● 42 ●

V I C T O R I A

I walked around the house with my hands covering my face as I tried to talk some sense into my parents into letting me stay here just for a couple of days. It's not just because I didn't want to leave Luke yet, but because I wanted to tae care of him. After what happened with Ashton I couldn't find myself leaving Luke out of my sight anymore, and that scared me.

"--no mom, listen just listen to me for one sec" We've been talking for a good couple of minutes now and I was getting frustrated trying to persyade her to let me stay.

"Victoria honey you haven't been home for a couple of days now, are you even taking care of yourself right?"

"Yes, yes I am. Don't worry I'm alright. I just can't leave Luke right now mother, he needs me."

"Darling I know you're upset because of what happened but you can't just stay there forever"

"I won't, just please just this time mom, okay? Please?"

I hear my mom let out a long sigh on the other line before she talked. "Alright fine, just be careful alright? Be home soon."

"Yeah okay"

"I love you"

"I love you too, bye" and with that I hung up and placed the phone back on the counter. I sighed in relief knowing that I was still going to stay here with Luke but at the back of my mind, there's still this thought that I have to go home somehow.

Luke was napping upstairs and Liz went grocery shopping while Andrew went to work. So it was basically just me and Luke left here. I walked over to the couch and sat down grabbing the remote control to turn the TV on when I heard some footsteps upstairs.

"Luke? Babe is that you?"

There was no answer, he just probably went to the bathroom so I turned the television on and watched some boring show.

After a while I got bored and I found myself constantly flipping the channels not finding anything entertaining at all. For some reason I was feeling uneasy, my heart started beating out of my chest like crazy and I had a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach.

I walked back to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I was getting a little hungry so maybe that's why. I opened the fridge to look something edible to consume and I ended up eating some leftover pancakes from this morning and an apple.

I was cutting my pancakes into little pieces when that feeling came back again and it was weird that it made me feel sick. I wanted to throw up but I decided to ignore it and continue eating. I looked around the house, there was just something about it that made me feel, scared, and I didn't know why so I tidied up the whle kitchen before walking upstairs to Luke's room.

* * *

"Hey, are you busy?" I asked Luke as I closed the door and walked to where he was. Leaning on the headboard fixing his glasses with a book in his hands.

"Nope, just reading something. Come sit by me" He said opening both his arms and wiggling his fingers. He looked so cute. I sat down and leaned on his chest, his arm holding the book and the other one wrapped around me then held the other end of the book.

"My mom called" I spoke up first, I knew I was disturbing him from his reading but I felt like I needed to talk to shake off the bad vibe that I've been getting. It felt like someone was watching us, or maybe that's just because I was worried about Luke, too worried.

"Hm? What's she say?" he said, eyes still fixated on the book.

"She wants me to go home"

Luke shuffled from his position and took off his glasses. Hi placed them on the side table and put the book down. "Do you want to?" He asked, and I could see that he was a little upset.

"I mean, I'm not saying that I want you to baby me all the time, it's just that. Are you happy staying here with me? I'm don't want you to feel that I'm your priority, just do what you want okay?" He said taking my hand and interwining our fingers which made me smile.

"Of course I'm happy staying here with you and taking care of you. I'm not doing this because its my obligation or something, I'm doing all this because I love you" I saw Luke's eyes brighten at my words and a smile etched on his face.

"How did I get so damn lucky" he said kissing my nose and holding me close to him and I stayed there hugging his torso, his arms wrapped around me providing me with warmth and comfort that just takes away all the bad things in life.

We stayed silent for a while, just the two of us and the cold air surrounding the room but both our bodies exchanging body heat and legs tangled with each other. "Luke, how do you think Ashton's doing?" I asked out of the blue.

"We don't really know, but I hope he's okay. I'm sure he will be, he might be having some problems now but he'll be fine okay? Don't worry about it too much. We're safe now." He said kissing my forehead while he played with the strands of my hair.

"Ashton did a lot of things, but at one point I did care for him, but not like that. I just couldn't believe he would do something like that, the thought of it scares me."

"I know baby, me too, but like I said let's not worry about it too much. Ashton's a good person deep inside, he'll come around..."

Luke continued to rub my back and just whisper sweet nothings to my ear, telling me that it everything was going to be okay, and I felt my eyes start to get heavy. "I love you Tori, so much"

"I love you more"

"That would be impossible"

* * *

i just wanna say thanks for all the feedback ive been getting, y'all are rlly sweet you guys, all of you keep me going and im not just saying this and it makes me rlly happy that you guys appreciate what i do so i love youuu, vote and comment! :*