Photograph 31: The Attack

(A/N: I'm gonna go a bit off of the anime now, though just for this chapter and perhaps the next one, so if you hadn't watched/finished Diabolik Lovers: More Blood, just know that there will be spoilers. Also there might be a few sad things going down, sorrynotsorry.)

-Sakamaki Mansion-The Parlor-Next Day-
Y/N smiled as she spoke with Yui.
It was rare for the two females to speak alone, usually because they were only able to speak when at school, and at least one of the brothers would be around, giving neither one of them any privacy.
"Yui-chan, I've been meaning to ask you, but...How long have you known the Sakamaki brothers and the Mukami brothers?" Y/N suddenly asked.
"Huh? Ano..." Yui's rare smiling expression changed to a more thoughtful one. "I think that it's almost been a full year." The blonde said. "I knew the Sakamaki's first, since I was their sacrificial bride as they called it, though some things are a bit fuzzy after the first month." She admitted. "A while afterwards the Mukami's had taken me, claiming to be some sort of Eve." Y/N noticed how the blonde's eyebrows had scrunched up, obviously confused about the fact.
"Though, almost a week before you arrived, Ayato-kun brought me back here. I wasn't allowed to go back to the school till the day before you arrived, and then everything just seemed to turn...normal."
"Is that so?" Y/N hummed in thought.
"What are you two talking about?" Y/N saw Yui flinch at the cold tone, though she simply turned to come face to face with the purple eyed male.
"Good evening, Kanato." Y/N said with a slight smile.
"W-what's wrong, K-Kanato-kun?" Yui stuttered out.
Kanato eyed Y/N for a few seconds, before changing his gaze towards Yui. "Traitors."
Y/N and Yui both looked startled by the singular word he used.
"Y/N belongs to me, don't you Y/N? Why do you think that those stupid half-bloods will save you!?" He growled. "And you, why did you go with them in the first place!?" His attention was then turned to Yui as he grabbed her shoulders in a harsh manner.
"W-well..." Yui stuttered out.
"You don't honestly believe she left on her own will, do you Kanato?" Y/N interrupted. "Us Humans aren't physically strong like you Vampires, even so, Humans like Yui and I would not do something that could possibly offend or hurt someone on purpose, so if she did want to go she probably would've told you and the others that she was leaving!" She stated.
Kanato's gaze darkened, before he took his hands off of Yui's shoulders and did something neither were expecting.
He slapped Y/N.
"You're my toy and only mine!" Kanato shouted, before now grabbing Y/N and biting into her neck, causing her to cry out as Yui looked startled.
"Don't you like it when you're bitten? That's how it should be." Kanato smirked, before biting just below his first bite. "Though that one half-blood calls you a sadist, but are you really one?"
"S-shut up." Y/N whimpered out, glaring slightly at Kanato. "And let me go."
"Mmm...? But you should stay here with us." Kanato grinned, only to bite into the mark that he had made in America, reopening the wound.
"A-Azusa-kun?" Yui's startled tone had instantly caused Kanato to tense up and pull away from Y/N.
The (H/C) female looked around the purple haired male, eyes widening as she saw Azusa's appearance.
"Eve! Y/N-chan! There's trouble...it's Ruki!" he panted out, sounding in a rush.
"What's wrong? What happened?" Y/N frantically asked, standing up and beginning to walk towards the green haired male, only to be stopped by Kanato grabbing onto her wrist.
"Why are you trying to go to Azusa?" Kanato asked angrily.
"Kanato, I don't have time for this!" Y/N stated, almost sounding as if she was pleading, surprising the purple haired male.
"If you both leave right now...I'll have no choice but to destroy all three of you!" Kanato shouted.
"Please hurry, Eve, Y/N-chan." Azusa called out.
Y/N flinched as Kanato tightened his grip on Y/N's wrist. "Shut up and go home already! Leave right now!" He shouted at Azusa.
"S-stop, Kanato, you're hurting me." Y/N whimpered in pain as she heard her bones cracking under his hold.
"Y/N-chan." Azusa watched in horror as Kanato suddenly had his hand at Y/N's throat, before a determined expression crossed his features.
"I won't let you interfere...I'm sorry, Kanato-kun." Both Kanato and Y/N turned to where Azusa was standing, both of their eyes widening.
"Azusa, don't-!" Y/N began, before watching Azusa toss Teddy into the rising flames in the fireplace.
"No!" Kanato cried out, instantly pushing Y/N back and  running towards the fire place.
Yui instantly caught Y/N before she could fall on the floor, tears in her pinkish red orbs. "I'm sorry Y/N-chan, I'm so sorry." She whimpered, though Y/N wasn't paying attention as she watched Kanato continuously shout for Teddy, who was burning in the fireplace.
Before either female could do anything, Y/N felt a soft grip on her wrist, and she then noticed Azusa look at her firmly.
"Let's go." He said, before pulling both of them out of the room.

-Mukami Household-
"Did you really have to do that, Azusa!?" Y/N shouted as the three walked up the front steps to the place she had learned to call home here in Japan.
"He was...hurting you...Y/N-chan." Azusa simply answered, before pushing the door open.
Y/N was about to say something, before her eyes widened at the scene before her.
The windows were smashed in, furniture was tipped over, and-
"I-Is that blood?" Y/N stuttered, staring at the many blood stains in the living room.
Azusa slowly nodded.
"You said something about Ruki-kun before." Yui spoke up, causing Y/N's eyes to widen as she quickly ran up the staircase.
"S Hotaru-chan!" Kou shouted in surprise as the door to Ruki's bedroom swung open and she rushed in.
At the sound of her name, Y/N instantly rushed over to Kou and Yuma who were standing near Ruki's bed. "Are you two alright? Me and Yui-chan came as quickly as we could." She said, looking over both of them to make sure that there weren't any major damages.
"We're fine." Yuma assured, looking slightly relaxed to see that Y/N was safe and OK. "I'm just glad you weren't here." He added.
Y/N smiled sadly, before glancing at the bed and clutching her hand into a fist.
Ruki was laying with a white bandage on his chest, blood seeping through, and Nigou was curled up close by, as if the kitten knew that the male was injured and he was trying to protect Ruki from anything else that could harm him.
"What happened?" She asked as Yui and Azusa walked into the room. "And where's Nicky?"
"He left just before the attack, he's been searching for you nonstop." Kou explained to Y/N about Nick.
"Ruki protected me. It's my fault, that Ruki is..." Y/N and Yui looked at Azusa, both frowning as they saw his depressed expression.
"It's not your fault Azusa." Kou began. "In that situation, it couldn't be helped."
"After all, it was very sudden." Yuma added.
"But what happened?" Y/N asked.
"A bunch of wolves attacked." Yuma answered. "They just came out of nowhere, jumping through the window."
"But why did wolves attack here?" Yui questioned.
"It's weird right? But we don't know either." Kou sighed.
Y/N frowned and glanced at Ruki.

____Quick Time Skip___
"To tell you the truth, Ruki had been acting really weird lately." Kou said as they stood in the hallway, Y/N and Yui sitting on a bench, with Nigou curled up in Y/N's lap as she pet the cuddly kitten.
"It seems he was in a hurry, all for that plan." Y/N tensed up at Yuma's words.
"You mean-" Yui began.
"The plan... Apple of Adam." Azusa concluded.
Y/N frowned and picked up Nigou, quietly walking away from the group.
As she walked into Ruki's room, her eyes widened in surprise when she saw Ruki sitting up. "Ruki, you should be laying down." Y/N stated, quickly putting Nigou onto the ground and rushing over to the eldest Mukami, gently pushing him back to a lying down position.
"Y/N?" Ruki questioned, almost as if surprised by her show of appearance.
Y/N smiled softly. "Hai, did you miss me much? You should know you can't get rid of me that easily." She said in a joking tone, getting a rag and rinsing it in water from a bowl that was beside his bed, before dabbing it on his forehead.
"Well that's obvious." Ruki mumbled, reluctantly allowing her to baby him.
"The others are worried about you, even Yui-chan." Y/N said, pressing the cool cloth over his pink tinted cheeks.
"The Sakamaki's allowed her to come here as well?" Y/N nervously laughed.
"Well, I wouldn't exactly say they allowed us to come here." She said. "But that's not something we should worry about right now, you're injured."
"I don't need your pity." Ruki stated.
"No, you're right." Y/N sadly smiled as she put the rag back into the bowl of water. "But I'm going to take care of you anyways, that's what friends are for, right?"
Ruki went quiet after the comment, and Y/N sighed softly as she stood up.
"Just sleep for now, I'm gonna go see if I can find Nicky." Before Y/N could walk away, she felt a grip on her wrist.
Turning back to look at the onyx eyed male, she smiled softly. "I'll be back, I promise." She assured, taking his hand off of her wrist, before walking out of the room just as Yui walked in.

(A/N: Look at that, Kanato is not as OOC. >.<)