Photograph 41: Livestock...Literally

-L/N Farm-June 14-
"Alright everyone, uppity up!" Y/N shouted as she stood in the dining room with Yui, Subaru, Shuu, and Yuma.
It took a few minutes, though eventually each of the brothers sluggishly walked in, being too tired to remember that they could just teleport.
Y/N chuckled softly in amusement, before she handed each male a a plate of biscuits and gravy. (A/N: For those who don't know, it's actually really good, especially when home made. Sorry, Southern girl out. ✌️)
Then, since the dining table could only hold up to nine people, everyone went into the living room to eat their breakfast together.
"So here's the agenda for today." Y/N said, sitting in between Yui and Kanato and taking a bite of her biscuit before dusting her hands off and holding onto a clipboard that had the chart herself, Reiji, and Ruki made.
"Yuma will be working on Ma's garden, Yui-chan you'll help Yum-kun." Both nodded in agreement.
"Ayato, since I don't trust you around the pigs anymore, you'll have to help Subaru and Shuu muck out the stalls." Y/N stated, ignoring the snickers coming from some of the Sakamaki brothers, who remembered the incident when the slop covered Ayato and for the rest of the summer said male would threaten to kill the four pigs.
"And since I don't trust Laito around the horses, you can go with Kou and Azusa to the berry patch." Y/N stated, oblivious to the male who narrowed his eyes and ran his fingers over the tare in his fedora.
"Kanato, you'll give the pigs the left overs, then wash out the barrel." Y/N stated, while Kanato's face scrunched up in disgust.
"Reiji, you'll be organizing the Tack room." (Fun fact: The Tack room is the room that has all of the horse essentials, such as saddles and brushes and such.)
"I don't remember that being mentioned." Reiji muttered to himself.
"Shin, you'll be helping Reiji, and Carla you can help whoever needs it." Carla looked satisfied with his job, or that's what Y/N assumed since he was smirking, though Shin didn't look all too pleased.
"And Ruki will be with me to round up the cattle and take 'em to the corral. We'll come back in for lunch afterwards." Y/N clapped her hands together happily, before eating the rest of her food.
Ruki meanwhile looked smug while he got up from the couch and went to put his dishes into the kitchen, feeling the several pairs of glaring eyes burn the back of his head.

-Barn-
Y/N smiled happily as she patted the black horse's, Lightning's, neck affectionately, before glancing at Ruki who was having trouble with putting the saddle on the tri-colored horse, Grandpa.
"Here, let me help ya." Y/N chuckled, walking over to Ruki as he let out a huff.
"Put it like this, then make sure it's tight, not too tight though, or else it'll get too uncomfortable and he'll buck ya off." Y/N instructed while she showed the eldest Mukami, who watched with all his attention on the female.
"There ya go." Y/N smiled as she finished checking to make sure all of Grandpa's tack was right.
"You know a lot about this farm stuff." Ruki commented as he watched Y/N settle in on the saddle on Lightning.
"I would hope so, I've lived here my whole life." Y/N grinned as she watched the male get onto the other horse.
"How do we 'round up' the human livestock?" Ruki questioned as the two rode out of the barn and towards the fields that the cattle were settled.
"Thankfully, you don't gotta do much. Just keep any of those heffers* in a round up and let the dogs do the rest." Y/N told him.
Ruki glanced at Y/N as they got closer to the fields.
It wasn't often that he spent time with the (H/C), especially since Kou and Yuma usually pulled her away to do things. That made it only harder for him, since they were closer with the female than he was.
Kou told me she liked someone the day those purebloods kidnapped her, I wonder who that is. He thought, eyebrows furrowed.
"You ready Ruki?" Hearing his name being called, Ruki pushed his confusing thoughts to the back of his mind.
He was surprised to see that the two of them were already where the cows were.
That meant he had been staring at her this whole time!
"Yeah." Ruki instantly nodded, a barely noticeable amount of pink dusting his cheeks.
Y/N grinned a bit at Ruki, before turning to the four dogs who had come with them -her parents had gotten two Australian Shepherds while she was away-. When given the familiar whistle, the dogs began to herd the cattle back towards the corral near the barn.
Y/N and Ruki followed on either side, and Ruki had to admit that this was a bit harder than Y/N made it sound out to be. At least every few seconds one of the heffers would get lost, and not knowing what to do, the eldest Mukami glanced over at Y/N, to see that she was having the same problem. The only difference, though, was that she knew what she was doing, as well, she made the job look easy.
Ruki looked a bit startled by the look on the usually cheerful female wore. It held nothing but seriousness and focus, which is the expression he noticed she wore when she took pictures.
Letting out an annoyed huff, Ruki tried his best to keep the heffers with each other, and eventually got the livestock into the corral.
"Hey, where are you going?" Y/N's voice caused Ruki to stop Grandpa and turn to look at the female.
"I'm going back to the house, our job's done. It's also almost lunch time." Ruki told the female, almost looking as confused as he felt.
This caused Y/N to laugh, her once serious expression back to her childish one.
"They can live a few minutes without us, don't ya think? Come on, these two need a good run." Y/N stated, winking at Ruki, before lightly kicking Lightning's sides and running in the opposite direction of the farm.
Taking one final look at the barn in the distance, Ruki sighed before following after the female.
"You ride pretty well for living in the city." Y/N commented as Ruki finally caught up with her.
"I learned how to ride before I met the others." Ruki told her, not missing how the female tensed up.
"I see." Y/N muttered.
If she remembered correctly, that would've been when Ruki was still a noble. As well as human.
It went quiet between the two afterwards, though neither really minded nor noticed as they got lost in their own thoughts.
"Where are we going?" Ruki suddenly asked, bringing both away from their thoughts.
"Oh, right down here." Y/N answered. "We're almost there."
As said, the two got to Y/N's secret destination.
"It's pretty, but I'm not one for flowers." Ruki commented as he looked at the meadow of wild flowers.
Y/N chuckled softly and slid off of her saddle.
"That's fine, I didn't exactly come here for the flowers." She told him, letting Lightning graze.
"Then why are we here?" Ruki looked confused as he followed the female's actions.
"To get you away from those books!" Y/N exclaimed, grinning widely as she saw Ruki's annoyed expression.
"Come on, you know what I'm talking about. You're always somewhere with your attractive face hidden behind a book, I mean even Reiji isn't being as stuck up as usual. You need to enjoy the outdoors at least a little bit while you're here." Y/N ranted to the male as she sat in the tall grass.
"You think I'm attractive?" Ruki grinned.
"Of course, it's the title of the article in Aidou when they published my pictures of you, but you're missing the point." Y/N sighed.
Ruki then grunted as Y/N's warm hand grabbed his own cold one and pulled him onto the ground beside her.
"Today we're going to look at the clouds and enjoy the fresh air of nature, understand?" Y/N asked, though it was obvious that the male couldn't say anything other than 'yes'.
Ruki watched as Y/N grinned in triumphance, then lay on the ground, her (H/L) (H/C) locks floating above her head.
"Come on big guy, I don't bite, no promises about the Ladybugs though." Y/N chuckled.
Sighing, Ruki lied beside the female and looked up at the sky.
It's defiantly different than the night sky. The onyx eyed male thought as he looked at the baby blue sky that peeked over the purple wild flowers that surrounded the two.
"Hey look, that cloud looks like a dragon." Y/N stated, pointing at a large cloud as it floated by.
"No, it looks like an ordinary cloud." Ruki grumbled, before flinching as he felt Y/N roughly elbow his side.
"Come on, just use your imagination. You have one, don't you?" Y/N questioned.
Ruki sighed, then looked back at the cloud with narrowed eyes.
"It looks like an overgrown elephant with a tutu."
"I can see it!" Y/N laughed, smiling widely, then pointing to another one. "That looks like an angry man walking his dog."
Ruki chuckled softly, and the game continued.

-Night-
"So this is where the two disappeared~" Laito cooed, glaring at the two missing figures with the other brothers.
Y/N and Ruki had eventually lost track of time by watching clouds and picking some of the flowers, and Y/N had fallen asleep on Ruki's chest. Ruki, not wanting to wake her up, also fell asleep.
And that's how the eleven found the two.
"Oi, get up!" Subaru shouted, causing both Y/N and Ruki to sit up, before glaring at the albino. Y/N more in just being tired, and Ruki in annoyment.
"Oh, I apologize, did we wake you up~?" Kou smiled innocently, though it was almost obvious how annoyed he was.
"No, we just-Wait, what time is it?" Y/N suddenly asked, noticing how dark it actually was.
"Almost...nine." Azusa answered.
"Your mutts had showed up without you and we got worried." Kanato scowled.
"Sorry guys, I didn't mean to worry you at all." Y/N sheepishly smiled.
"Tch. Just don't do it again." Shin scoffed.
"Well then, I guess I'll bring these two back to the stables and meet you in the house." Y/N sighed, motioning to the two horses.
"I'll help you." Yuma offered, as Y/N smiled and nodded in agreement.

___Quick Time Skip___
"Ruki." Y/N's voice caused said male to pause from entering the guest bathroom and glance at the (H/C) who stood in the living room.
"Thanks for today, I had fun." Y/N smiled.
"Me too." Ruki admitted.
Y/N grinned widely. "Then we should do it again real soon! Goodnight, Ruki." She said, before going to her room where Yui was passed out on the blowup mattress Y/N had set out a few days ago.
"Goodnight, Y/N." Ruki smiled, before going into the bathroom so he could shower the dirt out of his hair.
He then deadpanned when he saw the flower crown on his head in the mirror.
How'd that get there? Wait...
"Y/N!"
The quiet house erupted in Y/N's, Kou's, and the triplet's laughter. They were really hoping he wouldn't notice.

(Heffers: Female cows
Fun fact: Lightning and Grandpa are actual horses that I've owned. There's also Pearl and Ford.)