(17) "Nut House"

It's Monday and classes have finally resumed. All the junior and senior students were transferred to a different building as the main one was demolished one week after the shooting incident. Brad and his friends flooded the hallway along with the other returning students.

The curly haired lad looked around and saw a lot of things changed. Yes everyone is trying their best to move on, but it's almost not working. The school administration built a memorial shrine for all the unfortunate victims. Brad thought it's great, but at the same time he worries that it'll be a constant reminder to everyone that something like that happened. He worries that it maybe make their moving on with life be more difficult.

James and Hazel then went to their first class together as he , Victoria and Connor went to theirs. It's the same class but minus a few people. A couple of students switched schools, while there are some who dropped out. To make things worst, their professor is dead.

From a class of 45, they are now down to 31. "Lots of vacant seat" Connor uttered as he looked around. "Yeah. This is sad" Brad replied. The curly haired lad noticed that Victoria and Connor aren't talking to each other and so he asked them what's going on.

They exchanged looks but did not reply on his question.

"I've only been gone for two days and this happened" Brad said and just sighed. A few minutes after, their new professor came in. He's much younger than Mr. Hughes and he instantly made the girls swoon. Brad felt something weird, but he was able to reject it right away.

"Hello everyone. I'm your new professor" he uttered in his deep voice while writing his name on the board.

"My name is Ashton Irwin" he added and smiled at them.

---

Tris and Luke were brought into a studio type room somewhere inside the hospital. "What's going to happen here?" Tris asked Luke just as more patients started coming in. There he saw Haley again. "Haley!" Tris called out but she ignored him.

"You're now friends with her?" Luke asked.

"No. She just ignored me". Tris suddenly remembered Haley's warning. So far, Luke didn't exhibit any alarming characteristics yet, well aside from the fact that he's a walking time bomb. Other than that, there's no life threatening incidents that will make him want to transfer rooms.

"Then just let her be" Luke replied. A couple of moments after, an adult female came in and introduced herself as 'Jenny Miller'. And that she'll teach them dance.

"Dance Lessons? Seriously?!" Luke asked her.

"Yes! Seriously! .. Luke" she replied while eyeing him.

"You know her?" Tris then asked his gorgeous-faced roommate.

"Yeah. She's my cousin"

"Your cousin?"

"I know. Shocking right?"

"Alright guys, I know some of you are probably confused as to why we're having a dance lesson right now here in this Psych Ward. But believe it or not, dancing can help you get well. This can soothe stress, promote better blood flow throughout the body and it essentially brightens one's mood"

"Is she for real?" Tristan then asked Luke.

"She is" the other lad replied and grinned at him. A few moments after, Jenny told them to find a partner. The blonde haired lad looked around and noticed that all the girls have chosen their partners. It's the first time in his life that no one chose him , and that got Tris into thinking that maybe it's starting to become obvious that he swings both ways.