(15) "Clean"

Brad sat nervously as he watched Tristan's Mum clear her throat. There is something about her and the mood inside the living room that makes his heart beat fast. It's like that feeling he got when his first girlfriend introduced him to her parents, but this one is much worse. Far worse if he's being honest.

 He's shaking and he can't stop it. The curly haired lad tried his best to stay and look calm but Mrs. Evans has now seen that he's uncomfortable .

 "Are you alright?" she asked.

 "Yes"

 "You seem very uncomfortable Brad. Are you sure you're okay?"

 "I am. Mrs. Evans" he replied and so she smiled.

  "Can I know what do you want to talk about?" Brad asked, more than eager to leave the place. "Alright .. I know about you and Tris" she began.

 "You-You know about us?" Brad asked, he's having a hard time finding the right words to say. If she knows what's going on between them then it means they're done. They're asses are both dead.

 "Yes"

 "I - I can explain Aunt Amelia"

 "Stop. There's no need to"

 Brad just sat there quiet and defeated. The curly haired lad closed his eyes and waited for the words "You can never see him again" to come out of her mouth ... but it didn't. Instead Mrs.Evans told him that she found out that Brad visited Tris in the hospital.  Although it's not good news at all, he'll take it any day over what he first thought she'll say.

 "Oh God I'm so sorry" Brad uttered while trying to hide the feeling of relief he felt after she told him that.

 "Why are you so stubborn? Your parents won't be proud of you" she replied. Brad suddenly remembered the fight between his Mum and Dad.

 "I'm so sorry" Mrs. Evans uttered after noticing that she had said something sensitive.

 "No. that's alright" Brad tried his best to smile but this time he just can't.

 "I'm so sorry Bradley"

 "No. I'm fine .. seriously"

 "Umm alright. I also want to ask a favor from you"

 "What is it?"

 "We're planning to move somewhere else after Tristan's release. I don't want you to tell anyone else"

 "What?" Brad asked just as his heart dropped.

---

 "How?" the blonde haired lad asked Brett as soon as he closed the door. "Is that how you a greet a friend?" Brett asked.

 "Sorry .. but seriously Dude, how the hell did you find me? Did Brad tell you?"

 "Tris, does that really matter"

 "Yes!"

 "Fine. I followed your parents" Brett replied and then sighed.

 "Why?" the blonde haired lad asked, confused and shocked. 

  "I don't know .. maybe I missed seeing you. The last time I saw you was after the school shooting ... and then you've been gone for almost a month"

 Tris felt bad, he completely forgot about Brett. He is still his friend and yet he forgot to ask how he is. The blonde haired lad then proceeded to apologize to Brett. And he accepted it.