(36) "Alexis"

"Can you send me a picture of it?" Brad asked Connor while they're talking through the phone. The curly haired lad's heart started beating fast,  this moment could be the one he's waiting for.

 "What's going on?" Tris asked as he sat beside Brad.

  "He saw a picture of Nick and Alexis holding hands ... Tris they could have been dating which means there's a chance that he's the father and not me" Curly told Tris happily. Suddenly, his phone started beeping and when Brad looked at it, he saw the pictures that Connor sent.

 "Let's see what her past is" the young lad whispered as he zoomed in on the picture. Connor's indeed telling the truth, Nick and Alexis are holding hands.

"Does this mean they dated?" Tris asked Brad.

"I guess we have to find that one out" the curly haired lad replied to him.

 "Guys are you still there?" Connor asked on the other line.

 "Oh yes sorry ... Thank you man"

 "Glad I helped ... umm Brad?"

 "What?"

  "If I don't come back home by Monday then please call the police"

 "Dude why? you're making it sound like they're gonna kill you"

  "I might die here man"

 "Why?"

"Never mind, I'll try asking Nick about Alexis .. I have to go now .. I think they're back"

 "Please do Connor ... there's no fucking way I'm gonna be a father at 17"

 "I'll try my best"

"Thanks ... bye"

 "Bye"

----

"Holy Shit that didn't just happen" Tris uttered as soon as the call ended.  He's genuinely surprised, he never thought Nick would date someone like Alexis. The blonde haired always saw his old friend as a serious young guy, he never thought that the tatted Nick would consider having a relationship with the overtly sexual young girl.

 "Wow" he thought to himself as he saw Brad's hopeful reaction. But that's also the same time he decided to remind his partner that they're still not sure if he's free from his paternal responsibility or not. For all they know, that picture might be taken about a year or two ago ... if that's the case then Nick is not the father of Alexis's baby ...  and it would mean that there's an even bigger chance that it is actually Brad's.

 "I think we should go to Alexis's house" the curly haired lad suggested.

 "We can't" Tris answered as he fixed his shirt.

"Why?"

"Brad are you thinking clearly? What are we gonna do there? Come right in and ask her about Nick? She's going to flip out"

 "Fair point .. so what do we do?"

 "I think we should first do a research ... find out everything we know before we confront her"

  "And how long will that take?"

 "Maybe a couple of ways"

 "Dude"

 "What?" Tris asked.

 "We can't wait that long"

 "Is there anything else you can suggest Brad?"