ENDING 6/14: Ayato

(Next: Shin)

The pack house was completely and utterly quiet, except for the distant sounds of crying coming from Nick's bedroom, where Y/N was still lying on his bed, skin completely pale.

She was deemed to be in a coma, not completely dead. As soon as Y/N's parents got the call, they arrived not even a day after the incident, and had not left their daughter's side in the past three days.

The brothers all kept to themselves, the Sakamakis acting the same way as they did when Yui had 'died', aloof from everyone and kept in their own thoughts and memories with the (H/C) female. No one spoke to the Mukami brothers, in fear of upsetting them by saying the wrong word. As for the Tsukinamis and Kino, they had disappeared around the day that Y/N's parents arrived. Kino's excuse being that Karl wanted to speak with him. As for the Tsukinamis, they had just vanished without saying a word.

Ayato was one of the few brothers who had returned to the L/N farm, not being able to stay in the pack house with the unconscious female and the depressing atmosphere that seemed to surround everyone.

Ayato was currently in the barn, hiding from Reiji who had attempted to get all of the brothers to pack up so that they could return to Japan and continue their schooling, which would begin once more in less than two weeks. The red haired Sakamaki was hunched over, hiding in between two hay stacks, tossing forgotten marbles into an old pale across the loft.

"There you are." The second oldest's exasperated voice caused his younger brother to tense up. "You didn't really expect me to not be able to find you, did you?" Reiji questioned as he clung onto the ladder that was positioned for easy access into the loft, his knuckles a paler white than his own flesh color.

"I thought it'd take a lot longer for you to even realize that I was missing." Ayato had simply pointed out with a scoff.

Reiji narrowed his eyes at the younger vampire, before he closed them and let out a loud sound of exhaustion. Climbing onto the loft, he hesitantly sat on one of the haybales and looked down at Ayato. "You and Y/N had a strange connection." The fuchsia eyed vampire calmly declared. "Since you both had met, she never backed down from any challenge that you had given to her, unlike Komori." He simply pointed out. "And because of that, you had instantly felt as if you had someone who could understand you."

The second eldest then narrowed his eyes once more at Ayato, who had thrown one of the marbles so hard at the pale, that it caused the object to tumble off of the ledge of the loft and make a loud clattering sound that caused an immediate panic among the horses in their stalls.

"Don't talk as if you know anything about me, or her, you silverwear-otaku!" Ayato shouted at his brother with a livid expression. "It wasn't just because she made it seem that we were on even ground that made me feel as if she were something special, but she was kind and comforting, and was able to make me laugh. Which is more than any of you have ever done for me!" He exclaimed.

"You're being too emotional." Reiji calmly pointed out.

"And you're being too unemotional!" Ayato snapped back.

"The future king should not loose his composure over something as trivial as a human who was going to die in the end anyways." Reiji urged, his voice seeming to falter as if he were choking on his words. He closed his eyes, once more, before he sighed heavily. "You were not the only one who felt close with Y/N, and you're not the only one who is hurting right now. So knock yourself out of your little pity party and stop being so full of yourself for once in your life." He spat, grasping at a startled Ayato's t-shirt. "We leave in three days. So pack up your stuff, and let's go." The second eldest said, letting go of Ayato as soon as he realized what he had just done, and then transported somewhere else.