Photograph 58: Her Strength (Prt.1)

(A/N: I honestly thought that Kou would be requested a lot more, I guess not haha.)

-Next Day-Pack House-
With a delayed day of doing chores, Y/N saw how frazzled Nick was getting with having a day waisted of preparing for the special guest and offered to help with the others.
Little did the others know how hard this was actually gonna be.
"How did so many leaves get into here?!" Shin complained, staring between the pool, that was practically caked in leaves, and the two piles he had already managed to scoop out.
"Well it did just rain." Ruki replied bluntly, as he held onto a bunch of clothes pins while Y/N, Yui, Gracey, and a couple of other pack females hung up newly washed clothing on a clothes line.
"Still, this seems useless." Shin grumbled.
"You can...do it..." Azusa said as encouragingly as he could to the Full-blood. He was holding a wet basket of clothes, along with Laito who was flirting with some of the females who were hanging up the clothes.
Shin, feeling slightly encouraged, nodded and went back to cleaning the pool.
"You probably shouldn't hold it like that." Yuma told Carla.
"I know what I'm doing, you." Carla scoffed, raising the hammer to the nail on the fence and accidentally hammering his thumb. A series of curse words left his lips.
"I told you." Yuma rolled his eyes.
"Carla, are you alright?!" Y/N asked, quickly rushing over to the oldest Tsukinami when she heard his pained cries.
"I'm fine." Carla hissed, hiding his hand from the concerned (H/C).
"Don't be such a baby, let me see." Y/N ordered him.
Carla glared at Yuma and Subaru who were snickering at how Y/N was talking to him as if he was some sort of stubborn child. Muttering insults at them under his breath, he held his hand out to Y/N.
"You really hit this good, it's turning all purple." Y/N sighed, poking at the injured appendage, which resulted in a pained growl from Carla.
"Are you ok, Nii-San?!" Shin shouted in concern, having rushed up after Y/N.
"He just needs a bit of ice, it's nothing serious." Y/N assured the younger Tsukinami, who sighed in relief.
"If that's all, then he can continue helping us with the fence." Subaru stated, annoyed with the attention that the Full-blood's were getting from Y/N.
Said female grinned at Subaru, who wasn't looking at her as he applied fresh paint to the fence with Yuma. "Maybe you guys should switch? You'd be better at making a fence then painting, Tsun-ba-ru~" she cooed, causing the white haired Sakamaki to glare at her. Y/N giggled and skipped away to get ice for Carla.
"How's lunch coming along?" Y/N asked as she walked into the kitchen, sending a smile towards the three pack chefs, Reiji, and Kanato.
"They won't let me eat any of the sweets!" Kanato shouted, pointing at the three chefs who glared at him in reply.
"He already ate fifteen cookies." One of the chefs, Y/N knew as Fiyero who had moved from France two years ago, told her.
"Kanato, you're supposed to be cooking, not eating." Y/N scolded.
"I'm just taste testing to make sure they're doing it right." Kanato scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he pouted like a child. The chefs pretended not to have heard him.
Y/N chuckled and shook her head. "Get back to work." She said, ruffling his hair.
"Did someone get hurt?" Reiji questioned the female as she walked to the main freezer and pulled out an ice pack.
"Mhmmm...Carla accidentally hammered his thumb." She explained, smiling at him as she closed the fridge.
"You'd think someone who's lived so long would be less incompetent." Reiji stated in disbelief, rolling his eyes.
"Be nice!" Y/N laughed, punching his arm playfully as she walked towards the exit.
Reiji huffed, though smiled slightly as he watched her walk out with a bright grin.
"Tally-hoe!" Kou's scream caused Y/N to stop near the staircase, just in time to see the cheerful blond ride down the railing. "Ha! Told you it'd be quicker!" Kou grinned up at Kino, who watched from two floors up with a look of disbelief.
"Aren't you supposed to be dusting?" Y/N grinned, crossing her arms over her chest.
"S Hotaru-chan!" Kou turned to look at her with an innocent expression. "We are dusting! I just dusted the railing!" He stated.
"I don't think that counts." Y/N sweat dropped.
"I told you!" Kino smirked as he joined the two at the bottom of the staircase.
"You guys are so boring!" Kou stuck his tongue out at the two childishly, before crossing his arms over his chest. "You're just jealous I'm having fun cleaning." He determined.
"Uh-huh. Well, good luck Kino." Y/N patted the second-youngest Sakamaki's shoulder, before walking away.
"What is that supposed to mean?!" Kou whined while Kino shouted.
Y/N chuckled and rolled her eyes.
"Oi! Ore-Sama demands that you stop getting in the mud!" Ayato shouted at a group of the pack pups who kept running in and out of the house while he was mopping.
"Calm down Oreo-Sama. They're just enjoying themselves." Y/N told him as she walked over to the back door.
Ayato scoffed. "Well I'm not enjoying myself at all." He retorted.
Y/N shook her head, before her eyes landed on Shuu and she dead panned. "Is he really sleeping standing up?" She asked Ayato, pointing to his eldest brother who was leaning against a broom, his eyes closed with his earbuds plugged into his ears as always. Turning back to Ayato she pointed to the mop. "Give me." She ordered.
Raising an eyebrow, Ayato hesitantly handed her the mop.
Lifting the mop by its handle, Y/N held out the soaked muddy bottom towards Shuu's face. Though before she could reach her target, Shuu had grabbed the part just above the mop and glared at Y/N, while she smiled in innocence.
"Well finish your work soon you two, I think lunch is almost finished!" She exclaimed, fumbling to hand Ayato the mop back, before she sprinted back outside.
Y/N handed Carla the ice pack, before making her way back towards where she was hanging up the clothes.
On her way, though, she was stopped by another angered cry from Ayato. She watched as five of the pack pups rushed out in a fit of giggles and practically covered head to toe in mud. It was obvious that the kids thought that getting the red head angry was some sort of game. The five suddenly froze when a shadow was casted over them.
"Ah!" They screamed, one suddenly getting snatched up and tickled by their leader.
"You little monsters, stop terrorizing that poor Vamp!" Nick laughed, placing the child back onto the ground beside his friends. "Or else I'll tell your mothers." He then teased.
"Yes, Alpha Johnston." The five bowed, before running towards the front of the house to find a bigger mud puddle than the one they had already found.
"I'm not a poor Vamp." Ayato scowled at Nick, standing at the doorframe of the back door.
"You're welcome." Nick said, crossing his arms over his chest.
"There's nothing to thank! I could've handled them all on my own!" Ayato shouted.
"Guys, come on!" Gracey huffed, walking over and standing in between the two. "Now is not a time to fight like troubled hounds. We've got work to do." She stated.
"You're right." Nick sighed.
"Whatever." Ayato scoffed, going back into the house to mop up the new muddy foot prints the kids had left behind.
"Thanks." Y/N sighed as Gracey walked over to her.
"It's no problem, I'm just glad they didn't make a bigger distraction." Gracey chuckled, in which Y/N couldn't help but to agree.