Photograph 61: The Snake's Awakening

Y/N groaned softly, (E/C) eyes fluttering open. At first, she was blinded by a bright light, but as her eyes got adjusted, her gaze lingered upon the familiar room that belonged to her whenever she spent the night at the Pack house.
Yawning, the (H/C) sat up, only to wince at a slight pain in her head.
"Y/N? Y/N!" Hearing an excited gasp, the (H/C) yelped in surprise as she was suddenly tackled back down onto the bed in a tight hug. "Guys! Y/N is up!" No hesitation in his yells, the youngest Mukami continued to cling onto the poor, confused girl like a terrified child to their mother.
"Alright Azusa, what's going on?" Y/N giggled as she hugged the beret wearing male's back.
Suddenly, the others appeared in the bedroom, a look of relief washing over their features as soon as they looked at the newly awoken female.
"Do you not remember what happened?" Shin worriedly questioned as he took a step closer to the bed.
"Remember...what exactly?" Y/N asked, tilting her head in confusion.
"You drove into a tree, Mausu-chan." Laito scowled. "You've been unconscious for two weeks."
"Two weeks?!" Y/N shouted in surprise, this fact causing her to hold onto Azusa tighter, which caused the others to look at the youngest Mukami in envy. "Why was I not put into a hospital?"
"Why put you in a hospital when the Pack doctor is the best in the medical field and works for free?" Nick questioned as he walked into the room. Like the rest of the males, he had heavy bags under his eyes, showing a lack of sleep. As well, Y/N noticed, all of them had disheveled clothing, as if they had rushed to get dressed. "You weren't in a coma, just a deep sleep the doctor had said. I knew it'd be best for you to rest here." The brunet stated.
"We were worried about you." Kanato admitted as he bravely sat next to Y/N and grabbed one of her hands. "So don't you dare do something as idiotic as that again!" He ordered, squeezing her hand.
"Right, I'm sorry." Y/N sadly smiled as she squeezed Kanato's hand back.
The group jumped as the door suddenly swung open, both males moving out of the way quickly as the two females tackled Y/N.
"Idiot! How dare you make me worry! I have bags now and not the good kind!" Gracey whined and scolded to her childhood friend, while Yui could only sob into Y/N's shirt.
"Oh dear..." Y/N giggled as she stroked both of their heads, much like a mother would do to her children.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Guys, I'm not hungry anymore." Y/N complained, pushing away the tenth plate of food that had been set in front of her.
"You haven't eaten in two weeks, you need to refresh yourself so you don't become sick." Reiji insisted as Ruki pushed the plate back in front of Y/N.
"I'm going to be sick if I take one more bite of food." Y/N groaned, laying her chin on the table.
"Don't be so dramatic." Shuu sighed.
"Are you three actually agreeing on something? It must be the end of the world!" The (H/C) exclaimed in surprise. "Or else I've been knocked out longer than two weeks..." She muttered, much to the annoyment of the three as she didn't pay attention to what they were saying. "But honestly, I'm fine! I don't need to eat anything else!" She declared.
The three eldests sighed, Reiji and Ruki shared an unsure gaze, while Shuu pulled out a small bag.
"These are Get Well letters from the children at the Library." The blond told her as Y/N hesitantly opened the bag.
"Aw, that's so sweet!" Y/N smiled as she opened one of the first cards, and with the pile of glitter came out of it she giggled as she instantly knew it was Amelia's. "It's so weird, I didn't feel like I was gone so long." She said as she glanced up at them with a frown.
"You don't remember anything from when you passed out?" Ruki asked.
As her eyebrows scrunched up together while trying to concentrate, only an image of blonde hair and green eyes flashed through her mind, causing her head to begin to ache. "I just remember seeing black. Then I woke up to Azusa's screaming of me waking up." She admitted.
"I guess that sounds normal." Reiji sighed, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.
"This was the second time you had passed out like this." Ruki pointed out, causing the other two to look concerned.
"What do you mean this was the second time!?" Shin shouted as himself and the others suddenly barged into the large, and once empty, dining room of the Pack house.
Y/N flinched, a movement that none of the males in the room missed, as she remembered the last time she had been unconscious. "A few weeks after I moved to Japan, before I made up with the Sakamakis for what they did," this time the six brothers flinched, not that the others cared as they payed their attention to Y/N. "A soccer ball hit my head and caused me to pass out for a full week." She finished.
"It was the same as this, right? You didn't know how much time had passed and all you saw was darkness." Kou said.
"Yes...and no." Y/N smiled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.
"What do you mean?" Subaru frowned.
"It's true that I had no idea how much time had passed, but I saw more than just darkness...Well I guess I did see darkness, but not pitch black." Y/N tried explaining. "I don't know how, but I ended up back in the past, in your past. At least I think it was, it could've just been a long dream." She said as she looked at the Sakamaki brothers (minus Kino of course) and the Mukami brothers. "If it wasn't, then does the name Dixie* mean anything to you?"
"She was our old Nanny." Ayato spoke up.
"Ours too, for some time." Yuma grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.
"She was the one to originally wear the ring you're wearing right now." Reiji coldly added.
Y/N suddenly placed her fingers over the ring that was wrapped around his left index finger. The familiar texture of the ruby eyes and black coil of the snake-like figure ran across her fingertips. She had almost forgotten about the ring!
"But the old hag looked nothing like you!" Kanato declared.
"She didn't?" Y/N asked in surprise.
"She was seventeen when she started working among our family, she had brunette colored hair and violet colored eyes. Trust me, she was nothing like you." Shuu dully stated.
"Then maybe she saw everything from Dixie's point of view." Nick finally spoke up.
"That's not what could've happened." Y/N shook her head.
"Why not?" Nick asked, looking confused.
"Before I woke up, I watched more from the sidelines. I saw an older version of me talking to Reiji after he..." Y/N paused as she glanced at the megane who had stiffened. "I can't remember that part, but the older me ended up jumping off a cliff." She stated.
"That's how Dixie died." Subaru scowled. "She killed herself."
"After that, I saw you three kill Cordelia. The first time." Y/N said as she looked at the triplets. "Then I saw how you killed yourself in order to protect them." The (H/C) said as she stared at a shocked Yui.
"That's so weird." Kou sighed, his eyebrows scrunched up together.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Kanato scowled.
"I thought it was just a dream, but...as time went on I realized it wasn't. And by the time I realized that...it was inconvenient to bring it up." Y/N explained.
"And nothing like that happened this time?" Nick assured.
"If it did, I don't remember it." The (H/C) admitted. "Oh! If I've been out for two weeks, then have I missed meeting your special guest?" Y/N asked Nick.
"They arrived two days after your accident. They're still in town, if that's what you're asking." Nick told her.
"They left to go shopping for things at the antique stores I told them about." Gracey explained.
"I see..." Y/N sighed, slightly relieved she would still be able to meet the important person.
"Y/N, I have a question to ask." Yuma suddenly spoke up. "Why did you drive into the tree?" He asked.
Y/N scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion. "It wasn't on purpose. There was a pain in my chest, like my heart was being ripped out. I tried stepping on the brakes, but I guess I stepped on the gas instead?" She told them.
"Like a heartattack?" Yui asked in surprise.
"Mmm...Maybe?" Y/N shrugged nonchalantly, though felt a bit afraid. What if it was a heartattack?
"If you guys don't mind...I think I'm gonna go back to my room and try to take a nap. I'm surprisingly exhausted." Y/N said, yawning afterwards to prove her point.
"That makes since." Reiji nodded in agreement.
"Sleep well." Yui smiled at Y/N, who nodded before leaving the room.
"I feel like she's hiding something." Shin said once sure Y/N was gone and out of earshot.
"You're one to talk." Kou scoffed.
"I agree with the Full-blood. She might be acting like she doesn't know anything, but her mind certainly remembers something." Nick sighed, rubbing his chin.
"It must not be important then!" Yui exclaimed, defending her friend, which surprised the males.
"If it's not important she would've hinted at it then." Nick said seriously.
"If it's important, she'll tell us when she's ready." Gracey insisted.
Hesitantly, the others agreed.

-Noon-Pack House-
Y/N groaned as she tossed and turned in the bed. She felt as if thousands of push needles were digging into her skin.
Once feeling the familiar feeling of pain in her chest, she gasped and sat up, gripping at the cloth that covered her chest.
The pain slowly diminished, allowing her to glance around the familiar room casted in shadows of the afternoon sun.
"Oh goody, you're awake!" Yelping in surprise, Y/N jumped to her left as she turned her head to the right and found herself staring at Cleo's emerald green eyes.
"Y-you're r-real?" The (H/C) asked in disbelief.
Cleo pouted childishly. "Did you think I was a dream? How rude!" She whined.
"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked warily.
"You chose the apple." Cleo stated, her pout turning into a smirk. "So I'm here to destroy those monsters."
"Destroy? Wait you said you were going to prevent them from being monsters!" Y/N jumped out of the bed and pointed at Cleo accusingly.
"I never said how I was going to do that though, did I?" Cleo smirked and reached out towards the (H/C). "Now be a good hostess and behave."
Y/N gasped as Cleo passed right through her, making it feel like she was being dunked into an ice filled bath. Her body twitched, until a cool breath of relief left her lips.
"That was easier than expected." Y/N's voice snickered. "Now I've got some creatures to take care of. This'll be fun!" She giggled, smirking as her once (E/C) orbs turned emerald green.
The goddess of envy and greed had successfully taken over the Snake in the Garden Project.