(50) "Heal Our Hearts"

The whole group needed a good couple of days in order for them to mourn over Alexis and her baby.  Tris, Brad, Hazel, Victoria, Connor, Caleb and James have spend the past week trying to move on from what happened. Hazel has been helping James a lot as the whole group is starting to suspect that Alexis's suicide had triggered something in him. Connor and Victoria on the other hand are busy helping Nick cope with the death of his child. This is explicitly hard for the tatted young guy as he already mentioned before how receiving the news that he will be a father had changed his point of view towards life. Tris is more than sure that is heart is shattered right now.

As for him, he and Caleb are doing their best to make Brad feel that it is not his fault. The curly haired lad has been trying his best to move past it, but whenever he feels like he's almost there ... something or someone reminds him that it all started with him. That she killed herself because he rejected her . Brad never wanted that to happen, nor did Tris.

 "Babe do you want coffee?" he asked Brad.

 "Yes please"

 "My parent's won't be back until tomorrow morning. You can spend the night in here"

  "I have already caused you a lot of trouble"

 "No Brad you didn't"

 "Tris ..."

 "Come on Dude, you have to stop blaming yourself for this"

 "Brett is right man. This is my fault"

 "No it's not. Look at me Brad ... if it's your fault, she wouldn't have done it. I know Alexis as much as you do ... she will not fall just like that ... whatever happened to her is out of our control... something bigger happened Brad ... it's not your fault ... trust me"

 "I wish you're right"

 "Of course I am" Tris answered before hugging him tightly.

---

"Victoria you gotta help me"

 "Look Con, I'd love to but Nick doesn't wanna see us right now. We need to give him the space he needs"

 "What if he gets depressed?"

 "Nick will not kill himself Con, that I'm sure of"

 "So you're not coming with me?"

 "Sorry but I'm not"

 "Okay then" the young lad replied before getting on to his car and driving away. It took Connor about twenty minutes before he reached Nick's house. As soon as he got there, he went out of the car and almost literally ran towards the doorway.

 Connor took a deep breath before he started knocking on the door. After a few minutes, it opened right away.

 But instead of seeing Nick, someone different came into Connor's view.

 "Brett?"

 "What are you doing here Connor?"

---

James have spent the past few days trying his best to get away from all things that could make him hurt himself. Alexis's death triggered all the bad things in him, and now he doesn't know if he can keep them inside again.

 The lad is trying to hold on to Hazel just so he can remain himself but whenever she leaves, his mind drifts off once again to somewhere dark.

 "James?"

 "Mum what?" he asked as he hid a box of things under his bed.

 "Hazel is here!"

 "Okay. Let her in" he replied and quickly scrambled to get a band aid.

 James then opened the pack and placed it on his arm.

  After about two minutes, the door opened and Hazel went inside his room. The young girl quickly noticed the wound he just covered.

 "What did you do?!" she asked as she grabbed his arm and checked the area.

 "I accidentally burned myself while cooking"

 "What?"

 "It's nothing"

 "Are you sure?"

 "Yes. Hazel .. don't worry" James lied. He got the wound this morning when his mind suddenly slipped and he gave in to the urge.

 "James promise me you will not hurt yourself"

  "Haze ...."

 "James please promise me"

 "Fine ... I promise"

 "Wait ..."

 "What?"

 "What is this? Why do you have a blade? James tell me ... what's going on?"

 "I ....I"

---

Brad has been trying his best to convince himself that Alexis's death is not his fault, but the more he tries to ... the more guilt he feels. The curly haired lad asked for his family's permission if he could stay with Tris for a few days as it will distract him from all the voices inside his head. And he is more than thankful that they let him to.

 "Babe?" Tris asked.

 "What?"

 "Do you wanna bake?"

 "Bake or get baked?"

 "Bake a cake"

 "Why?"

 "So we can do something"

 "Can't I just watch you bake some cake?"

 "Dude you gotta get out of your head"

  "How?"

  Tris let out a sigh before he walked towards him and kissed his forehead. "I don't know how to exactly help you but just know that I'll be here every step of the way." he promised his boyfriend.

Brad smiled but it disappeared right away. The impact of her death did broke him into pieces,and now he thinks even Tris can't fix him ... and that only he can fix himself. 

"Tell me Tris ... when will all the madness end?"

 "When we get out of this town Brad ... that's when all of this will end"

"I can't wait to get out of this town"

 Suddenly, the doorbell started ringing, Tris then got up from the chair to tend to it. As soon as he opened the door, Brad and Tris saw Luke on the other side.

"Hey guys"

 "Luke ..." Brad uttered, wishing he had never seen his face.

--

that's it for this part guys :) will they have a happy ending? 5 more chapter to find out ;)