Photograph 56: Final Interest

(A/N: I'm adding a few filler chapters, just to let you guys know, after this chapter.)

-L/N Farm-4 Days Later-Night time-
Y/N had woken up in a cold sweat, practically gasping for air, as her eyes looked around the familiar surroundings of her bedroom frantically.
"N/N-chan?" Yui tiredly mumbled, sitting up on the makeshift bed on the ground right beside Y/N's. "You ok?"
"Hai, it was just a nightmare, Yui-chan." Y/N smiled falsely. "I'm gonna get some water, go back to sleep." She told the blonde.
Nodding warily, Yui released a loud yawn, before snuggling back into the comfort of her blankets.
Sighing, Y/N got out of her bed, gently moving Nigou onto Yui's bed, before sneaking into the living room.
"Not again." Y/N muttered out tiredly, staring at the sleeping figure on the couch.
For the past couple of days, Nick had been worrying over an important guest that was going to be visiting three days from now. Meaning he was pushing everyone to make sure everything was suitable for the arrival.
Rolling her eyes, Y/N grabbed a throw blanket and covered the male with it. "You idiot, you need to stop pushing yourself so hard for my sake." She muttered bitterly, brushing the few straying bangs that covered his face.
"Y/N?" Feeling a grip on her wrist, the female's (E/C) eyes locked on both of Subaru's red ones.
"Subaru. This is the third time this week, y'know." She scolded him softly, so to not wake any of the others.
Subaru's eyebrows scrunched together, and his nose wrinkled. "I had a dream you called me an idiot." He tiredly stated.
Y/N chuckled and shook her head in slight amusement of his childlike actions. "Go to your room." She stated.
Half-asleep, Subaru nodded and got off of the couch. "Goodnight." He muttered, and surprised Y/N when he bent to her height and kissed her forehead, before disappearing into the guest hallway.
"I wonder how the others would have acted." Y/N thought aloud in amusement.
"Probably like spoiled brats." Y/N yelped and jumped in the air, startled, and she quickly turned to see who had spoken.
"C-Carla?! D-did we wake you?" The (H/C), awkwardly, asked.
"No."
Y/N blinked at the blunt expression, before smiling wryly. "Why're you up so late?" She curiously questioned.
"Why are you up so early?" Carla scowled.
"Fair enough." Y/N nodded, turning on her heel and walking into the kitchen. Carla, eventually, followed her.
"What're you doing?" Carla asked as he observed the young American open a cabinet and pull out two glasses and a blue wrapped box.
"I'm getting us some Oreos and milk." Was the simple reply he had gotten as she placed the 'ingredients' onto the island. ( A: I want Oreos rn but my parents won't buy me any. 😭) "Mama says sweets cause nightmares, but she ain't here so there's no one to stop us." Giggled Y/N as she took the milk out of the fridge and poured it into the glasses.
"Is that why you're up? Nightmares." Carla asked, though he already knew why she was up. It was obvious through the way her heart was beating quickly and her blood flow was faster than usual.
Y/N tensed infront of the fridge. "Am I that easy to read?" She bitterly laughed. Closing the fridge, she turned to glance at Carla, who was skeptically staring at her. Sighing, she took an Oreo out of it's container and held it out to him.
"It's just a cookie, you dip it into the milk and eat it." She explained to him when she saw him critically stare at the sweet treat.
"I'm aware, I've seen the purple brat eat them." Carla sneered.
"Uh-huh. That's why they're hidden in the dishwasher." Y/N deadpanned. "Now take it." She ordered, holding the cookie out to him.
Carla narrowed his eyes and scoffed. Though, eventually he took the Oreo out of her grip and dunked it into the milk, before biting into the sweet. "What?" He asked, scowling at the disgusted look on Y/N's face.
"Nothing, I just didn't think of you as a Dunker." Y/N replied casually, grabbing her own Oreo.
"A what?" Carla stared at her skeptically.
"A Dunker, a person who eats an Oreo whole. I'm a Twister." Y/N explained, while twisting the two parts of the Oreo apart, then licking off the white icing before dunking the plain chocolate cookies into her glass of milk.
"That's unsanitary." Carla stated, his nose wrinkled in disgust.
Y/N stifled her laughter. "No it's not." She defended herself.
"Yes it is." Carla retorted.
"Whatever." Y/N rolled her eyes, grabbing another Oreo. "So why are you up so late?" She asked, changing the topic as she swirled the chocolate cookie in the milk.
"That's none of your concern." Carla, sternly, stated.
Y/N hummed softly, eyeing the ancient male as she nibbled on her midnight snack. "You had a nightmare!" She suddenly exclaimed, startling the Pure-blood as she broke the silent atmosphere.
"Dreams are only for the weak." Carla scoffed.
"It's alright, everyone has a nightmare then and again-oof!" The wind left Y/N's lips as her back was suddenly pressed against the fridge.
"If you hadn't noticed, I'm not like everyone." Carla sneered, then surprised Y/N farther as he began to have a coughing fit.
The white haired male pulled away, turning his back to the female as he covered his mouth with his hand, and he coughed up blood.
"You're sick." Y/N breathed out in surprise.
"Don't be redic-" The white/red haired male was cut off by his own bloody coughs.
"Carla." Y/N sternly said his name, though the male kept his back to her. "Carla, how long have you been sick?" She asked, a hint of sympathy in her voice.
It was quiet between the two, other than the soft wheezing that came from the ancient's lips.
"A while." Carla, finally, answered.
Y/N released a shaky breath, one she didn't know she was holding. "Ruki told me and Yui about the Endzeit that ended the other Pure-bloods. That's what you have, right? That's why you wanted Yui. Because she's the Eve." She said, placing her hand on his shoulder.
"You don't know anything." Carla growled, smacking her hand away and turning to glare at her.
"Shin doesn't know, does he?" Y/N asked. Seeing his hesitant expression, she sighed. "I won't tell him, then."
Carla stared at Y/N with an awestruck expression, as she slipped out of his hold and went to the kitchen sink. She grabbed a wash rag and soaked half of it from the water running from the faucet, before coming back to the Pure-blood. Carla stiffly kept his hands to his sides, causing Y/N to have to force them in front of her so she could wash the blood off.
The room was eerily quiet, up until the point Y/N started to dab at the blood that had dribbled down Carla's chin. "You're going to have to tell him soon though. He'll be devastated if you suddenly died without an explanation." She stated, never meeting his golden hues with her own (E/C). Which honestly caused him to feel a bit uneased.
"You're talking about Shin." Carla grunted, feeling the cold rag against his even colder skin. "He'll be fine."
Y/N paused, before shaking her head and walking back to the sink. "You don't believe that for one second. Neither do I. Carla, you're his only family member left, you can't just die and believe he'll be fine with it." She stated, trying to rinse the blood off of the rag, though she knew that the once white cloth would now be stained a soft pink.
"He already suspects something." Carla sighed, leaning his elbows on the island countertop as he watched her closely. "He doesn't know what it is, just that I'm getting weaker. He's prepared to get rid of me if he needs to." He coldly stated.
"He wouldn't-"
"He would." Carla immediately cut the female off of a potential rant. "You only see the best from us, but you forget that we're monsters, that we're capable of ending every single living soul in this town. The others too." He said, causing Y/N to inhale a sharp breath.
It went quiet once more, the only noise being the running sink.
"I know what everyone is capable of. It's hard...to forget." Y/N stated, her lips thinned into a line. A look Carla determined did not look good on her at all, when compared to her usual smile. "When I first found out about what the Sakamakis were, they told me about Yui. About how she killed herself when they were supposed to keep her alive." She told him, unaware of the group who were just now waking up, thanks to the smell of the Pureblood's blood.
"And you treated them the same as you do now?" Carla asked, a hint of shock in his confused tone.
"I did." Y/N nodded, giving up on washing out the abnormal color of the rag, and turning off the sink.
"Why?" Carla questioned, his eyebrows furrowing together.
"Why not?" Y/N laughed sadly and shook her head. "I know it sounds crazy and naïve of me, but when they told me what happened, my first thought was: 'maybe these guys aren't so bad'. Because there had to have been some reason that Yui had given her life up for them, even after everything that they claimed to have done to her, she must've known that there was something more to them. Something good." Y/N explained. "So I trusted a girl that I had never known, and put my trust in them. Which I must agree was pretty stupid at the time, seeing as once I moved to Japan and remet them they all turned out to be sadistic douches." She chuckled.
"You don't treat them as such." Carla scoffed.
Y/N gave him a goofy grin all of a sudden. "Between you and me, it's because I know more than I probably should. I'm just pushing all of the evil out of them, one day at a time." She stated.
The (H/C) suddenly grunted uncomfortably as she felt a weight ontop of her head.
"What do you know?" Shuu asked in a tired tone, arms crossed ontop of her head and his chin resting ontop of his arms.
"It's not nice to eavesdrop, you bastard." Y/N scoffed.
"No, no, I'd like to know too~!" Laito exclaimed, appearing beside Y/N, his elbow digging into her shoulder.
"It's too early for this, go away!" Y/N complained, trying to push the two away from her.
"It's only six in the morning." Reiji put in, standing beside the oven.
"Alright, if the rest of you are up and in a energetic mood, you can start your chores instead of bullying me!" Y/N stated, crossing her arms over her chest and puffing her cheeks out. Resulting in groans from the eavesdropping males of the household.
"We're not...bullying you..." Azusa said as he and Kanato appeared next to Shuu.
Carla watched with mild amusement as Y/N bickered with the Sakamaki and Mukami brothers. "She's such a weird human." He observed as Shin walked up behind him, covering his mouth as he yawned.
"Nii-San, you sound like you're finally taking a liking to her." Shin stated, fixing his glasses that rested at the end of his nose.
"Not a liking, just an...interest." Shin observed his older brother, narrowing his single golden eye as he observed the way Carla stared at Y/N.
Tch. I guess I gotta fight you for her, too.