● 45 ●

C A L U M

I took one last look at Luke and Tori and marched out of Luke's house and slammed the door in the process.

I've been friends with them for a while but I couldn't stand someone treating me like shit when all I wanted to do was help. I was mad, especially at Tori.

She wasn't even Luke's girlfriend yet but she's acting like she's known him her whole life. I could hear Michael calling out my name from inside of the house then the door open after me. "Calum! Come on man don't do this"

I angrily got inside my car and drove away to my house ignoring Michael's voice. I pressed on the ignition as hard as I could that I could feel my lungs about to burst. I clenched my jaw and jumped a bit as I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. Luke was calling me but instead of answering, I pressed the red button. I'm pretty sure he would just tell me to go back.

I immediately parked my car then went inside my house throwing my keys at the couch. I rubbed my face with my hands due to frustration but my whole body froze at the sight in front of me.

"Hey Calum, miss me?"

The devil himself with legs crossed and arms spread on the couch and a sinister grin on his face.

I grabbed one of the iron rods near our fireplace and pointed it at him, my hands shaking because of fear. "What are you doing here Ashton?"

He stood up from his spot and walks toward me his hands clasped together as he chuckled. "Don't come near me Ash, I swear to God I'll kill you" I threatened him ready to hit him with the rod however he just tipped the rod with his finger aside and looked at me in the eyes. "Oh come on, there's no need for that mate. I just wanna talk, just like friends do."

"That friendship was long gone Ash, so I suggest that you leave or I'll call the cops or else--I swear to God Ashton I don't wanna be a murderer."

He raised both of his hands up in defeat however his smile was still present. "Alright, calm down. I'll just leave then. I'll leave you be with your own miserable life secretly hoping for Luke to take notice of you--"

"What?" I immediately cut him off as my eyes widened at what he said. He knows? "--but ohhh right you can't do that with his girlfriend always going around following him right? Too bad"

  He was right, I am gay. Ever since I saw Luke join the team when we were in 7th grade, and that's one of the reasons why I never got a girlfriend. I never told anyone, not even Ashton even if he was my best friend. I didn't think he would understand, and being popular at school was everything, I was accepted and I didn't want to change that. Calum Hood, screwed a few girls here and there at a few parties, a bit shallow, well, very shallow but I didn't want everyone to know so I had to do what other normal high school guys did.  

"I don't know what you're talking abou--" 

"We both know what I'm talking about here fag. The fact that you've turned gay and made googley eyes as soon as he joined the team." he said slowly walking towards my direction, making his voice even louder which made me flinch and slowly back away from him "T-that's not true" I denied as I continued to step back. My voice was shaking and the words came out stuttered that I didn't even notice Ashton already took the iron rod away from my hands.

"Oh please, we grew up together Calum I'm your bestfriend! I've always known!" He yelled on top of his lungs and a tear escaped my eye. All this time, he knew, he didn't even try talking to me about it. 

"Just go out Ash, you're not my bestfriend, not anymore." I managed to say under my breath as I pointed at the door. Ashton was already so close to me, his whole frame towering over mine. I can't believe that I was actually terrifed of my own bestfriend and then I knew, he wasn't the Ashton I used to know.

"Fine, have fun third-wheeling. I could've helped you get your man you know."

"What?"

"Oh nothing, nothing. I'll just leave like you asked me to." and with that Ashton slowly turned his back and walked towards my front door. He smiled at me one last time and I hated it, I hated it so much that I closed my eyes just to stay away from temptation.

"Ashton wait" I called out to him as he was just about to twist the doorknob. My conscience was killing me, but I was desperate. There was absolutely no way that I could get Luke if Tori was around.

"Yeah mate?" he smiled sheepishly as he turned his head back to me.

"What did you have in mind?" I said

"It's pretty simple what we have to do here Calum, I want my girl back. You want to be with Luke, we just need a few tweaks and alterations. We both get the love of our lives here, it's a win win situation really"

"You're not gunna hurt Luke, or Tori right?"

"I promise I won't harm a single hair on both of their heads" he said crossing his heart with his fingers. I looked at Ashton again and he was already holding his hand out "What do you say? For old time's sake" and without much doubt I shook his hand in agreement.

"So what do I have to do?" I asked him as he happily skipped around my house.

"Oh not much, I just need you to look at them from the inside for me" he said and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "I don't understand Ash, is that it?" I asked again which made him laugh.

"Don't worry, Ashy's just gunna give them a little scare first"

* * *

holy crap it's so cold and my fingers can barely type but I wanna write for you guys, so vote and comment if you liked it!

btw about the Calum thing, you know I love y'all hahaha