(28) "Comeback Kid"

Tris took a deep breath before knocking at James's door. He can't believe all of this happened when he's gone. Tris and his friends along with James's own family are only trying their best to shield him from remembering the pain he felt before, but now that the past is back and is already there haunting him ... they must do everything to help him cope with it. 

 The door slowly opened and Tris saw James. The blonde haired lad then turned to Brad and nodded. 

 "Tris?" James asked and quickly hugged him. He was hugged by James so tight that he's pretty sure the other lad felt his bones and ribs.

 "When did you get back?"

 "Yesterday" Tris replied and then smiled at him.  James smiled back and let them inside his house. "Where are your parents?" Brad asked.

 "They're out man. What are you doing here?" James asked the curly haired lad. That's when it dawned on Tris, James is mad at him. Probably he's mad at everyone but much more to Brad since he knew him the longest.

 "James .. please, I'm here to help"

 "Alright .. why we don't sit first?" Tris suggested and so they did. The blonde haired lad looked at Brad and saw the young guy let out a sigh. "Fine .. I'll be right outside" Curly uttered as he stood up and left the house.

---

"Did he call you yet?" Connor asked Victoria, pertaining to Nick.

 "Nope. why are you asking me about him every now and then?. Connor tell me, have you also gone gay?"

 "What? No!" Connor replied as he felt himself start to blush.

 "Then tell me why"

 "Shit" Connor thought to himself. How is he gonna explain to Victoria that he has feelings for her?. "Nothing" that's all he replied and saw Victoria let out a sigh.

 "But I wish nick would call though or even just a text"

 "Why .. you do like him don't you?"

 "So what if I do Connor? You're not paying any attention to me anyway" she replied in a whispering manner.

 "What?" Connor asked as his heart skipped a beat.

 "Nothing" the young girl replied and then stood up from the bench. "This is a nice day .. we should race" she uttered and then looked at Connor.

 "Race?"

 "Yeah. See that sycamore tree?"

 "Yeah why?"

 "We should race there"

 "What does the winner get?"

 "Bragging rights"

 "Eww. Are you 10?" Connor asked but then stood up as well.

 "I'd like to join" the two then looked on and saw Nick smiling at them.

 "Nick!" Victoria exclaimed and then smiled at him.

 "Ugh he's here again"  the young lad thought to himself as he almost rolled his eyes. Connor just sighed and then started running towards the Sycamore Tree.

 "Cheater!" he heard Victoria yell. And when he turned around, he saw her and Nick running after him.

---

 "How are you?" James asked Tris as soon as they were left alone by Brad. "I'm good. Not entirely free from the trauma of the school shooting but I'm good. Wait ... how are you James? I heard what happened" he then asked the young lad. James just sighed and kept his head down. 

 "Umm ... Tris .. do you know about Erica?"

 "Yes I do"

 "Then why? Why would all of you keep her memory away from me?"

 "It's because we thought it's for the best"

 "The best? Tristan ... I know what's the best for me" James replied and then stood up from the couch.

 "I know that but you should have seen yourself back then. Did you even know they called the suicide hotline?"

 "Does that even matter Tris? It's in the past .. I just don't get why people would keep that massive secret from me. If she really was a huge part of my life then to me it just seems right that I'll always remember her for something ... good or bad"

 "I'm sorry for that James... but we just don't want you to remember what almost killed you"

 "You said it yourself Tristan .. almost killed me .. 'almost' which means I survived .. which means I can still handle her again"

 Knowing that they are only going back and forth the same topic, Tris stood up and approached James. "We thought it was the best for you alright? ... but obviously we're wrong. Now if you wanna know everything you need to know I'm here to help you ... and in return, I want you to forgive everyone. Okay?" he told the hurting lad.

 "Fine .. I will , but you're gonna help me figure everything out"

 "I will .. I promise .. Now if it isn't much trouble to you, I'd like to take Brad in here"

 "Alright" James replied and then smiled at Tris.

---

  The curly haired lad was busy reading a not by his car when he noticed someone he never wants to see ever again, Alexis. His allegedly Baby Mama just came to his view along with another girl he wished would stop existing.. at least in their town ... Tricia.

 "Shit" Brad uttered and quickly got on to his car, but it's too late. They've already seen him.

  "Hey Bradly .. what are you doing here?" Tricia asked as she bent over his window. "None of your business. hey .. I didn't know bitches roll the streets together these days" he replied and smiled at them.

 "Bradley ..." Alexis uttered.

 "What?  Alexis I admit actually  ... I really thought I could accept you and the baby. That I will have a family of my own ... bu what you did to me that day .. you almost ruined the most precious friendship I had in my entire life ... then it became clear to me, you only want to take care of yourself. " Brad said as he got out of his car.

 "You might wanna dial it down Bradley , surely don't wanna draw any attention from the neighbors right?"

 "What do you even want Tricia?"

 Suddenly, the door to James's house opened and Tristan came to his view. Brad signaled him to go back inside but he was too late, Alexis had already seen him.

 "Tristan!" Tricia then yelled in excitement as she literally ran towards him and gave the blonde haired lad a tight hug. Tris in return did something that not even Brad expected he would do, he shoved Tricia to the floor and told her never to touch him again.

 "Tristan .. I'm sorry" Tricia answered , tearing up.

"Too late" Tris replied and then looked at Brad.

--

that's it for this part guys !!.

what do you think? please vote and comment :D

 The Tradley coming-out moment will happen a few chapters from now so stay tuned ;)