(14) "I Know Places"

Brad then spent the next few days trying to cope with everything that's happening right now. He almost lost Tris, his father walked out on them and their family's financial state right now is in jeopardy.

He's always trying to be strong but he can't help to break down at some points. The curly haired lad has to worry about his family , his friends and the person he's seeing right now. All the stress and frustration from those things can surely break an already fragile 17 yr old like him.

"Brad?" he opened his eyes and saw Brendon looking down on him.

"What do you want kid?" he asked as he rolled over towards him.

"Can I sleep beside you?"

Brad then looked at the clock and saw that it's only 3:00 am. "Ugh fine" he replied and so his little brother happily climbed up the bed and hugged Brad right away. "Can't you sleep on your bed?" he asked his brother.

"I can't" Brendon replied and then buried his face on Brad's chest. The curly haired lad just closed his eyes and tried his best to sleep again. Brendon is more independent than kids his own age, he may have a strong front but Brad can see through it. He's bothered and it makes Brad even more feel bad since he knows he can't do a thing about it.

If only Tristan's here, he could tell Brendon the right words to make him feel better. If only Tris is here, he could make the situation seem a little lighter. If only he is more like him then he can help not only Brendon but also himself.

"Tell me a story"

"What story?" Brad asked.

"Any story"

Brad then proceeded to tell Brendon a short story that Tristan wrote back when they were in primary school. A story about how friends can conquer everything as long as they're united and well. Before he even noticed it, his little brother fell asleep. Brad smiled and then closed his eyes and shut the whole world out.

--

"What do you see in your hallucinations?"

Tristan took a deep breath and then looked at his therapist, he can see something moving behind him but he knows he can't tell, for as soon as he does, it will only mean more time to stay in here. And he just can't afford that.

"Nothing" he replied vaguely.

"You know I can't help you if you're lying"

"I'm not lying"

"Your eyes tell the different"

"Shit" Tristan thought to himself. Deep inside he knows he's getting worse and there's not stopping it this time.

"Now let's start again .. what do you see Tristan?"

"Ben ...mostly"

"Ben? Is it Ben Ringer?" the therapist asked and so Tris nodded.

"What is he doing?"

"He's staring at me" Tris answered just as tears started mounting on his eyes.

"That's all he's doing?"

The blonde haired lad's mind shifted back to the time he's in that classroom, how Bren's group pointed guns at them .. how they killed a lot of people.

"Y-Yes"

"What else do you see?"

"People , they are hurting so much"