• 48 •

I slowly opened my eyes, and they were heavy. It felt like cement. I'm pretty my eyes were swollen at this point since I could barely open my left eye. I could feel the dirt that was sticking to my face; a mixture of sweat, dried blood and tears. The pain rang through my whole body as I tried to move my leg. The room smelled rotten, and funky. I look around with my one functioning eye and my neck cranes to scan the room. Victoria wasn't here.

I could still see the unmade bed, the wilted rose petals scattered all over the floor. A reminder of how that monster forced himself on my girlfriend. I have no idea if she was dead, god I hope she wasn't, but at this point I felt like I lost all hope. I was so close to death I could practically sense the grim reaper beside me, waiting til I breathe my last breath and just take me away and end all of this.

I was too numb to do anything, too bruised up, and I eventually gave up thinking about how much blood I had lost. My knee was all blue and the green veins adorned my leg. I can't even stand looking at it, but the pain was pulsing and my only resort was to close my eyes shut and yell in pain.

As my head moved, the strange smell evaded my lungs more. I twisted my head to every direction til I found out where it came from. There were boxes and sheets of old dirty cloth, it probably was old bedsheets or probably a table mantle. The smell was so gross it might be a dead rat. Without much thinking and less to do, I poked on the crates that sat a few feet away from me with my good leg. I managed to crawl my way and then poked on the boxes to much curiosity. All of a sudden I felt the blood drain from my face as a hand helplessly fell from the mountains of boxes and crates.

I began to shake as I stared wide eyed at the scene in front of me. This was a dead person. The arm was now a ghostly pale shade and it had some dirt and blood covered in it.

I moved the boxes with all the strength left in my body and picked up the cloth that poorly covered the body and "--oh my god Calum."

There he was, with a huge murky and bloody slit on his throat, his eyes open and the blood coming out from his nose and his mouth. A blood covered kitchen knife, buried in Calum's throat. Completely lifeless and gray, laid in the cold concrete floor was one of my closest friends.

I would have tried to wake him to consciousness or even life hopefully but even in my state of utter shock but there was no possible way he could be alive. His head was almost separated from his neck and it was evident despite the shades of red that covered his throat. It looked so out of proportion he was pretty sure Calum's head was cut of and it was no wonder who could've done such a thing.

I was raging, I was so fueled with anger. I don't know if he killed Victoria by now, it was impossible, especially with someone like Ashton. It meant nothing. All those lives he took were probably mere specks of dirt in his eyes.

"Luke?" A small faint voice rang through the whole house and my head snaps. It was her. I could hear crying and feet stomping on hard wood upstairs and an angry voice. "You shut the fuck up!" Ashton. It was followed with a very loud blow, it sounded like skin against skin, and then a loud thud with more whimpers and crying.

"Tori!! Fuck. Ashton don't you dare hurt her!" I heard another blow and the ropes around me started to tighten and the pain hit me again, but that fucker was upstairs, hitting her. "I'm gunna fucking kill you!"

"You! Shut the fuck up down there! I'll fucking cut your tongue off!" Ashton yells from upstairs and Luke hears footsteps towards the basement door. Almost immediately he shifts closer to Calum and grabs the knife, hiding it behind his hands and starts to cut the thick ropes behind his feet and on his hands.

Soon enough the basement door flies open with Ashton walking down the stairs while he dragged Victoria behind him. Her legs helplessly dragged and bumped on the wooden stairs, a bunch of her hair in Ashton's hands as he ferociously dragged her down. Her cries and whimpers filled the room just bringing a tear to my own eye and my teeth clenched at how much I wanted to kill him right fucking now.

"God Ashton you're a fucking sick. You know what? scratch that, you're a goddamn monster." I spat at him while he threw Victoria to the other side of the room, her body fell on the cold floor and her eyes widen at Calum's body. "Oh my god, Calum."

"The little bitch deserved that after trying to help you escape." Ashton growls at Tori and her whole body trembles in horror and her cries become louder. I had no idea what Calum was doing here, why did he try to help Tori escape and how does he even know we're-- All of a sudden it all hit me like a huge bus. It was Calum. I was with Calum that night, he had something to do with this, and now he's dead.

Victoria looks at me with puffy eyes, she's tired, she's been crying. She had a cut just below her eye, across her whole right cheek. "Please help me." She mouthed at me and I nod with tears in our eyes. She doesn't deserve this. "I love you" I tell her and her head falls before looking at me with so much adoration. The same look she gave me everyday, only this time fear was there too. I don't know what else Ashton did to her but god I promise I'm going to give him what he deserves.

I felt a slight relief when the first string of rope broke in between my palms and it made it more easier to maneuver this time. I continued slicing behind my back as I tried as much as I can to not look suspicious and tried small motions so Ashton wouldn't notice. I kept a straight face despite my whole body shaking in both fear and anger. I really wanted to stab him right there, but he was too far and there was no way I could stand with these legs. I needed a a closer angle, I only had one shot and if I mess this up, for sure Ashton would kill me this time.

* * *

Hey bitchachos, I'm baaaack and we almost at the end omaga