● 46 ●

V I C T O R I A

My eyes widened when his face came to full frame as he turned around. I never would have thought that I'd see him again, although he looked different. My whole body froze, like I was paralyzed.

His hair changed, his once dark golden curls were now a lighter shade of blonde and it was quiffed, some of the curls were there but it was a bit straightened.

Also a familiar piercing was resting on Ashton's lower lip. His clothes were different as well, he had a red flannel on with a black shirt underneath along with a familiar pair of black jeans with holes in the knees. I looked at his entire look and it was oddly familiar, it was as if he was--

"Tori, baby hi" he breathes out as he walked towards me but I step back. "I missed you so much. Do you like it?" He adds gesturing to his whole outfit and hair.

I still didn't say a word, my mind was still racing, I feel like I should do something, anything, but I was dazed, terrified even to do so. He was dressed like Luke, exactly like him.

"What's wrong? Don't you miss me?" he asks lowering the flowers on my table.

Finally I could snap out of it and opened my mouth. "What's wrong? What's wrong Ashton you tried to harm everyone, you tried to kill Luke! This! What is this? What are you doing?"

"Hey come on now, that was all in the past. Please Tori we can leave this town, we'll leave everything behind."

"Are you even hearing yourself right now?! No! You're not supposed to be here." I said as I looked around the room trying to find some sort of weapon.

"Didn't you always want to live in Tuscany? I'll take you there. Just come with me." He says with his eyes wide, with dark heavy bags, his voice breathy and he would occasionally twitch.

I looked at him and I was terrified, this wasn't the Ashton I once new.

"No, no stop. Ashton listen to me. You're sick. You're very sick. This isn't you. You need to go back. I promise we'll figure it out, we'll help you, me and Luke. The people in Northcrest Ashton, they know what they're doing, they're trying to help you. We'll be with you every step of the way." I said trying my best not to sound so scared. I was surprised I was still able to say something coherent.

He continued to walk with his eyes still fixated on me. I backed away but suddenly I felt my back slowly touch the wall. Shit.

"See? I even try to make things easy for you. Look I'm dressed like your punk wannabe boyfriend." I cringed at his words, he was mad. Completely mad.

"Ashton I'm warning you. Back away from me--" I threatened him.

Ashton's arm brushed against mine and my breath hitched as I instinctively pulled it away from him and hugged my own body. "Please don't. Go away Ash, you need help, you're sick."

"What you think I'm crazy too?" He growled as he flipped the table beside me making me tense and more terrified than I already am.

"I'm giving you one last chance Tori. You're coming with me." He says with his face inches away from mine, eyes piercing right through my skull. Even with the tears pooling in my eyes and my vision starting to blur. I could see the hatred in his eyes.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you." I spat, gathering every ounce of courage I had in me.

Ashton's jaw tensed and his eyebrows still furrowed. "What now Ashton? Are you gunna kill me?" I told him as he looked away. "I fucking dare you Ashton. Kill me if you want. I'd rather die than go with you."

I flinched as soon as his fist collided with the wall just beside my face.

"Go ahead, kill me. As long as Luke's safe."

As soon as those words left my lips. Ashton's head darted upwards with his eyes wide open. I looked at him in confusion as his lips slowly formed to a devilish grin. His grin then turned to a chuckle then a full out laugh.

"Okay." He said

"What?"

"If you won't come with me, that's fine. I mean yeah sure, I might ask your boyfriend for permission first." He says with a smile before making his way out my window.

I ran after him as I soon realized what he just said, like a puzzle finally coming together, but I was too late he was already gone.

He's going after Luke

I rummaged through my bag as I tried to dial his number as fast as I could with shaky fingers. After a couple of rings I could hear Luke's voice from the other line.

"Hey what's up?"

"Luke, where are you right now I--"

"Just kidding, leave a message after the beep."

"Fuck! Luke where the hell are you?! Ashton's here and he's coming to get you. I'm calling the police, please don't go to your house. I need you to go to the police okay? I need you to stay there. Call me as soon as you get this."

L U K E

"That was such a noob move. You're finished." Calum said as he nudged me in the shoulder with both our eyes on the screen. The sounds of our fingers tapping on the consoles masked by our laughs and endless banters for the past hours of playing Fifa.

"Dude shut up." I say while I squinted my eyes, tongue pressed on the side of my lips as I concentrated on the game. I let out a laugh as soon as I won and Calum threw his controller on the coffee table.

"Fuck yes! Fuck with me son!" I yelled as I did a small dance and Calum jokingly scoffs.

"Don't get cocky, we all know you can't beat me at real football." He says and I let out a tired laugh as my hand glided above my knee. I suddenly remembered what happened to my leg.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot about--"

"Nah, it's alright." I tell him with a reassuring smile. My phone rings and Tori's face appears on my screen. Calum looks at it with eyebrows furrowed and his smile fades. I was about to answer the call but then the apple icon suddenly pops up and my phone dies.

"Well shit, hey Cal I should get going then it's getting late." I tell him as I grabbed my bag from the floor and he nods.

"Hey you okay buddy?"

"I'm sorry Luke."

Before I could even ask, I felt a hard object hit my head from behind my back. The sound of metal against my own skull, with Calum being the last person I see, then everything was black.

* * *

i cringed.