Photograph 10: Secret Secret

-The Farmhouse-5 days later-Day 30-
"Guys! I'm going out to help prepare for the Summer Carnival! I'll be back in a few hours!" Y/N shouted, pulling the strap of a brown leather satchel over her shoulder.
"You've been there all week BÃisshuna on'nanoko (Boyish Girl), how long does it take to plan a stupid carnival?" Ayato questioned, standing at the door, blocking the (E/C) eyed female from leaving.
"Well, considering it's a carnival for the whole town, it takes about a little more than a whole week to plan." Y/N stated, then pushed past him and cheerfully walked to where her new truck was.
As Y/N got buckled, she glanced at the passenger seat where she heard the car door slam shut.
"I want to see how everything will turn out. Don't need you messing things up." Ayato smirked at her.
Shaking her head, Y/N chuckled and began to pull out. "Whatever you say, Oreo-sama." She grinned.
"O-Oi! It's Ore-sama!" Y/N laughed at his flushed expression.

-Middle of Town Square-30 minutes later-
Y/N got out of the truck first, and began to make her way through the few small construction areas, as Ayato quickly caught up with her.
A few of the workers waved at the two, gave Ayato a confused or cautious glance, or would ask Y/N for her opinion on something.
"Y/N! Oh, and company. How're ya doing Ayato?" Ayato glared at Nick, who walked over with his usual cheerful grin.
One of the things that really pissed Ayato and his brothers off.
"Anyways, Y/N, I need your help with the snack choices. Margie and Mrs. Hampton are waiting for ya near Matt's mechanical bull." Nick told the (H/C) female.
"The what? Nicky I told you no mechanical bull! Remember the accident with Treant?" Nick smiled sheepishly, as Y/N simply huffed and began to walk away quickly to speak with the baker's wife, Maggie and the sweets shop owner, Mrs. Johnson.
"You know, Ayato." The red head looked away from Y/N's fleeing image, before glancing at Nick, who's expression turned a bit more serious while he still wore his grin. "Since you and your brothers showed up, a few of our civilians have gone missing." Ayato grinned a bit and shrugged.
"Is that so?" He cocked his head to the side.
"It's such a coincidence though, don't you think? I mean, I don't know how it's like back in Japan's big cities where ya'll barely know when someone's gone missing, but in a place like here, it's a bit too obvious. Especially when it begins to occur when six strangers come out of nowhere." Nick told the red head, who's emerald orbs turned into a harsh glare.
"Are you trying to imply something?" Before Nick could answer, Y/N walked back over, two older women following behind her.
"Sorry if I'm interrupting something, but Nick, I really need your help." Y/N smiled shyly as she grabbed Nick's arm.
"Huh? Yeah, of course N/N! Actually, me and Ayato here were just talkin' about how him and his brothers could open a Japanese booth." Nick said cheerfully, all seriousness gone.
"Really? That'd be great! We'll talk later, why don't you go help Matt load up that death machine?" Y/N spoke to Ayato, and motioned to three men who were trying to load a worn out mechanical bull into a trailer, then she pulled Nick with her, both women quickly following.
Nick looked back at Ayato and smirked, brown eyes flashing gold, before he turned back to speak to Y/N.
Scoffing, Ayato went to help out.

-Vixen Time Square-The Carnival-Day 37-
"Your booths look like they're doing great! I knew that the kids would really like it." Y/N smiled, handing a stick of squid that Ayato had made, and handing it to a couple who looked as interested as everyone else.
"Where'd you guys even get the fish?" She questioned, looking at the booth Shuu, Kanato, and Subaru were running, which was a catching goldfish game, while Reiji, Ayato, and Laito sold Japanese foods.
They were all wearing bathrobes -which the kids and towns people looked at weirdly as Y/N would giggle and tease them, that is till- even Y/N was forced to wear a midnight purple one that had two (F/C) goldfish.
"It's better not to question." Reiji simply stated, causing Y/N to pout a bit.
"Hey Y/N! Wanna take a walk with me?" The brothers glared at Nick, who now stood beside Y/N.
"I don't know Nicky, I gotta help-" Y/N began.
"It's not even your booth, Y/N. Anyways you should be taking pictures of the event you helped put together, right?"
Y/N smiled apologetically at the brothers. "Right. Sorry guys, but you don't mind right?" Before she could get a response, Nick had already grabbed her hand and camera, and pulled her into the crowd of people.
"Follow them, Ayato." Reiji sternly told his younger brother.
"Hah!? Why me?!" Ayato scowled, then sighed. "Fine."

___Quick Time Skip___
"That was rude Nicky." Y/N grumbled, taking a few pictures of a group of children eating ice cream and getting messy. She smiled softly, then glanced at Nick, who looked nonchalant.
"What was?" He asked.
"Pulling me away like that. I know you guys don't get along, and Heaven knows why." Y/N sighed, and took a picture of the lights that clashed with the moon and star lit sky.
"You look prettier tonight." Nick commented.
"Don't change the topic." Y/N scowled at him, causing the dark haired male to sigh.
"Y/N, they're not human." He growled.
"Neither are you, or half this town." Y/N clicked her tongue, obviously upset with her childhood friend.
"They're monsters Y/N. Ever since they got here people have gone missin'- Leeroy, Justin, Abigal, Dixie." He shook his head sadly, and Y/N winced slightly.
She grabbed his arm and tugged him into a hug.
"I know it's been hard Nicky since your dad's death, but you don't have to be a hero. For all we know they went to get eloped or something." Y/N stated assuringly.
Nick sighed, but smiled softly and nodded.
"Thanks N/N." He said, and ruffled her hair, as Y/N laughed and kissed his cheek.
"Now come on, Ayato talked me into keeping the mechanical bull." Y/N laughed at Nick's childish expression.
"Maybe they aren't too bad then." He said, wrapping an arm over Y/N's shoulders and walking with her, but sent a glare towards the red head who tried blending in with the crowd as he watched them.

-L/N Farm-6 hours later-
Y/N sat on the front porch swing, smiling happily as she scrolled through the pictures she had taken at the carnival.
"It's getting late Y/N." Reiji commented as he and the others walked out of the house.
"I guess you're right." Y/N sighed softly, then clicked the next picture which was her, Nick, Grace, and the baker's children, Dixie and Justin. She frowned, and the brothers noticed her sudden change in attitude.
"Are you alright Y/N?" Subaru asked, almost hesitantly.
"Ya'll wouldn't hide anything from me...Would you?" She asked softly.
Seeming to know what she meant, the brothers frowned.
"Of course not Mausu-chan, why would you think that?" Laito questioned.
"So you haven't killed anyone while you were here?" Y/N's (E/C) orbs darkened.
It was quiet, other than the crickets, frogs, and the occasional owl.
"I guess that's my answer." She got up and pushed past the brothers, walking into the house.
"Y/N wait-" Smack!
The brothers all looked shocked, as Ayato let go of her wrist and held onto his cheek.
"Don't come near me! You murdered my friends, those poor girls, Yui, you're all monsters, just like Nick said." Y/N stated harshly, then went into her room, causing the brothers to flinch when the door slammed shut.

-Next Morning-Day 38-
Y/N stayed locked up in her room, none of the brothers trying to get into her room after she threatened to call Nick and tell him what they did, but Subaru did teleport into the room to give her her breakfast.
Soon enough though, yours truly got fed up with the tension filled atmosphere and banged on the door.
"Y/N, open this god damn door!" He shouted.
"No." Y/N weakly stated, curled up in a nest of blankets as she went through a picture book.
Ayato growled and teleported into the bedroom.
"Damn." Y/N muttered, as if forgetting he could do that.
"What're you doing? What happened to the strong girl?" Ayato asked, sitting beside her. "She's gone to memory lane." Y/N simply answered, flipping the page in the book.
Ayato sighed, but stayed quiet as he looked at the pictures with Y/N.
"Wait! Who's that?" Ayato grabbed Y/N's hand which was about to flip the page, then pointed to a picture of a little blonde girl with pinkish red eyes, and a girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) orbs.
"It's me, idiot." Y/N huffed.
"No. The blonde." Ayato growled.
Y/N blinked, then looked at the picture once again.
"Oh. Well when I was six, my NaNa had met a priest in Japan. He came to visit with his daughter for a full year." She explained, then smiled sheepisjly. "I don't remember her name, though." She admitted.
"That's Yui." Ayato mumbled, causing Y/N to look surprised.
"Really!? Are you sure?!"
Ayato pulled a cross necklace out of his pocket and held it beside the picture, where the blonde wore the exact necklace.
"She was such a sweet girl..." Y/N mumbled, picking up the necklace and studying it.
The (H/C) female smiled softly when she noticed Ayato tense up as she touched the cross, and she handed it back to him. "You knew that though, right? She really could make anyone love her." She awkwardly laughed, and shook her head.
"We didn't kill her." Y/N sadly smiled and nodded, looking at the picture of the two young females.

"I know."

(A/N: Wow, I have no clue where I was going with this chapter.)