● 07 ●

shoutout to HolyMichaelClifford bc she made me want to update and shes cool af! carry on

* * *

I thought you said not to do something predictable!" Calum hushed yelled. "I know! I just ran out of ideas. Just shut up and help me out with this thing" I mumbled as I was struggling with getting the rope over that tree branch that was near Victoria's bedroom balcony. Apparently her house was harder to climb onto compared to most houses. Initially I just planned on showing at her front door and meeting her mom and she opens the door looking like the absolute dame she is, but I decided against that.

It's been two days already and I have given Tori her 'space' now I'm gunna go and apologize and fucking nail this predictable romantic attempt. "Give me that thing" Calum said and throwing the rope up in the air just where I wanted it. "Perfect, thanks Chow King. You can go home now" I said shooing him away

"Gee you're welcome, after I just helped you out you're spitting out some asian insults. Thanks man." I huffed and fixed my shirt. "Calum, I want you to listen closely. Three's a crowd and this isn't some party that anyone can barge into, this shit is supposed to be spent with privacy" and with that, Calum nodded and patted my back "Do it for love brother." I laughed at his phony english accent "I will, comrade. Now go"

I got a few pebbles from the ground and yes, y'all know what happens next. I throw the pebbles into her window making a sound one at a time. Nobody answered, maybe she didnt hear it. I picked up another pebble and hit it again. No answer.

For the last time, I threw another one, a little harder this time, when Tori's head popped out the window and the pebble hit her forehead. "Ow! Mother fu--Ashton? What do you think you're doing?" she asked still rubbing her forehead

"Sorry about that, and I am climbing up to your room what does it look like?"

"Look, this isn't some high school musical bullshit. Get down"

I huffed blowing my fringes that cme down my face. "Are you fucking kidding me? Im halfway there already I'm not coming down"

I tried to climb up to her balcony. Just a bit more. Jeez Louis this was harder than it looks. I shimmied my way until I was plopped down her balcony floor. "I swear to god, it looked so easy when Troy Bolton did it"

"You do know you're being terribly cliché right now, right? she said hiding a laugh. A laugh is a good sign. Laugh is good, you're finally doing something right you no good piece of shit.

"Oh god Simpson, Im being romantic right now shut up" I said

I got up to my feet and brushed the dirt off of me, then I grabbed the rope that was hanging on the tree branch and pulled the basket up "Let me guess--" she spoke up

"Yep, pizza and strawberries! I separated the chocolate in a different container in case you didn't want them in your strawberries, ooh! I also brought juice pouches and gummy worms aaaand--" I rumaged through the picnic basket again looking for the--AHA! "--a movie I want you to watch with me"

"Flipped? Huh I've never seen this movie"

"I figured, now c'mon aren't you gunna let me in? It's freezing out here" I told her pretending to act cold and rubbed my hands together.

We went inside her room and surprisingly it wasn't all black like I expected. It was kinda nice actually. "I expected more--" I accidentally blurted out. "Just because I wear black all the time that doesnt mean everything should be black Ashton" she said. I looked around her room once more until my eyes got caught up to something that was hanging on her wall. Woah what the hell? "Tori, what is all this?"

"Oh that? It's nothing"

"What do you mean nothing? This is like a thing made up of all Luke Hemmings. And what are these?!" He said motioning to the white face towel that was also pinned on the board.

"Shut up, he used that yesterday after football practice but he must've forgot about it, c'mon Ash it had his sweat on it, I had to get it"

"his sweat? oh no. No no no no. There's a fine line between a cute crush and creepy. A normal person would've grabbed it and went after him and returned it--" I quickly cut off what I was about to say when I realized where this was going. This was the reason why I made her upset in the first place. I looked at her and she was tugging at the sleeves of her sweater looking down at her feet. I can't believe I almost called her a freak again.

"Tori, I'm sorry" I said moving closer to her "No Ash, it's fine. I totally get it. Everyone in school knows it. Just say it" I didn't know what else to say that. I was a man of really bad words and I couldnt think of anything cheesy or even advice worthy to her right now so I pulled her into a really tight hug. I noticed how she hugged me back. I rested my chin on her head slowly rubbing her until I felt her arms slowly wrap around me.

"There we go. We all need someone sometimes Tori, don't push me away, please?"

She didn't say anything, she just nodded at me. I smiled and quickly changed the mood before anyone starts crying. "So, about that movie"

"Ill get it ready, you go get the food" she ordered and I smiled.

V I C T O R I A

We were comfortable settled in my bed as we fixed the movie. Apparently Ashton was good with the whole thing even if it was a wee bit--alright it is very cliché but I appreciated the effort. It did make me feel better after 2 days of sulking around in my room.

We were watching the movie and surprisingly it was really cute. Not quite my taste but cute.

"See that?" Ashton pointed out to the screen

"Who? Julie Baker?"

"That's you--" he said taking a bite off his pizza.

"See, Julie likes Bryce, but then again Bryce Loski is an idiot. He didn't want to get involved to Julie seeing that she was--" he paused trying to find the right word. I know he was going to say freak "--different"

"Look at that, she sniffs at Bryce in class--" Yeah I do that

"--she does these things so Bryce would take a second look" Yep, did that too.

"She brings eggs to the Loski's house just so she could see Bryce--" wait what?

"I don't bring eggs to Luke's house" I said and he shuffled from his seat.

"Im trying to explain something here!" he rolled his eyes sounding really sassy.

"The point is, your situation is kind of simmilar to Julie's. She likes him, but the guy does really assholey things instead of being honest with himself BUT when you look at Julie, she never one tried to change herself just so she could fit in. She's just, her"

"So your point is?" I said still confused with what he's saying. This whole thing is new to me and now he's coming up to me with his weird man logic.

"My point is you don't need to change the way you are just for someone to take notice of you!"

"So you're saying I should bring eggs to Luke's house?"

"You're hopeless" Ashton huffed but smiled at me afterwards.

* * *

they're so cute im crying *wipes tear*