(49) "Turn Our Eyes Away"

Twenty four hours have passed since Brad was invited down to the police station for some questioning. In there, Brad found out everything that happened to Alexis. The police officers disclosed to him a suicide letter that was written by her. Since the officers found out that Brad may have played a big part in her decision to end her life, they asked him to come just to hear his side of the story.

 "This is her letter. You are addressed in it ... the family doesn't want you to see but please don't tell them we let you to" the kind deputy uttered before he handed him the piece of paper.

 As he is reading her final messages for everyone, tears started falling down from his eyes. Alexis had a miscarriage 48 hours before her suicide. The depression she got , along with pressure from and hatred from everyone else prompted her to kill herself. Brad thinks she's scared ... scared that her family might disown her after the death of her baby. It still doesn't make sense to Brad ... he knew Alexis as a strong person, he bet no one saw this coming. Brad only wants her out of his life, but he doesn't want her or the baby dead.

"Oh my God ..." that's all he can say after he read her letter.

 "When was the last time you saw her?"

 "Two weeks ago"

 "And she's still alright then?"

 "Yes"

"Bradley , you do know that her family is trying to pin this on you right?"

 "What? They can't do that"

 "Yes. That's why we need to rule this out as a suicide and eliminate all possible foul plays. You can now go"

 "That's it? What if they blame it on me?"

 "They can't. Trust me"

---

*a few days later*

 Tris couldn't help but worry about Brad. Ever since that day they invited him down to the police station something has changed in him. He tried to talk to him about it but Brad doesn't want to. Instead, he just tells Tris how much he loves him.

 "Are you going to her burial ceremony?" Connor asked him while they're playing some video games.

 "Yeah of course. She was once our friend ... well before shitty things happened"

 "You're right .... me and Victoria are going. Maybe you can come with us?"

 "I first have to convince Brad to show up"

 "He's probably feeling guilty about everything Tris. I think he wouldn't want to be there"

 "You think so?"

 "I know so"

 "Uh Connor?"

 "What?"

 "How's Nick?"

 "I haven't talked to him yet ... but he's very devastated ... oh wait Tris, I almost forgot"

 "What is it Con?"

 "Brett was there ... he's at Nick's house"

 "What the fuck is he doing at Nick's house?"

 "He and Nick are first cousins"

 "What?"

 "Yes Tris .... Brett and Nick are first cousins which means that jerk lost a relative as well"

 "There's no way we can go to the funeral now"

---

James is feeling depressed lately but he just doesn't wanna tell anyone , he didn't even tell Hazel. The lad looked at himself in the mirror and almost couldn't recognize who he sees.

"Is this who you've become?" he asked himself while feeling all the negative emotions. To make things worst, Alexis killed herself and that alone is a trigger for him.

 "James?" he heard his mother and so he quickly wiped away his tears and faced her.

 "Are you alright?"

 "Yeah"

 "Are you sure? Son if you have a problem you know you can tell me anything and everything right?"

 "Yes"

 "I love you James"

 "I love you too Mum"

 "Hazel is waiting for you downstairs"

 "Okay. i will be there"

 As soon as James was once again left inside his room, he quickly grabbed his razors and threw them at the trash bin to avoid feeling the urge of hurting himself.

 "Get out of your head James ... please" he whispered before going out of the four walled space.

---

Brad spent the entire day trying to decided whether he should go to her burial or not, but after some persuasion by Tris ... he decided to go but stay on the very back so her mother won't see him.

 Tris, Brad, Hazel, Victoria, Caleb, Connor and James arrived at the ceremony just in time. The curly haired lad and Tristan stayed behind while everyone else went towards the front. Brad didn't even realize he's tearing up again, thankfully Tris is there to wipe them away.

 "Everything will be fine" he whispered before holding his hand. Brad looked around to see if anyone can see them.

 "Shit" he uttered before removing his hand right away.

 "What? why?" Tris asked.

 "Look who's here" Brett uttered as he walked towards them.

 "Brett ..."

 "I don't know what kind of confidence do you have Brad ... you're the reason why Alexis got depressed in the first place ... you're the reason why she killed herself"

 "That's not true" Tris uttered.

 "Stop protecting him Tristan .. I bet deep inside you know I'm right"

 "Brett is right" Brad uttered.

 "What?"

 "Tris .. I have to go I'm sorry" the curly haired lad answered as he started running away from the group of people.

--

"I hate you" Tris told Brett before running towards Brad.

 As soon as he caught up to him, he hugged curly very tight. "Let me go Tristan .. please" Brad begged but he didn't listen. Instead, he almost literally shoved Brad inside the car before jumping in to the driver's seat.

 "This is my fault" Brad whispered as he started breaking down.

 "No it's not" Tris answered as he placed his partner's head on his shoulder.

 Tristan's heart broke even more after hearing the painful sobs that his boyfriend made. "Where do you wanna go?" he asked.

 "What?"

 "Brad .. you're right. I think we should get away from here. Now please tell me, where do you wanna go in order for you to forget the guilt?"

 "Anywhere Tris ... take me anywhere but here"

 "Okay. you'll be alright Brad ... everything will go back to normal I promise"

 "I'm sorry but I don't think I can believe you"

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ last 6 chapters