(4) "Unpleasant Surprise"

"How are you?" Brett asked Tristan while they're hanging out at the blonde haired lad's house. "Good" Tristan lied and just looked at the television. Last night is probably one of the worst nights of his life as he's not gotten any sleep at all.  His mind wouldn't let him, whenever he closes his eyes he can feel that someone is in the room with him. He feels unsafe.

 Tristan doesn't know if he's just thinking too much or if it's the trauma he got from the shooting incident.

 "I don't think they'll open the school anytime soon. Might as well as cancel the Athletic meet"

 "I think so too. But I am sure of one thing Brett, I ain't never going back to that building"

 "Me too. How are you and Brad?"

 "What about us?" Tris asked and then looked at his friend.

 "Are you two alright?"

 "Of course why won't we be?"

 "I don't know. I just thought that maybe there are things you should talk about ... I'm sure after what happened he wanna tell you a lot of things"

 "Things like what?" Getting more curious as  to what Brad is trying to imply.

 "About the incident?" Brett asked him.

 "Oh .. that" the blonde haired lad answered and just sighed.

 "I guess we'll talk" he added and just sighed.

 "I'm sure you'll work out everything you need to work out" Brett uttered and then started eating pop corns. 

  "I sure hope so" Tris thought to himself.

--

 To escape his parent's wrath, Brad got out from the house and drove to Tristan's place, thankfully Brett isn't there anymore.

 "Hey" Tris greeted him with a smile on his face. Brad came inside the house and asked if he could hang there for a while.

 "Sure .. why what's going on in your place?" Tris asked. Brad knows he couldn't tell the truth just yet and so he decided to make up a quick lie. "They're fighting again" the curly haired lad replied and then noticed Tristan's Mum cooking food at the kitchen.

 "You didn't tell me your mother's here" Brad told Tris, eager to change the subject as fast as possible. "Well this is our house .. where do you expect my mother to be?" Tris asked with nothing but a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

 "Hello Mrs. Evans!" Brad called out and she looked at him. The curly haired lad then stood up and went to the kitchen, leaving his best friend in the living room.

 "How are you Bradley?" Mrs. Evans asked him.

 "I'm fine" he replied and then smiled at her. "So what are you cooking?" he then asked. Bradley spent the next few minutes in the kitchen talking to Tristan's Mum in hopes that when he return to Tris he would have moved on to another topic.

 By the time he did returned he's more than thankful that his best buddy now has new plans in his mind.

 "Wanna go upstairs?" the blonde haired lad asked in a whispering manner.

 "Okay" Brad replied and so the two went up to Tristan's room. The blonde haired lad proceeded to lock the door and asked Brad if he wanna talk about things while cuddling. "Sure" Curly replied as he crawled into bed and laid down with Tris. This time they're keeping all their clothes on.

 "How are you really?" the blonde haired lad asked Brad as he wrapped his arms around him.

 "I guess I'm good"