● 36 ●

i was listening to amnesia while writing this, made me cry like a little bitch

L U K E

I squinted my eyes open, when I felt a streak of warmth and brightness hit my face. Bright, Everything was so bright.

Ay first there was just a big streak of light shining on my face, then slowly it faded and things around me became more clearer.

I was facing an off white ceiling, with a flourescent light right in the middle. The walls were a shade of light powder blue. I slowly gained my hearing after scrunching my face up a lot, and all I heard was a beeping sound beside me. Am I in a hospital? How did I end up here?

I looked around some more and there were a series of potted plants, with a bag of dextrose hanging by it, some flowers, a basket of fruit by the table and--a girl.

She had her face buried on her forearms as she rested them on my bed. I could notice she had a rosary on her other hand. She had a huge jacket draped over her, still I couldn't quite determine who she was, and what was she doing here. I looked over to the couch behind her and--Ashton? Was was he doing here? He was sleeping on the dark green leather chair. His arms crossed against his chest and his head leaning against the side of the couch.

That's when I looked at the girl again and stared at her hair, her small hands, her complexion, the shape of her face, how could I not have noticed her? She was Victoria, the girl that I loved so very much.

My heart skipped a beat as I jumped out of the bed to move closer to her  I wanted to hug her, to feel her warmth again, finally this was my chance "T-Tori, you're here, oh god" I walked closer to her.

But as I neared her and I opened my arms to touch her, her hands felt different. There was also a pang of hurt in my chest for some unknown reason and that made me jump slightly, it felt like I was completely not given notice and it felt like my skin didn't even touch hers.

I stepped forward to her again, still wanting to touch her but the feeling came to me again and I didn't undertand it but it was painful, like a mix of agony and sadness.

Then I looked at the bed and that's where it all hit me like a big fat train of emotions. I saw myself, lying in bed. In a hospital gown, with scrapes and bruises, and different tubes strapped to my body, and death written all over my features.

I almost didn't recognize myself. I looked pale, far more pale than I already was. There a bandage wrapped around my head. My eyelids looked dark, a cannula on my nose, a few cuts and scrapes on my face and my arms, and the rest of my body was hidden beneath the hospital sheets.

I backed up from where I stood clearly getting confused when everything flashed right in front of me. The car, the phone call, the truck, the crash. Tears were starting to pool in my eyes. I gripped a handful of my hair in my hands as I felt myself lean against the hospital walls as I watched my self in bed.

I yelled, I yelled as much as I could but nobody could hear me, and that amplified the pain in my chest. "God, whyy?! Noooooo, why are you doing this to me?!" The tears were running down my face, I just wanted to wake up from this sick sick nightmare.

That's when I heard the beeping become louder and faster in pace. The pain in my chest became worse, my vision blurred again and the streak of really bright light evaded me again, as I watched figures in front of me. That was probably Ashton running to Tori when she stood up and shook my body as nurses and the doctor came barging in the room.

"Please, tell me this is just a dream"

* * *

V I C T O R I A