Photograph 49: Brotherly Reunion...Or Not?

"Mausu-chan, you've been pouting since we got home." Laito grinned as he poked the American's cheek. Both were sitting on the couch in the living room, Y/N sitting with her arms crossed over her chest and her cheeks puffed out in a cute pout, while Laito was sitting next to her with his head on her lap and his hand outstretched to poke her cheek repeatedly.
Subaru was in his room, sleeping, as well as Shuu and Kou. Reiji, Ruki, and Yui were in the kitchen preparing dinner. Ayato, Shin, and Yuma were outside putting away the crates of leftover veggies. Azusa and Kanato were in the attic looking through Y/N's childhood things, not that Y/N knew. As well, Carla was in the living room reading 'The Wizard of Oz' from Y/N's book collection. Trying his best to ignore the full blood and human.
"Is it because Subaru broke that chicken coop? Is it because the Purebloods made that little girl cry? Is it because I kissed that one man's wife in front of him? Is it because Kou pulled you away from that mysterious stranger you were on a date with?" Laito questioned while smirking.
A fire surrounded Y/N as she sent him a deadly glare. "All of it!" She growled out. (A: That moment I bring Yona of the Dawn into the story.) "A-and we weren't on a date. He was helping me find you idiots while I was helping him find his brothers." The (H/C) instantly went back to pouting.
Laito laughed at the female's change of attitudes.
"Tch. You're so annoying." Carla scowled.
"I am not." Y/N whined, only beginning to sulk more, much to Laito's amusement.
Carla scoffed and shook his head. "Who was this stranger anyways? Another one of your weird friends?" He questioned, going back to reading the book. (A: Jelly Carla? 😏)
"Not really. We just bumped into each other." Y/N sighed, tugging her fingers through her (H/L) (H/C) hair.
There was suddenly a loud knock on the front door, cutting off Laito's sexual joke and Carla's grunt of disapproval.
"Oh, that must be Nicky or Gracey. I knew I forgot something!" Y/N muttered to herself, pushing Laito off of her lap, before getting off of the couch and opening the door. "Hey, thanks for-! Oh, it's you!" Y/N exclaimed, eyes widened in surprise as she stared at the familiar ravenette, who looked just as surprised.
"Oh, Y/N, I didn't know you lived here." Kino smiled fondly at the pretty (H/C).
"Not to sound rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" Y/N questioned, one of her eyebrows raised in suspicion.
"My brothers. I was told by one of the market people that they were living on the L/N farm. I decided to see if they were here...But what're you doing here?" Kino squinted his eyes at Y/N now, before smirking. "Couldn't get enough of me, hmmm...?"
Blushing a bit, Y/N tried to sound calm as she replied, "I'm Y/N L/N, this farm belongs to my family."
"N/N-chan who's at the door?" Yui questioned as she peeked out of the kitchen.
"Oh, uh..." Y/N glanced back at Kino, who suddenly had a frustrated expression.
Though before she could finish her reply, Kino pushed his way into the house. "I'm Sakamaki Kino." He answered Yui.
"Sakamaki!?" Y/N and Yui both turned a bleach white color and looked as if they were about to faint.
"What's with all the commotion in here?" Reiji sighed as he walked out of the kitchen.
Y/N awkwardly scuttled over to the second eldest Sakamaki and tugged on his sleeve. "How many brothers do you have, Reiji?" The (H/C) whispered to him.
Raising an eyebrow, the magane glanced at the new arrival, before glaring. In which the stranger glared back.
"What are you doing here, Kino?" Shuu, who had suddenly appeared on the couch beside Laito, coldly questioned.
"Father says you've all been acting up and weren't following through with the plan." Kino smirked as he saw the disgusted expressions on his three older brother's faces.
"That doesn't explain why he'd send you." Kanato suddenly appeared beside Y/N, who was used to the sudden appearance of the brothers and didn't jump.
"He sent me simply to get rid of the problem." Kino stated, red eyes wandering over the Vampires that had finally arrived all at once. "Tsukinamis are here too, how odd. Though it's obvious you're not the problem. At the moment." He smirked at the two Purebloods, who were glaring at him. "And the Mukamis, Father isn't too happy with you four either." Making a 'tut' sound, Kino wiggled his finger back and forth.
"Nobody gives a fuck about what that old bastard has to say!" Subaru shouted, punching the wall close to him.
"Subaru!" Y/N exclaimed in annoyance, causing Subaru to flinch.
Kino smirked, a sudden glisten in his ruby red orbs, and suddenly he appeared behind Y/N. He placed his hands on her shoulders and pulled the (H/C) to his chest, earning growls of disapproval from most of the other males in the room.
"Of course no one cares about what Father says, little brother." Kino cooed, pressing a dagger to Y/N's throat as a way to keep the others away from him. "Though if it gets me one step closer to the throne, then a few lives must be lost." He stated, pressing the tip of the blade to Y/N's jugular.
Laito suddenly held out an arm to stop the others from moving in to help Y/N.
"What are you doing?" Kou growled.
"She can handle herself." Laito stated, a small smirk crossing his lips.
"So you're going to kill me?" Y/N asked bluntly, a dark aura slightly beginning to surround her. "I'm sorry, but I don't wish to die today. Especially since I must punish Subaru for placing another dent into the wall." She coldly stated, the darkness slowly growing.
Kino looked taken aback as Y/N suddenly locked eyes with him, a fiery look in her (E/C) orbs made him feel as if he were the prey and she was the predator. He didn't like this feeling one bit.
"So please understand what I'm about to do is justified."
Before Kino could mutter a word, Y/N dug the heel of her boot into his foot, then turned around as he let go of her and she kneed his groin, causing him to collapse in pain.
"Ah, I remember when you pulled that move on me as if it were just yesterday, Mausu-chan." Laito praised as he patted Y/N's shoulders.
"It was just yesterday." Y/N deadpanned.
The group then looked surprised as they heard someone laughing. Glancing at where Kino propped himself on a wall, he smirked at the group.
"I can see why you've taken such a liking to this mortal, she's got a fire the other one never had!" Kino chuckled.
"W-What?" Yui stuttered out, having been frozen in her spot since Kino had put his dagger to Y/N's throat.
"Don't take offence." Kino smirked at the blonde. "You're dead anyways, so you shouldn't."
Everyone seemed to freeze.
"Wait...What?" Y/N blinked.
"Oops, did I let that slip?" Kino grinned tauntingly.
"Eve is...also a...Vampire." Azusa, even more hesitant than usual, told Y/N.
Everyone seemed to wait for Y/N's response. Wondering how she'll freak out.
"Well that makes sense." Y/N finally sighed, cupping her chin with one hand with her eyes closed.
"What!?" Just about everyone in the room shouted, looking just like they were gonna have a heart attack.
"What is wrong with this girl, honestly!?" Yuma cried out, causing a tick mark to appear on Y/N's forehead.
"Nothing is wrong with me!" She exclaimed.
"And you don't feel...mad at me?" Yui hesitantly questioned.
Y/N sighed, then smiled at Yui. "I'm a little sad that you didn't tell me, but I'm not mad. You had your own reasons for not telling me." The (H/C) said.
Tears filled Yui's sherbert pink eyes and she clung onto Y/N.
Y/N, awkwardly, patted Yui's head as she cried tears of joy, muttering 'sorry' at different times.
"I guess I'll come back and finish the job later." Kino's voice caused all of the members of the household to glare at him.
"You're not going anywhere!" An annoyed voice stated as they grabbed Kino's shoulder. "You're gonna stay here and help Subaru fix the dent." Y/N smiled bitterly.
"What!?" The two youngest Sakamaki brothers shouted.
"You want him to stay?!" Shin seethed.
"Well I'm letting you stay." Y/N responded with a blank expression.
"But I didn't try to kill you!" Shin responded.
"Yes. You did. Twice." Y/N held up two fingers.
"The second time was not my fault!" Shin exclaimed.
"If it's this amusing to stay here, then I guess being here a while won't hurt." Kino smirked.

"I didn't say you will be living here, just that you can't leave till the wall is fixed." (Y/N)
"What kind of arrangement is that!?" (Kino)
"I think a suitable one." (Y/N)
"What?! I agree with the half-blood, there really is something wrong with you!" (Kino)
"Oi!" (Yuma & Y/N)

(A/N: I don't actually know how Kino acts. I'm just gonna make his personality like Izaya Orihara's though because I feel like that might fit him.)