● 02 ●

Cutie

Cutie

Cutie

The same scenario replayed over and over in my brain like a broken record and I never wanted it to stop which made me smile like a complete idiot all throughout the rest of the class. It was like the first time you listen to your favorite song in a long time, and you just keep playing it and playing it until eventually you get sick of it. However in this case there was no way on earth I would get over what just happened.

I wished I had told him more. I want to talk to him some more.

I mean we were basically friends now, right? Didn't we just have a conversation? I practiced how I'd speak to him inside my head probably a million times already.

Just play it cool like the other kids

When the bell rang, I got up from my seat, grabbed my backpack and so did he. "Bye Luke" those two words tumbled out of my mouth and I mentally face palmed myself, with a brick.

Yeah, way to start a conversation by saying 'Bye' idiot

"See you around" he smiled then he exited the classroom with his friends again. I walked down the hallway with my backpack on my shoulder and my books against my chest.

It was lunch time and everyone was ecstatic, there were a bunch of kids running down the hallways racing to the lunchroom, there were also couples kissing against the lockers like they haven't seen each other every day. I went to my locker, put my stuff in there and looked at his pictures again. I had a few ones taped on my locker door, but I made sure no one saw them. I traced my fingers at his photo and sighed. I can't believe we actually talked today.

I waited a little while for everyone to be out the hallways. Luke's locker was 10 lockers away from mine. I had his picture tied in a red ribbon and a wrote a few things that I like about Luke at the back of the photo. I do this everyday but Luke still doesn't know who keeps sending him these anonymous notes.

I guess it was better to keep it this way, I wasn't even ready to actually talk to him yet, well technically we did but this was my way of telling him how special he is. I walked to his locker and looked to my right, then to my left then slid the note on the little slit on his locker.

I walked to the lunchroom smiling. It was always something that made me happy. He made me happy. I wonder if he keeps the notes, does he read them? Does he tell his friends about it? I started fantasizing about what could possibly happen between me and Luke Hemmings that day.

I opened the door to the lunchroom and waited in line. I got myself food and looked for my usual spot.

I sit alone at lunch everyday, but I didn't care. My spot had a perfect view of Luke Hemming's table. He sat there with his friends laughing. I felt happy everytime I saw his face light up like that. I chewed on my food as I kept staring at him until someone distracted me from my hobby. Some guy completely blocked my view.

"Uh--What are you doing?"

A boy with curly light brown hair and green eyes with his tray in his hands slumped on the seat across me. He was wearing a light blue denim long sleeve with the buttons undone and a black shirt underneath it.

"Im sitting, I need a table to be able to eat properly. I'm Ashton by the way"

"Yeah it's not like you don't say that everyday" In all honesty, Ashton wasn't even longer a stranger anymore. We weren't friends or accquaintances either. He always seems to find a way and tick me off everyday. I don't think there was even a day in my high school life that he doesn't pass by and say "Hi, I'm Ashton" and wave at me like we're some kind of friends since we were kids. Even then, I ignored his presence every time.