(47) "Convince Me"

The next morning, Brad left early as they still have classes to go to. Luke on the other hand also left and promised he'll be back tomorrow. Tris talked to him and apologized if the gorgeous faced lad ever felt that he was led on by him. Luke assured him that they're still good and almost nothing had changed.

 The blonde haired lad was able to let out a sigh of relief as soon as the two of the most important lads in his life left his house.

 "Where are they?" Mrs. Evans asked as she emerged from the kitchen carrying a plate full of sandwiches.

 "We have school today remember?"

 "How about Luke?"

 "He left ... he'll be back some other day though"

 "I like that kid"

 "What?"

 "He seems so kind and vulnerable and innocent"

 "Yeah"

 After a few more minutes of chatting with her mum, Tris got up and ran to his room to prepare for school.

---

Connor went to school feeling good about his conversation with Nick. He's pretty sure Victoria will be happy once she finds out that he's doing fine and just need more time alone to let the fact that he's now a father fully sink in.

As soon as he entered the main building, he quickly saw his friends talking to each other at the lobby. "Hey guys" he greeted but they all looked at him with serious faces.

 " What's wrong?" he asked James.

 "It's Alexis ..."

 "What happened to her?"

 "There's a news around campus that she killed herself last night"

  "What?" Connor asked and immediately looked at Brad and saw how worried he is.

 "I tried calling their house but no one's answering" he uttered.

 "Where did the news broke out?"

 "Apparently, someone saw her body being carried out of their house" Hazel answered.

 Connor's heart dropped, he remembered how excited Nick was last night when he told him that being a father makes him feel like a new person. If this news is true, it will absolutely break his heart.

 A few minutes after, Victoria and Tris came ... looking at them at a very confused way. "What's going on?" Victoria asked right away.

 Connor quickly held her hand and whispered the rumor spreading around. He then saw Victoria cover her mouth with her hand just so she won't scream or react in a very loud manner.

 "Oh my God" that's all she can say. Tris on the other hand is quite doubtful that the rumor is true. "She will not kill herself ... she's pregnant ... that's like killing yourself and murdering your own baby" he uttered.

 "There's a chance that she really did kill herself Tristan. If you're in a dark place ... you won't be able to think properly" Hazel answered.

 "I know that"

 "Hazel replied before walking away from them, leaving everyone in the group stunned. That's when Connor remembered something.

 "Oh Crap"

 "What is it Con?" Victoria asked.

 "Hazel and Alexis were really good friends before remember?"

 "Oh shit yes they were" James added and then run to follow her girlfriend.

---

Later that day, Brad along with Tris and the rest of the gang went to Alexis's house to find out if all the rumors are true. But much to their surprise, not a single soul is present in the house.

 "It's empty" Victoria uttered after taking a peak.

 The curly haired lad looked at Tris and so how worried he is. Brad is too, he and Alexis shared a lot of special things that's why he will be very sad if she really killed herself. The group of friends waited for about an hour before they left the place.

 Tris thought of contacting Tricia or Brett but everyone protested since they don't want to see any of the two. As soon as they parted ways with their friends, the blonde haired lad confided to Brad on what they should do next.

 "I think we should just wait"

 "Wait?" Tris asked.

 "Yes there's nothing we can do now"

 "Are you sure?"

 "Please Tris ..."

 "Fine" Tristan replied before hugging Brad as tight as he could.

--

A worried Connor drove all the way to Nick's house and immediately saw him sitting on the porch. As soon as the young lad got out of the car, he stood up and approached him. And without even saying a word, Nick hugged Connor as tight as he could.

 "Is it true?" he asked.

 "Yes" Nick replied while sobbing.

 "I'm so sorry"

 "She's gone ... I can't believe she's gone"

---

Tris and Brad found themselves inside the curly haired lad's car making out. What happened to Alexis made them realize how short life is. And how to never waste a single moment with someone you love.

 "Everything will be alright" he whispered to Brad as he started nibbling on his ears.

 "I know ... I love you"

 "I love you more" Tris whispered as he started tugging on the hemline of Brad's shirt, opting to lift it to his head. Much to his surprise, Brad stopped him from doing so.

 "Why?"

 "Do you love me Tris?"

 "Yeah"

 "Then why did you kiss Luke?"

--

that's it for this part guys thanks for reading :D