Photograph 30: Painful Memories

-Sakamaki Mansion-Two Days Later-Tuesday-
Y/N sighed as she sat on the window seat in the guest room that had been set up for her.
It was decently sized, though smaller than Yui's room, with a queen sized bed that had black and white covers and three plain white pillows on it.
The walls almost made Y/N feel as if she was in a dungeon, since they were made out of the same cobblestone that she'd seen in olden time movies.
At least it isn't pink... As always, Y/N tried to think positively of the current situation.
It had been two days since she had been taken, and the Sakamaki's refused to let her go to school, which did surprise her since she thought at least Reiji would insist on her keeping up with her studies. They also kept Yui at the mansion as well to keep watch over Y/N. Or so they said, though Y/N felt as if the reason was so that the Mukami's wouldn't take the defenseless blonde as their payback.
Other than that small change, everything seemed to be the same as when she was with the Mukami's.
She was free to roam around, she was given good meals, and she was able to socialize with the brothers. The only differences were that she wasn't allowed to leave or contact anyone, and the Sakamaki's acted a lot colder towards each other than how the Mukami's treated each other.
"And they're not even real brothers." Y/N muttered her thoughts allowed.
"You aren't thinking about those half-bloods are you?" The sudden voice caused Y/N to jump in surprise and turn around.
"R-Reiji, geez, can't you at least knock?" Y/N questioned, calming down a bit as she saw said male standing in front of the doors.
"I apologize, I thought you'd at least like to know that we are home." Reiji told her, though Y/N wasn't really sure to believe if he was actually sorry. "Plus, if I remember correctly, you never knocked when we lived in your home." He added, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.
"At least I didn't almost give you guys heart attacks." Y/N muttered, remembering all the times she'd burst into the guest rooms that the brothers were in when they were in America. When they were at least normal and kinder.
"What was that?"
"Nothing!" Y/N quickly said, giving the serious male a closed eye smile.
Reiji sighed and was suddenly standing in front of Y/N. "You never answered my question." He whispered into her ear, causing her to shudder.
Y/N frowned and looked up at him, not seeming to be affected by how close his face was to hers.
"I was thinking about the Mukami's, though I was simply comparing how they treat each other compared to how you guys treat each other." She told him.
"I see." Reiji sighed, standing up straight.
"I don't really see how you hate them, though." Y/N then said, her mouth in a thin line as her (E/C) orbs were filled with curiousness. "Both families are more alike then you think."
"And why would you say something like that?" Reiji questioned.
Y/N simply shrugged. "I know things." Was her response.
Reiji raised an eyebrow, allowing his reddish purple orbs to gaze over the female in front of him. "You're very odd." He accidentally spoke his thoughts aloud.
"I'll take that as a compliment." Y/N said with a slight grin, before standing up and beginning to head towards the door to the room, before she felt a grip on her wrist and her back was pressed against a firm chest.
"Where are you going?" Reiji questioned.
"To the rose garden." Y/N replied.
"It's a bit rude to leave a conversation, don't you think?" Reiji smirked, though Y/N couldn't see it since her back was to him.
"I thought the conversation was over with." Y/N tensed, remembering all the broken rulers from when he'd hit her knuckles for not using proper manners.
"Far from." Reiji stated, moving her hair out of the way of her neck, and narrowing his eyes as he saw three pairs of bite marks, two of which were almost healed and almost invisible, while the third was in the process of healing.
"So you've been bitten before?" He coldly questioned.
"By your brothers, yes. One is from Laito and one's from Kanato." Y/N told him, speaking just as coldly, as if annoyed by the memory of being bitten.
Hint: she was.
"There's three bite marks." Reiji commented, glaring at her neck. "Where'd the fourth one come from?"
"You sound like Ayato right now." Y/N flinched as she felt him sniff at the fresher bite mark.
"Hmph, it's one of those half-bloods, huh?" Reiji scowled, ignoring Y/N's comment. "We'll just have to get rid of the evidence."
Y/N cried out in pain as she felt the fire-like feeling fill her veins as Reiji bit over the bite mark that Y/N had received from Ruki awhile ago, and began to drink her blood.
"Reiji, s-stop." Y/N whimpered, trying to get out of the male's grip, but it was no use. He was a lot stronger.
Eventually Reiji had loosened his grip, making it able for the (H/C) to get out of his hold. She clutched her hand over the mark, before looking at Reiji with doe-like eyes as he stared at her, before she rushed out of the bedroom.
"Y-Y/N-chan? Where are you going in such a rush?" Yui asked in surprise as she watched Y/N run down the hallway.
Not receiving an answer, Yui watched Y/N run away with a sorrowful gaze, before peeking into the other female's bedroom, surprised to see Reiji with an upset expression as he wiped a trail of blood from his chin.

___Quick Time Skip___
Y/N panted softly as she arrived deep within the rose garden.
Pulling her hand away from her neck, she frowned as she saw the blood that covered it.
"That bastard, and he scolds me about using manners." she growled, wiping her hand on her jeans, before gazing around where she was and seeming to slightly relax. "It hasn't changed much." She mumbled, looking at all of the white roses as she walked down the familiar pathway.
But it was just a dream, wasn't it? Y/N blinked as she looked up at the lonely tower, as if expecting to see the white haired Vampire female.
"He's a monster, just like the rest of them." "He is not a monster, Christa, he's a six year old boy. Your son!" Y/N involuntarily remembered the dispute that had happened between her and Subaru's mother right before Y/N left.
You just don't get it. We're Vampires, incapable of feeling emotions like you Humans.
But she's wrong, isn't she? Y/N thought as she sat on a bench near the tower.
"Oi! What're you doing here?!" Y/N quickly glanced in the direction of the angry albino as he marched in her direction.
"S-Subaru?" Y/N stuttered out, surprised as the youngest Sakamaki grabbed her wrist and pulled her up, her feet dangling a few inches above the ground.
"Tch. Just answer my question! And why is your neck covered in blood?" Subaru glared at the smaller female.
"I'm here because I found the place calming, plus I knew Reiji wouldn't come after me if I was here. He bit me." Y/N calmly told the male, a cold glare in here (E/C) eyes, causing the white haired male to shudder involuntarily.
"Well you're not supposed to be here." He growled.
"Why is that Subaru? Afraid I'll see something I'm not supposed?" Y/N sighed, before roughly pulling away from him and sitting back down on the bench.
Subaru scoffed, before sitting beside the (H/C) female and tilting her head to the side. "At least clean yourself up, you'll attract the others at this rate." He grumbled, keeping her still as he licked the blood that covered her neck.
Y/N blushed at the odd feeling, but didn't dare try pulling away because she knew he was right, plus there was no point in trying to get away since he was one of the strongest brothers.
"Thank you...Subaru." Y/N muttered, slightly embarrassed as she looked up at the tower as soon as Subaru finished.
Subaru eyed the (H/C) female for a few minutes, before realizing something. "You seem to know your way around even though you've never been here before." He commented.
"I guess you can say I've got a feeling that I've known the place." Y/N replied simply, not looking away from the tower.
"How so?" Subaru narrowed his eyes as he looked at her, not liking the longing gaze in her usually cheerful (E/C) eyes.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Y/N laughed softly, rubbing the back of her neck before looking back at Subaru. "It's been bothering me, but I want to know, why do you and the others not get along? You're all related, at least somewhat, but you all act like you despise each other." Y/N explained.
"Why should I tell you?" Subaru grouchily questioned.
Y/N smiled sadly and grabbed his cheeks with both of her hands, basically forcing his eyes to lock with hers. "Because I care, that's why." She stated, causing Subaru's eyes to widen.

"Subaru-san!" the (H/C) nanny rushed after the six year old, a look of anger and pity mixed within her (E/C) orbs.
"Go away..." He said, clenching the silver dagger that he was almost forced to murder his mother with.
"But I don't want to." The female said, kneeling in front of the short boy.
"B-but why? I'm a monster..." Subaru bit his lower lip, trying to hold back his tears.
Smiling sadly, the female grabbed both of the boys cheeks and made him look directly into her eyes. "Because I care, that's why."

"No you don't!" Y/N looked startled as Subaru suddenly slapped her hands away and stood up, glaring at her. "I'm an impure monster, nobody cares about me!" he growled.
Y/N looked up at him, her lips in a thin line.
The next words she said surprised him even more. "Even though that's how your mother viewed you and your brothers, I don't think that is true." Y/N stood up as well. "Compared to most, you're the kindest person I've ever met, Subaru, so know that at least I care for you." Y/N smiled.
Subaru frowned, before wrapping his arms tightly around the female's smaller figure, and Y/N hugged him back, wincing as she felt him bite into her neck, though compared to the other's she didn't feel much pain, more or less just the effects of the draining of her blood.

I think I know the answer now. The Mukami's had gone through most of their tough times together, causing them to have a strong bond with each other. Though the Sakamaki's went through everything all on their own with no one helping them, as if nobody cared for them at all.

(A/N: I found it odd how none of them actually drank her blood yet, so here we go with two bloodsuckers in one day, poor Y/N. >.< Plus, this is just sort of my theory of why the Mukami brothers get along, while the Sakamaki brothers do things in their own way and don't get along at all, plus I love making you all think whether or not the whole time travel thing was really a dream or that it actually happened.)