Photograph 9: The Breakdown

-The Farmhouse-Next Day-Day 23-

"Ne, Kanato, have you seen Subaru?" Y/N questioned the purple haired male as she swung Reiji and Kanato's shared room door open.
"Why Subaru? Don't you like me Y/N?" Kanato pouted as he clutched onto Teddy.
"Of course I like you Kanato." Y/N smiled. "I'm just going to town to pick up some groceries and thought Subaru would be strong enough to help carry the groceries." She sheepishly chuckled as she rubbed the back of her neck.
"Well then I'll help you Y/N. Me and Teddy are strong too." Kanato stated.
"Great! Reiji did you hear that?" Y/N smiled at the fusha orbed male who didn't even look up from his book that Y/N let him borrow from her personal library.
"Yes, you and Kanato will be getting groceries from town." He said simply, then glanced over the edge of the book. "Also, it's quite impolite to come barging into someone's room-" The serious male began, before sighing as he was cut off by the slamming of the front door.

-Outskirts of Vixen-2 hours later-
After loading the bed of the truck with the groceries and tightening a tarp around it so nothing flew away, Y/N and Kanato found themselves half-way from the farm.
That is, till the truck suddenly broke down.
"Y/N, why'd we stop?" Kanato asked, squinting at the swirling smoke that came from the hood.
"Don't worry Kanato, I'll have it fixed in no time, this happens a lot." Y/N assured as she unbuckled. "Can you hand me the tools that're in the compartment?" She then asked the purple haired male.
"What do I look like, a butler?" Kanato growled.
Before Y/N could make a comment, Kanato had grabbed her neck and squeezed on her wind pipe, which caused her to gasp in both surprise and pain.
"K-Kanato!" She cried out, grabbing at the hands around her neck.
"Do it yourself." He sneered, before letting the female go.
Y/N shakily and quickly pulled out the box of tools and got out of the truck, then went to the front of the car.
She opened the hood, coughing softly as smoke escaped the object that kept it contained, and covered her senses with it's fumes.
As she worked on the engine, she couldn't help but to let her mind wander to Kanato.
Why did he do that? What happened to the sweetheart I've known this whole time? Were the two major thoughts that ran through her mind.
"Do you hate me now, Y/N?" The (H/C) female jumped, cussing softly when one of the parts moved farther into the mess of oil, parts, and duct tape.
Y/N sighed and looked at Kanato. "No, Kanato, I don't hate you." She told him.
"Then you're afraid of me?" Kanato smirked widely.
"Of course not. Just worried about ya Kanato." She admitted, surprising the purple haired Vampire.
"That's a lie!" Kanato shouted, gripping even tighter on Teddy.
"Why would I lie about that?" Y/N asked, eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.
"You're a woman, and a human. Both are lying, horrible, caniving (sp?) creatures." He growled out.
Y/N frowned and gently placed her hands on the -slightly- taller male's shoulders. "Do you really believe that Kanato?"
Kanato furrowed his eyebrows together. What the hell does she mean by that?! "Of course I'm sure!" He yelled at Y/N, slapping her hands off of him.
The female felt a mixture of fear and sympathy for the younger Sakamaki, wondering how he could have ended up thinking that.
A ex girlfriend, maybe?
Shockingly, Y/N had enveloped him into a hug, surprising both her and Kanato completely.
"Let go of me!" Kanato squirmed.
"No!" Y/N shook her head rapidly, before hiding her face into the crook of his neck.
Kanato growled, but after his multiple attempts of trying to get out of the human's grip, he gave up completely and settled into the girl's natural heating against his own unnatural cold skin.
He then grabbed her hair, a scowl on his face. Though, before Y/N could ask him what he was doing, or make a noise of pain, Kanato bit her neck, right below the area that Laito had bitten when she first found out that they were Vampires.
Y/N winced and whimpered, gripping onto the worn out cloth of Kanato's shirt. Like before, as the blood was drained from her, Y/N felt like her veins were being filled with fire.
"My my~ We come searching for you and this is what we find~? You really are something Mausu-chan!" Kanato growled lowly and released his hold and fangs on Y/N as he turned to glare at his brothers.
Though when he let go, Y/N collapsed, but instead of falling onto the ground she felt a strong grip on her waist. "Thanks Subaru." Y/N grumbled out to the ruby eyed male, who grunted in response.
Y/N noticed a look of sympathy and concern flash across Kanato's hard and angry expression.
"Let's get home now. We'll get someone to pick up this peace of junk later." Reiji huffed, pushing his glasses up his nose.
Before Y/N could realize or debate, she blacked out when the brothers teleported, and still being held in Subaru's arms, Y/N teleported with them.

-L/N Farm-Y/N's Room-Two Days Later-Day 25-
Y/N groaned softly, trying to sit up, but was suddenly pushed back down. "Baka, don't do that. Teddy says you'll probably hurt yourself." Blinking a few times, Y/N's (E/C) gaze landed on Kanato, who was sitting beside her bed, clutching onto his Teddy bear.
"What happened?" She asked in a hoarse voice.
"You had your blood sucked by hysteric here and have been passed out for two whole days."
Y/N's gaze wandered to where the different brothers stood- Shu sat at the foot of her bed, Reiji stood beside Kanato at her bedside, Laito leaning against her closet doors, Ayato -who was the one to speak- sat at her desk, and Subaru stood in the doorway.
"Two days!? I need to-" Y/N began to get up, before Kanato harshly pushed her back down with a harsh look.
"No need, Miss Y/N. Everything has been taken care of." Reiji told her. "Right, so all you gotta do is rest Mausu-chan." Laito stated with a slight grin, though he still looked as serious as the others.
Y/N sighed, but relaxed just a bit. "Thanks." She yawned. "But when can I get up?" She pouted, causing a few of the brothers to chuckle.

----Extra Ending----
"What happened to my truck!?" Y/N shouted, swinging the front door open to Reiji's and Kanato's room, pointing accusingly at Reiji.
"What have I told you about coming in without knocki-" Reiji began to speak, but sighed as Y/N pulled him out of the house and infront of a truck that was a shiny (F/C) color with no dents, or duct tape to keep it together.
The other brothers came out to see what the commotion was all about, before grinning a bit.
"Where is my truck?!" Y/N asked Reiji, who wasn't sure if she was angry or happy.
"This is your truck, Miss Y/N. Kanato just got some of our father's best mechanics to fix it up." Reiji told her.
"Kanato!" Thus said male winced, thinking that the human girl was angry at him, but was surprised when he was suddenly hugged tightly.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Y/N laughed and kissed his cheek, then pulled back and got into the truck, happily looking at the new leather seats.
Meanwhile, Laito and Ayato snickered at Kanato's pink face that he tried to hide behind Teddy.