris, Victoria, Connor and Brad have the same first subject, while James and Hazel are together right on the next room for Physics 101.

 "I'll see you around" the blonde haired lad told James as he and Brad enter their classroom. "Do you still know where your seat is?" Curly asked him.

 "Behind you .. am I right?"

 "Of course" Brad replied and then smiled at Tris. The blonde haired lad's heart quickly fluttered at the sight of him, Tris still doesn't know what he did to deserve someone as amazing as Brad. He's been his best friend , even more than that. They've known each other for years, who would have thought that they'll end up falling in love?.

 As soon as Tris sat down, their classmates quickly asked him how is he feeling.

 "I'm good" he replied to them, smiling. A few minutes after, their teacher came in and acknowledged the blonde haired lad's return. She also asked them to give him a round of applause for being brave and not letting the trauma completely destroy him.

 "Thank you guys" that's all Tris can say.

---

During their break time, the group of friends gathered at a table in the cafeteria. "I missed this a lot" Hazel commented and then smiled at her friends. Connor can't help but notice that James is not leaving her side, it's like he's so attached to her these days.

 The young  lad then also remembered that time he introduced Nick to Tristan a few days ago. He's pretty surprised that they actually know each other. As it turns out, they were old friends.

 Tris and Nick first knew each other when they were 5 , about a year before Brad's family moved into town. They would play all day and even do sleep overs. Connor watched Tristan's reaction during that moment and knew that everything he told them was real. If Nick's family did not move away then maybe there's no 'Tradley' tandem right now.

 Connor then heard from Nick that they tried to reconnect a few years after but ended up completely drifting apart. Until it all came to a point that were nothing but a good memory to each other.

 Brad asked Nick why he didn't talk to Tristan the minute he got back , the other lad just replied "I kinda got busy".

 But all things must be set aside now , what's important is that he's back. Connor still thinks he's a jerk though. Maybe the young lad is just jealous that Victoria is drawn to the tatted lad rather than him, he just doesn't want to admit it.

----

 "So have you talked to Nick yet?" Brad asked Tris while they're walking towards the locker area. "Not yet, I'm planning tomorrow .. why?" the blonde haired lad asked him. Deep inside, Brad knows he felt a little jealous knowing that someone like Nick is back in town and to make things worst, he can't remove that feeling.

 "Nothing" Brad answered and then just smiled at Tris.

 "Are you jealous?" the blonde haired lad then asked him.

 "Don't be stupid"

 "Why are you so defensive Bradley?" Tris asked as he laughed a bit.

 "The golden boy is back" a familiar voice said and Brad's heart dropped. The two looked on and saw Brett smiling at them.

"Hello guys"

"What do you want?" Brad asked.

 "Not you" Brett replied and then smirked at him. The curly haired lad quickly clenched his fist, ready to punch the bastard's face.

 "Brett seriously, what do you want?" Tris then asked to avoid any further commotion between the two.

 "I just came by to check on you"

 "Now you saw he's alright you can finally go" Brad uttered. He still hates Brett so much.

 "Brad stop it" Tris whispered and so he did.

 "Fine I will go. But I just have to remind you Tris, the athletic meet will push through. If you wanna beat me , then you should get back on the field" that's all Brett said before walking away them. As soon as he's out of sight, Brad decided to spit out the words he's keeping inside his mouth.

 "That motherfucking low life bastard good for nothing fucker!" the curly haired lad said before letting out a sigh of relief.

 "Calm down Hulk" Tris then told him as they started walking towards their next class.

---

 Tristan's first day back at school turned out to be just fine, even though he already missed a lot of lessons.

 "I'm home!" the blonde haired lad yelled as soon as he got inside his house. Tris threw his bag at the chair and then sprawled across the couch.

 "How's your first day honey?" Mrs. Evans asked as soon as she came to his view.

 "It's fine"

 "Nothing wrong happened?"

 "Nothing" Tris replied and then smiled at her.

 "What time are you going home tomorrow?"

 "Same time why?" the blonde haired lad asked as he sat up. "Your therapy, remember?"

 "Oh alright" he answered and then smiled at her. Luke suddenly came into his mind, he's now wondering what he's doing or if he's fine.

 That's when he remembered, Brad still doesn't know a thing about the two of them ... that's what made Tris decide that his friendship with Luke should remain a secret.

 "Also one more thing"

 "What is it?"

 "Your new teacher will come in next week"

 "New teacher? What for?"

 "Your father and I decided that it should be better if you're just home schooled"

 "What? No!"

 "Yes Tristan, it's for your own sake"

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ what do you think ? please vote and comment :D

 and yes Connor is jealous at Nick because Victoria is drawn to him while Brad is also jealous at Nick (more like threatened) since the young lad is Tristan's very first friend (and also because  Brad doesn't wanna lose his place in Tristan's life.) . The main question right now is .. Do you think Nick's good? or bad? .

 Luke , Tricia , Danny and Alexis will come back to the story in the coming chapters so stay tuned :) x