(31) "When I Get You"

James and Hazel have been undeniably close these past few days, so close that most of their friends are wondering if there's something good going on between the two of them. "Did you see the way they stared at us yesterday?" Hazel asked the young lad while they're walking towards their first class.

 "Yeah it was kind of funny" James replied and then smiled at her. He knows everyone is missing his goofy side, he misses it too ... but the thing is, he's still caught up with drama of his past. Erica is still in town and she's still waiting for him to remember her. "But do you wanna remember her?" James asked himself. If she is that kind of girl they say, then James's answer would be 'No', but after talking to her he knew they were wrong. Erica is a victim of the situation , just like him.

 "Are you alright?" Hazel then asked James after noticing that he zoned out on her.

 "Yeah. sorry" he replied and then laughed a bit.

 "Are you still thinking about her?"

 "Who?"

 "Erica Odell?"

 "I'd be lying if I said 'No' , but don't worry , she'll escape my mind pretty soon" he replied and then looked at the young girl. Hazel's extremely pretty and he always had a bit of a crush on her so James thought it'll be a nice move for them if he invites her out.

 "What are you doing tonight?"

 "Nothing. Why?"

 "Do you wanna see a movie?" the young lad asked and saw Hazel stopped walking.

 "James, I would love to. But I think it's better for the both of us if you first settle whatever it is you have with Erica. I know that you know I have a bit of a crush on you too and I'm willing to give you my all. I can do that ... O just need to be assured that you will do the same. That you're not hung up on her"

 "But I'm not"

 "James please ... we can be friends right now ... but we can't go on dates or do other things that couples do unless it's really over between the two of you. When you love someone you first have to feel complete. And you are not complete right now"

  The young lad just stood there and watched Hazel enter their classroom. "She's right" he thought to himself. He must first end everything he has with Erica.

----

 Brad will spend the night at Tristan's house after their families do this mini get together.  One of the thing that still amazes him is how their families have gotten so close to each other because of them. His Mum and Tristan's Mum treat each other as best friends while their Dads hang out like two frat brothers.

 "Wonder how they'll treat each other once we come out to them" the blonde haired lad whispered to Brad in a worried manner.

 "If they love us Tris, they'll accept us. It's as easy as that" he replied to him. But deep inside, he knows that the chances of them being open minded is very slim.

 About an hour later, Brad's family started packing up. "You're gonna be alright here huh?" his Mum asked him.

 "Yeah" he replied and then smiled at her. A few moments after, they left Tristan's house.

 Brad and Tristan then helped Mr & Mrs. Evans fix all the mess that were left behind. As soon as they were done, they all went to bed.

 "So, we're gonna sleep in the bed together?" Brad asked Tris after locking their door.