(26) "Into Your Arms" |Mid-Book Finale|

Upon meeting Erica, James initially thought that he'll get back all the memories he lost. But instead, all that came back to him is the pain he felt during those times. James asked Erica to remind him that she's the most important person in his life but instead all she did is to apologize for what happened between them.

 The young guy got fed up and walked out on her. She might have just blown her only chance on making it up to him.

 James then drove to Brad's house, heartbroken as to what just happened. "James? Come in" Brad quickly told him as soon a she opened the door. The young guy went inside and asked Brad if his parents are here.

 "Mum's at her friend's house, Brendon's at school .. why?"

 James took a deep breath and then punched Brad right in the face. "Why would you keep someone from my past away from me?!"

---

The morning after, Tris started packing up his clothes. He looked at his roommate and saw that he's still peacefully sleeping. Tris doesn't even know if he can say goodbye to Luke. He has grown really close to him.

 The blonde haired lad stood up after hearing a knock on the door, he opened it and saw Dr. Clifford standing on the other side. "Can I talk to you?" he asked and so Tris nodded. The two then got out of the room to prevent Luke from waking up and went to the cafeteria.

 "So are you gonna miss this place?"

 "I will. It helped me a lot"

 "Do you still see things?"

 Tris is still not that well, he still see some thing he wishes not to. "No" he lied and then smiled at the young doctor. "That's good. I personally wanna thank you also for helping Luke be happy again"

 "What do you mean?"

 "Luke was depressed since his roommate's accident. He doesn't talk much but you can see it clearly in his eyes"

 "He's a good person"

 "Just got fucked up by society"

 "Exactly. This is a mad world"

 "Are you gonna visit him?"

 "Yeah. Of course" Tris replied. A few minutes after, the blonde haired lad saw his parents arrive at the lobby. He got up and greeted them. "Are you ready to go home son?" his father asked. "Yeah" he replied and went back to his room, only to see Luke finally awake.

 "You're leaving?" he asked.

 "I have to"

 "I'm gonna miss you" Luke answered and then ran towards Tris to give him a quick hug.  "I'm gonna miss you too dude" the blonde haired lad answered and then closed his eyes. After some moment, he saw Luke teared up.

 "Oh. Dude I told you I'll visit you"

 "I know. And I'll get better I promise" Luke replied and then smiled at Tris.

 "Thank you Luke for everything"

 "Thank you too"

 "I'll see you around Luke" that's Tristan's final words to Luke before leaving the room. "Dad? Mom?" he then asked his parents as soon as they reached the hospital lobby.

 "What?"

 "Did you tell them I'm coming home?"

 "No why?"

 "Good. I want it to be a surprise"

---

 "Do you even trust him?" Connor asked Victoria through the phone.