(24) "Can't Lose You"

Tristan then woke up and found himself lying in bed inside their own room. "You're awake" he turned his head to the side and saw Luke smiling at him. "Where am I? What happened?" Tris asked as he sat up. His body is still aching form what happened, he looked on his arms and saw a massive bruise that he doesn't remember getting.

 "You collapsed" Luke replied. Tris then remembered everything that happened last night, how he survived yet another threat to his life. "Where's Haley?" he asked Luke.

 "She was brought to an asylum early this morning. They will do tests on her if she's mentally stable for a trial. One count for attempted murder and actual murder"

 "Ugh. What about John?"

 "He's dead"

 "Oh my God" Tris uttered just as his jaw dropped.

 "Yeah he is. Turns out Haley mortally wounded him. I on the other hand just knocked him out"

 "Wow . I can't believe his gone"

 "You're not used to death are you?" Luke then asked as he sat beside Tris. "I'm not" the blonde haired lad then replied. That's also the time when he remembered everything that Haley told him. Including the accident that Luke is involved with.

 "I have a question Luke"

 "What is it?"

  "What really happened that day? Did you really pushed your roommate off the building?"

  "Did she tell you that?"

  "Yes. Luke tell me if it's true"

  Luke then took a deep breath and then turned his face towards Tristan. "That was an accident. Michael and I were just hanging out in the rooftop this one cold morning. I .. I told him I'll just go inside to get a coat. When I get back outside, he's gone. All that was left in there is one single shoe. I looked on and saw the water trail. He slipped. If you're gonna ask how, the rooftop doesn't have rails back then. I don't even know if it's exactly an accident or he intentionally did it. Do you know how hard that is? Everyone thinks you killed him. Everyone"

 "But you didn't"

 "Everyone thinks I did. Even my parents"

  "That's why they made the donation"

 "Exactly"

 "Umm Luke?"

 "What?"

 "Michael is Haley's boyfriend"

 "Really?"

 "Yeah. I couldn't believe it myself. Everything is a part of her revenge plan towards you"

 "What?"

  "That's why I'm glad we stopped her"

  "She's gonna pin you on me?"

 "Yes"

 "That bitch"

 "Luke, thank you for saving me"

  "I'm sorry you had to go through this"

 "It's okay. I'm alive right? She didn't win, we did" Tris replied and then smiled at Luke.

---

 Connor and Victoria exchanged looks before they entered Nick's home. The young lad sat on the couch beside his friend as Nick Robinson headed to his room to wear some clothes. "He looks like he's a high school drop out" Victoria whispered to Connor.