Photograph 21: Well that was Scary

Y/N excused herself from the dining room and went out to the garden in the back.
After almost twenty minutes, she suddenly found herself in a whole maze of white roses, and standing within them stood a short white/pink haired boy staring up at a tower.
Y/N stood behind him and glanced at where he was staring.
She was surprised when she saw a beautiful woman with white hair and red eyes, who then walked away from the window as soon as the two made eye contact.
"Subaru-San?" The boy jumped, obviously startled, as he glanced at Y/N with wide red orbs.
Y/N smiled gently at him. "Gomensai, I didn't mean to startle you. I'm the new Nanny and I came here to get you for breakfast."
"Will you bring Okaa-San her breakfast too?" The boy asked, looking shy.
Y/N smiled. "Sure, come with me." Y/N held out her hand, which young Subaru hesitantly held onto, and she led him back into the dining room, where the others were just finishing eating.
"I'll be back in a bit, then we can start your studies Ayato-San." Y/N told Ayato, who looked upset, but didn't say anything.
Y/N then grabbed a plate of food, and without another word, she walked back out to the tower where the pretty white haired woman was.
Slightly exhausted from her climb, Y/N finally opened the door to a room where there were a lot of fancy things.
"What are you doing here?!" Y/N jumped, then smiled sheepishly as she saw the woman who she was looking for. "Subaru-San asked for me to bring you breakfast."
"I do not want it."
Y/N frowned slightly. "I see, well if you want anything please let me know." Y/N smiled.
The woman stared at Y/N as she began to leave. "...You can leave it on the desk over there."
Y/N glanced at the woman, then smiled and nodded.

-Library-
"I think we should take a break."
"R-really? Will it be ok?" Y/N looked surprised at the red head, which she always saw as someone confident and who would stop immediately when it came to breaks during studying, hell, she was even sure he wouldn't even start studying.
They really are different... "Of course I'm sure, we've been studying five hours straight after all, how long do you usually study for?" Y/N questioned, only to recieve a shrug from the younger Ayato.
"Really!? You should play outside with the others though, like a normal kid." Ayato beamed at what Y/N had said.
"Does that mean I can play outside?!" He asked, emerald orbs sparkling.
Y/N nodded, and then watched the 7-year-old run out, smiling happily.
"That's probably not a good idea." Y/N sighed and glanced at Reiji, who had come into the library to study on his own two hours ago.
"Why is that?" Y/N asked, but didn't get an answer.
"Well then, if you want to join us, Reiji-San, you're always welcome." Y/N smiled and patted the 9-year-old's head, then walked towards the garden.
"Dixie-nee!" Y/N smiled softly as she saw the purple haired boy rush up to her, tears running down his cheeks.
"What's the matter Kanato-San?" She asked calmly, bending down to the 7-year-olds height and wiping away his tears.
"Okaa-San took Ayato-nii away while we were playing! I-I think she's gonna drown him." Whimpered Kanato as he clutched onto his Teddy.
Y/N's eyes widened. "Take me to where they are Kanato-San."

___Quick Time Skip___
Y/N got to the lake just to witness a purple haired woman push Ayato into a deep pond.
"What did you do that for?!" Y/N asked, running to the edge of the pond, then looking at the woman who had begun to walk away.
Without warning, Y/N's head jolted to the right and a fiery feeling whelmed on her cheek.
"Don't be blaming me, dear Nanny. You're the one who allowed him to get out of his studies."
"He's just a kid! You shouldn't pressure him so much, no wonder he's scared of you." Y/N's eyes widened when she noticed Ayato hadn't come up yet, and then she jumped into the deep pond.
Seeing the red head unconscious, she immediately pulled him above water and to the bank.
"Come on Oreo-sama, don't give up now." Y/N grumbled, beginning to pump the boy's chest till he began to hack up the water.
Y/N sighed in relief, then smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry Ayato-San, I didn't mean to get you into so much trouble. Why didn't you swim though?" Y/N questioned.
Ayato sheepishly smiled. "I-I don't know how to swim." That really surprised Y/N, as she remembered all those times they swam at the lake when it was too hot outside to do chores.
"Well...we'll just have to fix that. Your next studies will be on swimming." Y/N grinned.

-Dining Room-7 hours later-
It was a bit tense at the table, with all the brothers, Beatrix, and the purple haired woman sitting at the dining table as Y/N quietly served them.
"Dixie, why don't you join us? There's an empty spot right beside Subaru."
Y/N smiled politely at the purple haired woman who grinned at her.
"I would love to, but I really shouldn't, it wouldn't be proper." Y/N simply said.
"Well then, tell us more about yourself."
"What would you like to know?" Y/N questioned, knowing that the woman was trying to do something.
"Where are you from?" The purple haired female asked.
"The new world." Y/N answered, having thought of that question being asked by someone eventually.
"That's an awfully long way, aren't your parents worried?" Y/N chuckled softly.
"Not at all, my parents were excited for me to come here." Y/N told her.
"Why is that?" Grinned the purple haired woman, as if finally finding a flaw.
"They thought coming here would open more doors for my future." Y/N couldn't help but to grin a bit when she saw the woman's eye twitch.
"Any siblings?" She asked.
"I'm a single child, but there are lots of children where I come from and I like to think of them as my little siblings." Y/N answered with a simple shrug.
"So you're like a nurse maid, tell me then, how do you know how to read?"
Y/N thought of a quick answer. "A childhood friend of mine is high up in rank, he made sure that I got information in order to be a great woman." She smoothly lied.
"Your origins are obviously not Japanese, how can you speak it so well?" Y/N's eyes flickered to Reiji, who was watching the two with a blank expression, but like the others, was impressed with Y/N's quick answers and showing no fear to this woman.
Y/N laughed softly and shrugged. "I had a really strict teacher, I think I still have the bruises." Y/N pointed out the light bruises on her knuckles that had begun to heal over the year.
"I see." The woman took a sip of wine, before sitting the cup down, then she stood up. "Please excuse me."
As soon as she left, Beatrix looked at Y/N, obviously impressed. "You're a brave girl, L/N-sama." The blonde said as she stood up and walked to the doorway of the dining room. "But that might get you into trouble real soon." Beatrix added, before also leaving the room.
Y/N let out a large sigh of relief, then glanced at the six brothers. "Was anyone else scared?"
Everyone other than Reiji raised their hands, and Y/N giggled. "Alright, well then, how about desert?"