(10) "Damage Control"

Song for this chapter:

 "This is Gospel" - Panic! at the Disco

 "Only love can hurt like this" - Paloma Faith

--

  Brad felt the whole world stop just as Brett asked the question. The curly haired lad looked at the brunette boy standing a few feet in front of him, hoping to dear God that he can redeem himself after what he just said.

 A few minutes of silence ensued before Brett broke it with his laughter. "I am kidding guys, why are you so serious?" he asked. Connor and Danny exchanged looks and decided that it's also time to get rid of Brett.

 "Dude you should go" Danny uttered, and for the first time in a long time .. he's here to defend Brad. "What?" Brett asked just as their muscular stood right in front of him.  "Fine .. if I ever found him , don't ever expect I'll tell you where he is" he then added and started walking away. Brad then looked on and saw James still talking to Tricia inside his car, he genuinely hopes that he could drive her away already. He will never feel comfortable with her around.

 Connor looked at him,  giving Brad the "I-know-what-he's-talking-about" look. Brad knew he has to talk to him and Victoria, he should come clean to them and not ignore the fact that they know what's happening between him and Tristan.

 "Can we talk?" Danny asked Brad and started walking towards the back of Connor's house. He looked at Victoria and she told him to go , and so he did. Brad turned around and saw Connor, Victoria, Caleb and Hazel talking to each other.

 The two then went to the garden at the back where Danny asked Brad what really is going on with Tristan.

 "He had this condition when we were young, the school shooting .. I think it triggered it. He told me he's seeing things .. I don't know what else"

 "I know that, Brad. What am I trying to say is what happened  between you and him?"

  "He found out that Alexis is pregnant, now I think he's mad at me for keeping at a secret"

  "Is it your baby?"

  "I think so."

 "Now I know why he's mad"

 "What do you mean?"

 "You know Brad , you don't have to tell me but I can clearly see what's going on between the two of you. I won't meddle, it's none of my business"

 "You don't know what you're talking about" Brad replied and started walking away from his older friend.

 "I may not know what's the exact score between the two of you. But just a little suggestion, better tell everyone every single thing they should know" Danny replied.

 Brad just shrugged off his comment and went back to his friends.

---

 Tris entered the very last room right at end of the hallway, there he saw a group of people gathered around a circle.

 "Umm . what support group is this?" he asked the nurse.

 "For trauma" he replied and then looked at the support group leader. Tris took a deep breath and went inside. The nurse then guided Tris towards his seat. As soon as he sat down, the blonde haired lad looked around and saw the young teens going through the same thing as him.

 "Alright guys , why don't we start by introducing ourselves. I'm Rick and I'm a car crash survivor" Now you" the guy said and then pointed at Tristan. The blonde haired lad stood up and looked at everyone else before opening his mouth.

 "I'm Tristan Oliver Vance Evans, I just turned 18. I'm a survivor of a school shooting" Tris uttered and then sat down right away. He noticed a few shot looks at him, another one is giving him the death stare.

 "This is just for an hour Tristan. Calm down" Tris thought to himself. The young lad then spent the next hour listening to everyone's stories, getting insights and hopefully techniques on how to block the bad visions.

 After an hour of sitting, the session is finally over. Tris got up and went to his next activity, which is a one on one session with his therapist. As the blonde haired lad is making his way, he noticed something different. He can see his actual self walking around.

 "Shit" that's all Tris uttered and started running towards the other 'Tristan' that is in the place.

  "Someone stop him!" he started yelling but to his surprise, no one's even bothering to stop his other self.

 Tristan kept on running, a few minutes after he found himself standing at the very last hallway of the ward's left wing. The figure at the end of the hallways then went inside the room at the corner. The blonde haired lad ran as fast as he could. But the thing is, as soon as he got there .... the door is locked.

 "Open up!" Tris yelled as he started banging against the door. Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulders. He turned around and saw Dr. Clifford. The blonde haired lad almost screamed.

 "Is everything alright?" Dr. Clifford asked. Tris then turned around and started twisting the door knob, he also looked around and realized that each room is locked. So it means he might have just seen a ghost or he's hallucinating again.

 "I saw myself" Tris uttered, panting.  But before the blonde haired lad could say another word, Dr. Clifford has injected him  a serum.

 "What's that?" Tris asked.

 "You need to sleep and take some rest" the young doctor replied just before Tristan closed his eyes.

---

Later that night, the curly haired lad was called y James. "What is it?" Brad asked. "Be thankful at me first" his friend replied.

 Brad got out of bed and started walking downstairs where his keys are placed, he has an idea of what it could be.

"Thank you .. now what is it James?"

 "I think I know where Tristan is"

 "Really? How?"

 "I have connections .. also known as 'one-of-the-girls-I-used-to-go-out-with-now-works-as-a-nurse-in- that-some-hospital' connection"

 "Are you sure he's there?"

 "Yes. She saw Tristan a couple of times before .. she couldn't be mistaken"

 "Alright .. I'm going to your place right now" Brad replied and then ran out of the house.

--

that's it for this chapter guys :) what do you think? please vote and comment :D

 This is not the last time you'll see Brett and Tricia ... Alexis will also come back..

 What happened to Tristan? and can James really help Brad see Tris? stay tuned ;) x