(51) "Make It Okay"

"Luke what are you doing here?" Tris asked.

 "I wanted to visit you guys ... I heard what happened"

 "You heard what happened? How?" Brad asked as Tris saw him walk towards them. "You know Brad when teenagers die , it's not like the news is contained in just one town. It's all over Blake too, I guess any kind of news that comes out of Wright becomes massive" Luke answered.

 "It's all because of the event that put us on the map. The school shooting" Tris added.

"Okay then ... no need to finish each others' sentences" Brad replied as he walked away from them. Meanwhile, Tris let Luke in and asked if he wants a drink.

 "'Yes please, fruit juice will do"

 "Okay"

 Tris then walked towards the kitchen, only to be pulled to the side by Brad as soon as he got there. "What is he really doing here?" Brad whispered into his ear.

 "Luke already said why he's here Bradley ... wait, do you think I contacted him?"

 "What? No!"

 "Oh my God Bradley ... Luke is just a friend ... fuck, why can't you trust me?"

"I trust you .. I just don't trust him"

 "No Brad ...you don't trust either of us"

 "Tris ..."

 "Brad ... I don't want to fight with you"

 "Then don't"

 "Bradley ... please ... I am all yours I promise" Tris answered as he moved away from Brad. There is no way in this world he will continue fighting with him, not with everything else still going on.  The curly haired lad is trying his best to talk to him but Tris decided to ignore him instead.

 "Come on Tris ... Tris ... babe ... Tristan"

 The blonde haired lad didn't answer, he just walked out of the kitchen carrying a tray of fruit juice ... leaving Brad in the kitchen.

 ---

"James tell me, what are these blades for?"

 "Haze"

 "No James, don't touch me ...  are you harming yourself again?"

 "I ..."

 "Answer me"

 "I'm sorry" James answered as he got down to his knees. "Oh my God" Hazel said as she also went down and hugged him as tight as she could. he cried in his arms while apologizing over and over again. Last night was one of the hardest night of his life .... the demons won and he ended up with wounds on his arms.

 "What's going on in here?" James looked on and saw his Mum standing by the door. He then looked at Hazel, hoping that she will not tell her what just happened.

  "Nothing ... we're just having a moment" Hazel answered.

 "Oh God sorry I interrupted" Mrs. McVey answered before leaving them.

 "Thank you" James told her as soon as they were left alone.

 "But James ... promise me ... you will stop doing this. If I should live here in order for you to stop then I will. James .. promise me, you won't hurt yourself again"

 "Yes"

---

 Brad stood by the kitchen and watched Luke and Tris talk to each other. He can't help but feel jealous at them. It's not that he hates Luke ... it's just that he prefers not having him around.