● 01 ●

V I C T O R I A

7:45 AM

My routine usually started at this exact time every day of my life. No more, no less. Let's be real here, I'm an inconsistent person, I think some people may relate to that. I mean school, hobbies, friends? Nothing's really going on for me that's stable but this time, this was the only thing that was constant.

Just as I timed.

This is the usual time Luke Hemmings walks and passes by my house when he heads to school everyday. Somehow that was already imprinted on my brain cells almost immediately ever since I saw the boy. There was already such a strong yet strange pull towards him as if he had his own gravitational force inside of him that was just reeling me in, and ever since then I had completely fallen for him. Today he had his backpack slung on his broad shoulders, his black shirt that clung onto his body just pefectly and his snapback that revealed a few blonde locks, matched with his blue eyes that could probably cure cancer, it was like looking at a God.

I clicked on my camera once more. I finally have a picture of him in a snapback. This was definitely going to my favorites.

I scrambled off my bedroom window and ran to my desk and printed the picture immediately and pinned it with the others on my board that was hung on my bedroom wall, I decorated it myself and for once in my sad miserable life it was one of those thing I did which made me feel like it was very rewarding and motivational. I didn't do much, and this basically got me up my ass every day. It was more of a regular hobby thing, I did every morning. Luke Hemmings was art. Every inch of him.

I backed up a little bit and stared at the latest photo that I had joined with my other favourite photos of him. I admired his lip ring, his smile, his--

"Victooooriiiiaaaa! Time for school! You're gunna be late!"

I groaned hearing my mother's obnoxious voice that echoed throughout the house. She probably thought I was still asleep in my bed. I got my backpack and my camera which I slung on my neck and walked towards my door. I'm just glad my mother got me a new camera apart from my old one. I loved it, I love how the photos came out, the only thing was that it needed film and with all the photos I take I ran out after a few days. Plus I still had to develop them.

wait

I went back to my board and kissed the picture once more before I headed downstairs to meet my mom.

"Hey honey, want some breakfast?" It's the same line everyday. She knows I don't eat breakfast but she keeps asking anyway and its irritating. If there was an opportunity to miss a meal, it was breakfast. I needed to be skinnier, Luke will never notice me with all this fat.

"No" i answered with a blank expression on my face.

"C'mon you have to eat something Tori" my mom tried to protest

"Im not hungry" I cut her off, I was about to go out already when she called me again.

"Honey? Um. Make some friends okay?"

I just looked at her and I slammed the door on my way out. How could she say that to me. Im perfectly fine on my own, I don't need any friends. I just needed my daily dose of Luke Hemmings.

---

I quickly ran through the hallway, my next class was English Literature and I couldn't wait. Luke Hemmings was in this class with me. I pushed my way through these stupid kids not caring what they said.

"Hey watch it!"

I just wanted to be in that class, it's not like any of them mattered anyways but it was the only thing I looked forward to in school. Just one more year anyways and I'm finally out of this shit hole. For others high school might be the best years of their lives, relishing in the moments of temporary fame and titles of hierarchy. Impressing all these people and "living up" to their standards, well good for them but to the other half of the population it was just pure hell.

As soon as I got there I quickly slumped in my seat and tidied my hair a bit. I know my hair isn't perfect. It's really long and it gets tangled, but I try to fix it as I can. My fingers were struggling and working their way to somehow comb my hair. Gotta look presentable enough Victoria. I thought to myself but after a few more fixing and yanking my arms went numb and tired so I decided to just let it be and just wait and constantly stare at the door and await his arrival.

A few minutes later, a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair sticking out of a snapback walked into the room. I couldn't stop the smile that crept in my face. He's finally here.

He slumped into his seat and placed his bag beside him, he took off his snapback and ran his fingers through his hair with ease and fixed his snapback on top of his head once again. You could imagine my envy.

"Mr. Hemmings, are you aware of the school dress code?" Our professor Mr. Peterson looked at Luke tugging his glasses a bit further down the bridge of his ridiculously long nose.

"I'm not very keen with it no but I do recall it says try not to look like a candy cane" he joked and everyone in our class bursed into a fit of laughter, well since our teacher happened to wear a green striped polo with a pink tie. It didn't actually look that bad but Luke is right. He's always right.

"Very funny Luke, take your hat off or else it's detention for you" He said sternly and then faced the blackboard.

The class went on but all I could think of was the beautiful boy sitting in front of me. That was one of my favorite things about this class. I got to sit right behind Luke Hemmings. That way, I could smell his perfume or glance at him and just be near him.

Today we had a test about The Three Musketeers. It was pretty easy, since I've read that a few times before. It was all good when Luke's shoulders started to move and I watched him shuffle from his seat and looked back at me. His lips parted and spoke in a whispering manner "Hey"

For one second I thought he was probably talking to someone who was sat behind me, so I looked back and saw my classmate looking at me in a weird way so I looked back at Luke and pointed at myself and mouthed "Me?"

He was looking straight into my eyes. Maybe he really was talking to me. This is it.

"Yeah you, who was that guy again? That wannabe musketeer?"

At first I couldn't respond. He talked to me. Me. But I had to act natural so I hid the smile that was about to spread on my face and answered "D'Artagnan"

"Right--" He paused for a bit and his eyebrows knitted togther "--I knew that" he didn't, English lit wasn't one of his best subjects

"Thanks cutie" he said with a wink as he returned back to face front again and work on his quiz.

Cutie

He called me fucking cutie.

* * *

so you're all probably thinking victoria's a psycho....

Ya she prolly is