(48) "Explain Yourself"

"Tris tell me , why did you kiss Luke?"

 "What are you talking about Brad? that's bullocks"

 "It's not. I saw the both of you"

 "But you were asleep?"

 "I wasn't , I was faking it ... I followed you downstairs then quickly ran up after the two of you kissed. That broke my heart ... please tell me you don't have feelings for him"

 "I don't ... I don't love him. Brad, you're the only want I want"

 "Thank You"

 "I love you Brad"

 "I love you too"

 The curly haired lad doesn't know if he should still believe him. What Tristan did is basically cheating ... and as much as it hurt Brad ... he knows he couldn't let him go ... at least not after the news of Alexis's suicide broke out.

 "Tris?"

 "What?"

 "What if it's my fault?"

 "Your fault?"

 "Yes, what if Alexis killed herself and the baby because of me?"

 "Brad you just did your best to find out about the truth. Whatever it is that went on during her last days, only she and her family will know. Alexis was a strong person ... I'm pretty sure that your rejection is something that she can survive. Maybe something else happened ... don't put the blame on yourself" Tris answered before hugging him as tight as he could.

 "Faggots!"

 Shocked, the two lads looked outside and saw a homeless man glaring at them. Brad was about to get out of the car and punch the hobo but Tris stopped him from doing so.

 "What?" he asked Tris.

 "He's not worth it. Let's go" the blonde haired lad answered. Brad just let out a sigh before driving away from the homophobic man.

--

Connor and Victoria raised towards Nick's house where they immediately saw his entire family trying to console him.

 "Should we go inside?" Victoria asked.

 The young lad looked around and noticed a familiar face, it's Braett. "What the fuck is he doing here?" he asked before getting out of the car.

 "Hey Brett!" he called out as he approached him. 

 "What?"

 "You heard the news?"

 "Yes ... that's why I'm here to mourn , what do you want? I'm sure Brad is happy now"

 "He's not ... tell me what happened .... and why are you here? If you're mourning you are supposed to be at Alexis's house"

 "Nick is my first cousin"

---

Hazel hugged James as soon as they got back to her house. "Promise me you will tell me all of your problems ... don't keep it inside your head alright?" she asked with a concerned tone.

 "I promise"

 "I feel so sorry for Alexis .... why would she kill herself? The baby died too"

 "Not everything has to make sense love. Maybe she had enough"

 "But she's young James, she has her life ahead of her to fix the mistakes that she did."

 "Not everything has to make sense" James whispered. Hazel in return hugged her as tight as she could. The young guy felt his shirt going wet and so he told her to just cry it out and he will never leave her side.

"Are you okay now?" he asked after what it seemed like 15 minutes of breaking down.

 "I will miss her"

 "I know"

---

"He's your cousin?"  Connor asked.

 "Yes. Connor I'm not in the mood today so I'll definitely appreciate it if you leave me alone"

 The young lad agreed and slowly walked away.

 "What happened?" Victoria asked as soon as she returned to the car. "Brett ..." he whispered before looking back at him.

 "He still doesn't know what happened but ..."

 "But what?"

 "I found out something"

 "What is it?"

 "Nick and him are cousins"

 "What?"

--

Tris and Brad then drove towards the curly haired lad's house. As soon as they pulled up, Tristan's phone started ringing.

 "Hello James?"

 "Where are you guys?"

 "Brad's house"

 "It's confirmed. Alexis is dead ... along with her baby"

 Tristan's heart dropped, right about the same time his phone did. He looked at Brad and immediately hugged him. 

 "What happened?" Curly asked.

 "She's gone Brad ... Alexis is gone"

  "Oh my God"

 After spending about twenty minutes inside the car, the lads got up and walked towards the house. As soon as they got inside, Tris immediately saw Bradley's Mum staring at them in a very concerned manner.

 "Son have you heard the news?" she asked.

 Brad just nodded and so she quickly ran and hugged him. Tris just stood there watching them. Suddenly, they heard knocks on the door.  The blonde haired lad opened it and saw a police officer.

 "Hello deputy what can I do for you?" Mrs. Simpson asked.

 "Is Bradley here?"

 "I'm here" Brad answered.

 "Son we're gonna have to ask you towards the police station"

 "For what?" Tris asked as his heart started pounding.

 "We saw an angle that looks like a foul play. We're just gonna ask a few questions"

 "So you think I killed her?"

 "No son ... but whatever your answer is ... I hope that will lead us to the truth"

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ last 7 chapters. and Happy New Year!!